Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Suggestions:

Place a hot or cold compress (depending on the environment: if it's hot use cold, if it's cold use hot) over your eyes and lay down in a darkened & quiet room for a half hour and practice deep breathing. A moistened wash rag placed in either the freezer or microwave works well - just be careful with heating it.

Rub Ben-Gay or similar mentholated ointment on the back & sides of your neck and (here's the kicker...) on your temples. Slowly massage it into your temples. Since this is near your face be very careful not to get the ointment in your eyes (you may experience some eye watering from the menthol fumes regardless). Again, lie down in a dark, quiet room for a while.

Try laying down with your neck & shoulders on a heating pad (do not combine this treatment with any ointments!)

Use one hand to massage the space between your thumb & forefinger on your other hand - then alternate hands. Practice deep breathing simultaneously.

Eat some almonds if you have any.

Dissolve two aspirin in a cup of hot tea and sip till finished while breathing in the steam from the cup, then lay down and try any of these other suggestions (most of which can be combined for a multi-pronged approach).
Terrific helpful post. Excellent. Why almonds?

Terrific helpful post. Excellent. Why almonds?
I've read that almonds have something in them that helps make headaches go away.
I rarely get headaches myself, so I can't say I've tried the almond cure.

I've read that almonds have something in them that helps make headaches go away.
I rarely get headaches myself, so I can't say I've tried the almond cure.

Thanks!

We had a bad storm yesterday with high winds that knocked out power to my neighborhood at around 2:00 p.m. yesterday. We were still without power when I left for work this morning. I haven't been home yet, but according to the power company's website, my street is still experiencing an outage and they have no estimate for when it will be restored. Fingers crossed it gets fixed soon. I've got insulin and a lot of food that needs to be kept cold.

We had a bad storm yesterday with high winds that knocked out power to my neighborhood at around 2:00 p.m. yesterday. We were still without power when I left for work this morning. I haven't been home yet, but according to the power company's website, my street is still experiencing an outage and they have no estimate for when it will be restored. Fingers crossed it gets fixed soon. I've got insulin and a lot of food that needs to be kept cold.

We lost power for five days a couple years ago from a major storm. Middle of summer with temps in the 90's. We lost most of the food in the fridge but managed to keep our frozen stuff good by buying bags of ice from the liquor store and packing the freezer.

Are things better today for you?

Are things better today for you?
Fortunately the power came back on at around 8:30 that night and has stayed on. Everything in the fridge seems okay. I live in an older neighborhood and we lose power pretty frequently when it storms, but usually the power is only out for a few hours.

Having money..

I spend all my time wanting money and then when I get it, I get a bit stressed, I make bad decisions, I can't sit down, I don't relax, just sometimes wished we all lived in the woods and hunted and forage for berries etc

Having money..

I spend all my time wanting money and then when I get it, I get a bit stressed, I make bad decisions, I can't sit down, I don't relax, just sometimes wished we all lived in the woods and hunted and forage for berries etc
I love money.

We haven't had a winter this year. I think we've had 8 days with high temps below freezing and 6 of those days were so cold, highs of like 1 or 2 Fahrenheit, that going outside to do anything was a bit of a drag. It's been so warm that the daffodil's started poking through about a week and tornado touched down two nights ago. First Feb. tornado ever for the state.

You ready? You look ready.
when dog towels turn to dust from age and then your next load doesn’t dry at all because the dust bypasses your filter and clogs up the wall outlet, but you don’t realize it til after running a full cycle

You ready? You look ready.
i need to stop taking shots every time i hear her name. that was only acceptable during the super bowl. i'll be lucky if my liver makes it a week
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

when everyone posting about taylor swift everywhere ugh
You’re in Oz. Imagine how much coverage we get here in the States.