Extremely Common Things In Movies But Almost Never Happens in Real Lif

Tools    

An addition to the one about how the person running from killer/monster always looks back and trips, you also have the one about how, no matter how slow the monster walks, it always catches up with even the fastest fleeing human, who always runs straight down the trail until fatigue hits. Then the victim holds arms in the air, screams and it's all over.

You need a bigger budget to see the victim actually murdered or eaten.

Women in slinky night gowns always are hypnotized by the eyes of the vampire. The men grab a cross.

The truth is in here
The victim running away from the villain will always trip or fall regardless of any actual trip hazard.
****, that one annoys the crap out of me every single time!

The victim running away from the villain will always trip or fall regardless of any actual trip hazard.

I will play Devil's advocate if the person is running through the woods (not on a path), and at night. It can be difficult to manage that in broad daylight.

I agree on calling bullsh*t if the villain walks the whole way, and has no way of catching them unless they trip.

*Victim outruns them, makes it to their car and drives away. Killer eventually makes it to spot their car was. Sulks.*

Mostly happens in horror movies, but it seems like when someone hides under a bed, there's barely anything under there and the floor underneath is very clean. Also, it seems like the bed is built for the person that's hiding under it. They never seem to bump their head on the bed frame when going to hide or getting out of hiding spot lol

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

People falling off a building or cliff and managing to hold on with just one hand.
How about when they do the "while they are trapped on the top floor and as they climb out of a window, they go down this tall building, catching each windowsill to get to the bottom of the building" lol. Good luck with trying that is real life

I got another one, when in horror movies when the killer looks like they haven't showered in days and still able to stalk victims without stinking up the joint. The victim that is being stalked acts as if they can't smell the killer's odor within the distance, Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees is a good example for this lol.

The truth is in here
The security guards not watching the cameras for a really long time either due to being in a long-winded conversation with someone else, or they've fallen asleep and aren't able to pay attention. I would be terrified wanting my items to not be stolen if they were this terrible at their jobs!

The security guards not watching the cameras for a really long time either due to being in a long-winded conversation with someone else, or they've fallen asleep and aren't able to pay attention. I would be terrified wanting my items to not be stolen if they were this terrible at their jobs!
Unfortunately, they tried to inject a silly movie trope into the real life murder of Jeffrey Epstein... and people bought it anyway!

(Next thing we know, a couple guys will kidnap Epstein's corpse for a weekend, hop a bus and jump it over an opening drawbridge!)

You'd think some movies would intentionally make them more realistic by not having any of this nonsense.
For a lot of those sort of movies, you are waiting for that moment; you gave up on realism when you bought into the concept of the monster....realism or believability isn't the point. The negligee moment HAS to be there, especially so the trailer and movie poster can have that night gown-clad female looking terrified. If that didn't happen, what would be the point of the movie.

the main character takes a huge hit to the neck, face, or testicles, and still has enough strength to fight

Especially the neck. One big hit to the throat and you can barely breathe. Adrenaline can get you through a lot of pain, but you can't fight without oxygen.

Pulling the pin out of a hand grenade with ones teeth. I've thrown a few, no way.
The vegetable cart run over and explodes in a car chase.
The baguette sticking up & out of the grocery bag.
Scottish people only have one tooth, linen gloves with the fingers tips worn out warming their hands over a lump of coal burning in a wire trash can.
Shooting a silver dollar thrown up in the air with an hipshot fanner pistol.

Hong Kong action film buff.
Especially the neck. One big hit to the throat and you can barely breathe. Adrenaline can get you through a lot of pain, but you can't fight without oxygen.
Dont tell me this - tell the 80s Asian filmmakers.