Favorite Time Travel Movie

Tools    

Ya in the mean while...

The Time Machine, 1960 version. The 2002 remake was ok-ish, but I thought adding the love story, and the motivations for building the machine felt tacked on.

...uh the post is up there...

Butterfly Effect 1 & 3. Recommend Number 3 to anyone who was disappointed by number 2

Time Machine (The original, not the remake)
Time After Time
Somewhere in Time
Army of Darkness
Back to the Future
Its a Wonderful Life

Definitely the original Time Machine, possibly my favorite movie of all time, definitely my favorite sci-fi movie of all time. Everything about it just seems so perfect to me. Just enough differences from the book without completely disregarding it, perfect effects for it's time, etc. I absolutely adore it.

I haven't seen that many, but I would note Looper and The butterfly effect.

1) the Terminator

"A few years from now, all this, this whole place, everything, it's gone. Just gone."

2) Terminator 2

"Not like me. A T-1000, advanced prototype."
"You mean more advanced than you are?"
"Yes. A mimetic poly-alloy."
"What the hell does that mean?"
"Liquid metal."

3) Planet of the Apes (1968)

"I can't help thinking that somewhere in the universe there has to be something better than man. Has to be."

4) the Time Machine (1960)

"which three books would you have taken?"

5) Back to the Future

"where we're going..."

Timecrimes is definitely up there as one of the best I have seen.

Also rate Back To The Future, The Terminator 1 & 2, Twelve Monkey's, Time Cop, Frequency, Bill and Ted's Jogus Journey and most recently [ILooper[/i]

Can't believe I forgot Le Jetee, the film that inspired Gilliams' Twelve Monkeys

The most loathsome of all goblins
1) the Terminator

"A few years from now, all this, this whole place, everything, it's gone. Just gone."

I have to agree that this is the king of time travel movies, as well as one of the greatest thrillers ever made. Few movies get my blood pumping like The Terminator.

Just picking one, I'll go with one a lot of people seem to agree with and that is Time After Time (1979) One of the best "fish out of water" tales that I've ever seen.