Reading Tab

Tools    

I'm almost done reading The Metaphysical Club, by Louis Menand and recently started going through Owarashi Michi no Shirube ni (Sign at the End of the Road), by Kobo Abe. I've been slowly making my way through several novels lately: The Bourne Supremacy, West of Eden (Harry Harrison) and The Wasp Factory (Iain Banks). West of Eden is pretty good, one of the better science fiction novels I've read in the last two or so years.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Angels & Demons, by Dan Brown. It's no DaVinci Code.
The Demon-Haunted World, by Carl Sagan. hmm... Seems like he's throwing the baby out with the bathwater a bit, like science has somehow been perfected and finished discovering all there is to know... Interesting reading, though.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Ok, since June

The Subtle Knife - Philip Pullman

The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown

Herland - Charlotte Perkins Gillman

The Long Way Round - Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman

A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burges

Dead Air - Ian Banks

Shout! (Beatles Biography) - Philip Norman

With Nails - the film journals of actor Richard E. Grant

I started reading this last night and have already laughed so hard at little comments he makes that I dare not drink while reading. It's also already made me cry, the bastard. 20 pages in: he's the LeStat of the film world.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
The Demon-Haunted World, by Carl Sagan. hmm... Seems like he's throwing the baby out with the bathwater a bit, like science has somehow been perfected and finished discovering all there is to know... Interesting reading, though.
Hmm, I read this, and I got a totally different vibe, as if he was finally giving credence to things like intuition etc. One of my favorite Sagan books, to be sure.

Originally Posted by Sedai
Hmm, I read this, and I got a totally different vibe, as if he was finally giving credence to things like intuition etc. One of my favorite Sagan books, to be sure.
Well, you've just inspired me to keep reading. I am clearly getting a wrong impression at the point where I am. You're the second person whose opinion on these things I respect who has said that. I'll get back to it.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
just finished The Lione the witch and the wardrobe, very good but i prefered the magicians nephew

am also reading farenheit 666 by andrew harman

alias smith and jones...the story of two pretty good bad men by sandra sagala and joanne bagwell...

interesting book regarding the tv show...everything you wanted to know about the episodes and its stars namely the late peter duel, ben murphy and roger davis...

good read for anyone interested in the western series

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
just finished The Lione the witch and the wardrobe, very good but i prefered the magicians nephew
I just finished The Magicians Nephew and i absoloutly loved it! Was really impressed by it actually. I had no idea they would be so...funny. And you get to find out where the lampost and the wardrobe comes from!

You ready? You look ready.
The Communist Manifesto and Atheism: The Case Against God should be in anytime next week. I can hardly wait.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I See You When You're Sleeping
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I just finished The Magicians Nephew and i absoloutly loved it! Was really impressed by it actually. I had no idea they would be so...funny. And you get to find out where the lampost and the wardrobe comes from!
Originally Posted by bJohn McClane
The Communist Manifesto and Atheism: The Case Against God should be in anytime next week. I can hardly wait.!
How's that for a difference?

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by MinionTV
That's for bedtime.
Ah yes, I can remember grabbing The Communist Manifesto and getting my dad to read it to me. Yup, those were the days.

Just finished - Smoke and mirrors- Neil Gaiman
Without Blood - Alessandro Baricco

Just started - Eichmann and the holocaust - Hannah Arendt
The boy who killed pigs - Tom Baker