Ferrari 2023 (Michael Mann)

Tools    

Without clicking on it, presumably that’s Shailene?

Ill see this because Michael Manns the man. I like how they changed Adam Drivers look. Im not a fan of Adam Driver, but great Directors can easily carry bad talent.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Adam Driver is perfectly cast here. Get it? DRIVER.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Adam Driver is perfectly cast here. Get it? DRIVER.

My brother made that joke 20 minutes ago. Evidence that Adam Driver WILL hospitalize somebody for it eventually.

Ill see this because Michael Manns the man. I like how they changed Adam Drivers look. Im not a fan of Adam Driver, but great Directors can easily carry bad talent.
Driver is very talented.

Driver is very talented.
I know, I've just had some chip on my shoulder against him since being introduced to him thru Star Wars. Worst. Villain. Ever. Darth Maul, Darth Vader, and then he comes in looking like Big Helmet from Spaceballs.

I know, I've just had some chip on my shoulder against him since being introduced to him thru Star Wars. Worst. Villain. Ever. Darth Maul, Darth Vader, and then he comes in looking like Big Helmet from Spaceballs.
I don’t watch movies like Star Wars, but I take your point.

How did everyone who’s seen it feel about it? I thought Cruz was fantastic, however I was really baffled by the mix of Americans speaking English and then people speaking English with… a very strong Italian accent to sound Italian…

This is apparently what we do in the age of AI and the tower of Babylon as that was also the case with the Russians in the latest Mission Impossible (they spoke heavily accented English when surrounded by other Russians only while on their own ship?!). That really perplexes me, I do understand the rationale insofar as it makes everything feel more ‘authentic’, but come on. Cruz’ accent really contrasted with the Shailene Woodley’s, which given they are both meant to be Italian really threw me out of the story.

This distracted me so much I haven’t even formed much of a view on the film itself. The
WARNING: spoilers below
moment where the car crashed into the spectators was very well done
, but other than that, it all seemed a bit flat.

Definitely flawed here and there; accent issues and Adams young hands (nitpicking) but overall very enjoyable good-looking bio pic. Penelope Cruz deserved a supporting actress nomination imo.
+

How did everyone who’s seen it feel about it? I thought Cruz was fantastic, however I was really baffled by the mix of Americans speaking English and then people speaking English with… a very strong Italian accent to sound Italian…

It was Mann's best film in like 20 years...the Narative was a little sloppy could have been tightened up a bit. However I did enjoy the film and didn't know where they were going with it for the majority of the film which is a rarity.

The cover of the book showed a mid-30's Enzo Ferrari in a crowd and the man standing in front of him had the back of this head to the camera giving the impression his face was buried in Enzo's crotch. I immediately thought I don't want to see this movie.

I tried to find this dust cover on Google but no luck.