The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Will we be seeing people's lists?
Not until after the entire top hundred has been revealed. Which, as you can see, takes a while. At that time, everybody is free to share all of their choices, and we often do. But please do not do so until we reach number one. Many weeks from now.

One detail I accidentally omitted on the first page (now edited to include it) is how many films, total, received votes. You MoFos named a whopping four hundred and twenty-seven different titles. I'm not great at math, but I believe that means three hundred and twenty-seven didn't make the list.

Lots and lots to choose from in a decade, and it seems like we named a damn good chunk of 'em.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	film.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	16371  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I watched Being There a few months ago and I thought it was good, glad to see it here. Not on my list, though. Haven't seen Fantastic Planet.

I liked Being there, but it was a disappointment for me. I liked some of Ashby's other movies much more. I am a little surprised it's this low on the list; I thought it could threaten top 50.

Fantastic Planet was a good surprise for me. It's something I normally wouldn't watch, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. I didn't vote for it, but I'm glad it made it.

I watched Logan's Run and thought it was ok. I'm not the best reporter as I'm not normally much of a fan of that type of Sci-Fi.

Unregistered User
I was sure Being There would be higher, i had it 14th. Still not seen Fantastic Planet but i'll check it out asap.

I had Being There at #24. But those two points were the difference in it not making the list at all! Four movies in and I've got two already. I've never seen Fantastic Planet, but I'll make sure I change that soon.

The Omen was one film on my list, so I fear for quite a lot of films on my list if The Omen only made it to 99. I think at least 11 on my list will not make it at all.

The Omen, one of the first horror films I was allowed to watch as a child and my Mum freaking me out playing the record/vinyl music score she had(now mine) out loud.

Nice start.

Exterminate all rational thought.
Damn! I expected this to kick off on Monday! I didn't get to log in yesterday because some jack ass stole the wheels off my wife's car and that was an all day ordeal.

Anyhoo, nice start. The Omen is awesome and I'm surprised it's not higher. Logan's Run was good too, I would not have expected it to make the list though, so nice surprise there. Have not seen the other two. Glad to see this thing kick off!

Fantastic Planet was the subject of this May's Movie Club Movie Forums Podcast.

http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=35814

That may have been perfect timing to raise its profile and appreciation here on the site a bit, just in time for voting on the '70s list? Only four ballots had Fantastic Planet on them, but for three of you, it was a top ten choice, which got it onto the bottom of the list.

The Omen was one film on my list, so I fear for quite a lot of films on my list if The Omen only made it to 99. I think at least 11 on my list will not make it at all.
You never can tell. The Omen doesn't get the love it should, and certainly isn't as beloved by most as it is by me. These last two movies are far less well known to the general public, but look, they both made it. Being There I would have figured as the second least likely movie from my list to make it, and now that it has, I'm pretty sure all but one of my choices will make the final 100. And I can't decide if that's a good thing or not.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Fantastic Planet is

A little too overhyped, but without a doubt interesting.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I knew it would make the list because of it's showing in the Film Of The Month club, but I'm really pleased to see it so low. For all of you who are about to run off and watch Fantastic Planet, I hope you enjoy it. I didn't. As for people saying the animation was great. Really? I thought it looked horrible.

Being There is a wonderful little film. I'm actually quite surprised, but pleasantly so, to see it make the list. I put it out there as one to check out if you hadn't, so I hope a few people who hadn't seen it managed to.

Neither of these were on my list.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I knew it would make the list because of it's showing in the Film Of The Month club, but I'm really pleased to see it so low. For all of you who are about to run off and watch Fantastic Planet, I hope you enjoy it. I didn't. As for people saying the animation was great. Really? I thought it looked horrible.
This is a typical HK response