Men: Shaved Armpits?

Tools    

Should men shave their armpits?
15.52%
9 votes
I'm a man and I shave my armpits, so yea.
50.00%
29 votes
I'm a man and I don't shave my armpits, but see nothing wrong.
18.97%
11 votes
I'm a man and I don't shave my armpits and I think no man should ever think about it.
5.17%
3 votes
I'm a woman and think men should shave their armpits at least from time to time.
10.34%
6 votes
I'm a women and I think men shouldn't shave their armpits at all.
58 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Shave or don't shave. Who cares? Seriously.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Golgot
Hey, that hair's been sculpted, surely. That's an underarm model. No fair. (you American's and your glamour obsessions. Honestly )
Armpit hair gel...strong enough for an American man but made for a European woman!

Is U.K a part of Europe? You go figure.

Originally Posted by Am I Not Your Girl?
Their loved ones... sheesh!

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
hey guys by european do u mean us UK brit gals?
I dunno... I'm blinded by the Yankee sun.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
Armpit hair gel...strong enough for an American man but made for a European woman!

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I just got to ask... The underarm area. Is that the armpit or do you mean the part of the arm closest to the hand??
Ewww. Surely Swedish women ain't that hairy!

Is U.K a part of Europe?
Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, it's on the
planet that it's farthest from.

You ready? You look ready.
Right now it's more or less that I have so little hair seeing how I'm not a hairy guy. I mean I don't even have facial hair. And on top of that I know this one girl who thinks it's manly and dead sexy. For the record, SHE'S HOT!!!!! I've also got a friend who is one of the hairest guys I know and he was getting out of control so that's why he shaved.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Originally Posted by coolbreeze
Granted that American ways have crept into the EU culture and the numbers are rising here in Germany and other places where women now shave the underarm area. Advertising is a very powerful thing.

But I know many young professional women, not rural ladies, who pride themselves in being unshaven. For many it is a choice to go unshaven. For others, more from the east (where the wall has fallen away) are still unshaven by their choice.
american ways have crept into the european culture? so until the clever americans thought of shaving their armpits , poor lil' european women were walkin arround like chewbaka's? stop spreading your propaganda.....

history *is* moralizing
many do.
i shave, now i've got used to it (the armpits, still), but not as often as i used to and not all places. when i have some pretty demands to respond to... i do it (as much) for her just as she does it (as much) for me. everyone wins. and i mean, integral shaving included. among other kinky games. hei, "Mister d'O" doesn't sound so bad.

Yo dasss, calm down man. Coolbreeze isn't wrong to suggest some women in europe don't shave their pits. Besides, i don't think he's inspected the intimate bits of that many europeans - i took his 'many' to mean 'two' . And i don't reckon you've surveyed a whole continent's womenfolk either.

And anyway, it obviously wasn't meant as a cuss, let alone 'propoganda'. Chill out.
why does everyone assume that just because you use a "bad" word ( like bullshit ) you're angry? i assure you i'm perfectly calm, slightly annoyed, but not angry....
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
Just when he was about to break out of his candy shell.
ha?

history *is* moralizing
Coolbreeze (...) i don't think he's inspected the intimate bits of that many europeans - i took his 'many' to mean 'two' . And i don't reckon you've surveyed a whole continent's womenfolk either.
Coolbreeze's a she!

i (almost) have. except in the North of Germany a few years ago, Netherlands and some Scandinavians, they all systematically do (you'll find a few exceptions here and there, especially among radicals). but only legs and armpits, of course. for the rest, one has to ask kindly... and it works too.

Originally Posted by adidasss
why does everyone assume that just because you use a "bad" word ( like bullshit ) you're angry? i assure you i'm perfectly calm, slightly annoyed, but not angry....
***EDIT***this bit was all wrong***EDIT***

I could understand you being annoyed by the occasional US habit of assuming inferiority in other nations, but i don't think this hair issue is an example of it.

'Propoganda' is the wrong word btw. It suggest deliberate government orchestration. Saying it's 'a misrepresentation' or something would be better.

That's why you come across as angry mate. That and the swearing .

---
EDIT:
---

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
Coolbreeze's a she!
Yeah, i realised. (You should've highlighted his as well though )

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
i (almost) have. except in the North of Germany a few years ago, Netherlands and some Scandinavians, they all systematically do (you'll find a few exceptions here and there, especially among radicals). but only legs and armpits, of course. for the rest, one has to ask kindly... and it works too.
That's a pretty damned good survey . This could explain everything. North Western Europeans let their armpits flourish, while the rest impose strict restrictions on their armpits. I'm glad this is all cleared up .

Although things get messy once you reach this island. My experience of British women is: some do, some don't. But i might hang out with the odd radical .

history *is* moralizing
that coolbreeze is from Germany. She's a European (and a European woman at that.
sorry Golgot, she's not. she now lives in Europe. i don't think she'd be angry at me for divulging she's from the US. (i hope so she's not... )

Well, you can't be that calm mate, coz you don't seem to have noticed that coolbreeze is from Germany. She's a European (and a European woman at that ), so she's speaking from experience at least - and she's far less likely to be spreading the US 'propoganda' you obviously are annoyed about .
As an All American Girl living in Heidelberg Germany, I took to not s:
'Propoganda' is the wrong word btw. It suggest deliberate government orchestration. Saying it's 'a misrepresentation' or something would be better. (Still not sure it is tho ).
proPAganda - "The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause."
nice try though.....

As an All American Girl living in Heidelberg Germany...
Heheheh. Whoops

I've accused her of being a European male so far. Boy am i in trouble .

Originally Posted by adidasss
proPAganda - "The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause."
nice try though.....
The point is: that word is applied to organised groups - normally governments - and normally ones with a nefarious/deceptive agenda. Unless there is some mass American movement to discredit europeans by suggesting they have very hairy armpits (and i'm not aware of one) then you've used the wrong word.

Your English is good mate. But surely you don't think there is an orchestrated attempt to 'propogate' the idea that Americans have superior underarm hair. If you do, then i think you're slightly paranoid.

As it is, i think you're using the wrong word. Nobody here is waging a deliberate and deceptive word war on Croatia's women. You dig?

history *is* moralizing
Unless there is some mass American movement to discredit europeans by suggesting they have very hairy armpits (and i'm not aware of one)
what? you don't know the HLF?
(hair liberation front)

Heheheh. Whoops

I've accused her of being a European male so far. Boy am i in trouble .

The point is: that word is applied to organised groups - normally governments - and normally ones with a nefarious/deceptive agenda. Unless there is some mass American movement to discredit europeans by suggesting they have very hairy armpits (and i'm not aware of one) then you've used the wrong word.

Your English is good mate. But surely you don't think there is an orchestrated attempt to 'propogate' the idea that Americans have superior underarm hair. If you do, then i think you're slightly paranoid.

As it is, i think you're using the wrong word. Nobody here is waging a deliberate and deceptive word war on Croatia's women. You dig?
well mate, it's a common perception in america that european women don't shave their armpits, and since the majority of american women actually do shave their armpits, one can assume that they find unshaved armpits "icky", and thus by stating that european women don't shave their armpits, or as i like to say, SPREADING THEIR PROPAGANDA, they are trying to make european women seem inferior and rediculous in some way....so i think i used the word correctly.....