How to Really Watch a Movie

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I could get nitpicky, but nah.

Also, your #2 rule doesn't necessarily have to apply to comedies. I can think of a few films that I've seen that can't really be classed as comedies but were still hilarious to watch in the company of others anyway Blue Velvet stands out in my mind, watching it by yourself can get a little creepy, yet I saw it in theatres a couple of months ago and thought it was comedy gold.
Maybe you should give it one rating for theatres and one for watching it at home by yourself. I watched Blue Velvet four times at the theatre in 1986. I also watched Taxi Driver[ four times at the theatre in 1976. I still don't especally like either movie or think that others should like them either. However, one thing's for sure. They are both far better than most Lynch flicks and basically crystallized Scorsese's filmmaking theme. They should both be watched at least four times. If not, I wouldn't have done it. (Actually, I've seen them both WAY more than four times because you have to count home viewings!)

The Elected Movie Eliminator
Thanks for the tips, but I think we are fine on how to watch a movie. I watch movies based on enjoyment, that is all, doesn't matter if I'm in a different environment or if I'm not watching a comedy with another person.

This was an excellent idea for a thread, telling people how to 'really' watch a movie.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Welcome to the human race...
I'll risk sounding like a huge idiot when I ask; and what's exactly the difference between movies and films?
Quality?

The Godfather is a film. Crank is a movie.

It's just some rather unnecessary semantics, but yeah.

I , for one, am glad I have the ability to watch a film without worrying about anything else other than the film itself. I can take a leak or go make ramen noodles or just sit there in awe, if the said film dictates. I am cheap ftmp and when the GF and I go to see a movie I am usually the one to go get the free refill. I could buy two large drinks or two large popcorns, but I digress - the refills are free, what is a few mins away from the movie at hand? I did get a trite tee'd when I saw Wolverine this weekend however: I missed the admantium part, dammit!.

Finally!

Now I know (how to really watch a movie).

Thank you, Moviegoer, for the enlightenment.

*cough*

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

A system of cells interlinked
If I have the figures from the movie. I put them next to me.

"Action figures...fully deployed!" - Andrew Wells - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Originally Posted by martian leader
If I have the figures from the movie. I put them next to me.
Ohhhh, but I'm sure you mean your Puppet Master action figures, which are probably thinking, Enough of this ****! We're sick of watching ourselves! Turn on Diary of a Mad Black Woman - it's on BET! We want MADEA!

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
The Godfather is a film. Crank is a movie.

It's just some rather unnecessary semantics, but yeah.
keyword: unnecessary. i never notice whether i'm saying movie or film it all just spews out

I watch lots of movies with breaks inbetween, sometimes days at a time. I don't have time a lot of the time to watch a movie all the way through so i continue it for about 20 minutes every night before i fall asleep and i don't think it takes away from the story at all, i find it easy to re-engage myself in the world that the characters live in but that's just me

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
Ohhhh, but I'm sure you mean your Puppet Master action figures, which are probably thinking, Enough of this ****! We're sick of watching ourselves! Turn on Diary of a Mad Black Woman - it's on BET! We want MADEA!
They enjoy watching themselves! It goes for other movies as well. * All the puppets nod. * * Tunneler spins his drill in slight anger. *

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
They enjoy watching themselves! It goes for other movies as well. * All the puppets nod. * * Tunneler spins his drill in slight anger. *
Uhhh....

(You know we love you Martian )

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Well, 2001 does have an intermission, you know.
As does Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I was expecting an instructional video out of this. I guess I'll never truly be able to watch a movie the correct way.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Also Rose Red as you have to change disc's