RIP John Barry

Tools    

Sad to hear he'd died and that he'd had some Altzheimers at the end, such a brilliant composer. I don't think the James Bond films would have been as memorable without the theme tunes. Can you even think of Goldfinger or Diamonds are Forever without the fabulous Shirley Bassey singing the song? Or that hauntingly sad harmonica in Midnight Cowboy?

A fantastic musical legacy.

Yep, he's one of those people who you associate with one thing (Bond, obviously) but then when they die, you find out they were behind so many instantly familiar tunes and songs. Zulu, Born Free, Mightnight Cowboy, The Ipcress File and one of my favourites, Chaplin.

R.I.P John Barry.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
There are a few composers who are almost instantly recognizable, and John Barry is certainly one of them. His scores tend to have a full orchestra with the string section playing huge, romantic rhemes and you can hear that in many of the films mentioned. Some of his other more recognizable scores include Out of Africa, The Deep, The Lion in Winter, Mary, Queen of Scots, The Legend of the Lone Ranger, Jagged Edge, The Cotton Club and Howard the Duck.

&feature=related

R.I.P.

God rest his soul. (sign of the cross)