The 2015 MoFies Awards - THE CEREMONY!!!!!! !!!

Tools    

MoFo presents...
FALSE WRITER
total post count ........... total thread count
1,619 .......................... 26

January 17th

—— 2015 ——
You’re One Of Us Now! Best New MoFo
—— documentary ——

I may have reviewed multiple movies on this forum,
but I have never actually reviewed a person… So how do I do that?

Well, let’s see, for one False Writer certainly had my interest just by his curious title, which definitely made my interest peak. When I finally decided to watch this False Writer, I learned that he was indeed a really interesting individual with a great character arc that you could relate to, especially because he is such a down to earth person. And despite of the name, there is absolutely nothing false about his writing, that’s for sure, you feel his personality instantly and can’t help but feel fascinated by the evolution of his character over time. I will say that, inside this odd alternative world of reality, called MoFo, he is definitely someone who looks to belong here and wants to make it a better place for everyone as well.

I feel like the story of this False Writer had a great introduction, where he made many threads with great and fun discussion in them, which helped us buy into his character and feel connected to what was happening. Then it felt like everything kept on building towards a climax, which happened with his Top 100 Favorite films list – an accomplishment I have yet to accomplish myself. But I quickly realized this was far from the end of our character, because he continued to evolve, and recently he has been actively fighting for a better fundament of joined movie discussions, coming up with rules and regulations on how to strengthen our community and knowledge of each other’s taste in film. He did that with the ‘Movie of the Month’ concept, which has been a really interesting idea, with some great writing in them, which helps us understand things better.

For now, I leave this False Writer open for interpretation, because you really have no idea what will happen next. False Writer, you definitely deserve this award despite a strong field of nominees and I hope you will continue to be an important part of this place because you most certainly belong here.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give False Writer a final verdict of
and with a great interest in revisiting this character over and over again, because whatever he will do next, I will be following, absorbing and learning from.

Thank you for being awesome,
- MM (and the rest of MoFo)

Congrats, False Writer. But I voted for my new fave, SilentVamp.

Wake me up when it's my turn.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

There are many factors that can go into the making of a great thread. Imagination, creativity, a personal touch, hard work, and the acceptance of great responsibility are all necessary ingredients for generating interest and participation. We are fortunate to have these traits in abundance on this forum.

The nominees for best thread are.....

The MoFo Chill Club
(Created by rauldc14)

Music Reviews Whenever I Feel Like It by the Bay
(Created by Swan)

Slasher Hall of Fame
(Created by jiraffejustin)

The MoFo Top 100 of the 60's: Countdown
(Created by Daniel M)

We're Sorry You Lost Your Finger, Powdered Water!
(Created by Sexy Celebrity)

And the Mofie goes to.....

All the fun and formality apart, I would also like to wish a more simple thanks here in the comments to FW!

And to all the other nominees, you are all extremely awesome and I think this must have been a tight competition.

The MoFo Top 100 of the 60's: Countdown
(Created by Daniel M)

Congratulations to Daniel M, and thanks again from all of us for the wonderful job you did!

I disagree entirely with that result -- my thread was far better. '60s Countdown was boring.