The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I find it funny that people are STILL doubting how good this film could very well be. Everyone was complaining when Heath Ledger was picked to play the joker, and now he's become an icon, and I don't doubt that this one will be as original and memorable.

I've always loved Catwoman, by the way. She's like a moral test for Batman, if you think about it. She's a criminal, but there's insane amounts of sexual tension between the two. Tim Burton played it pretty kinky, so I do wonder how Nolan will do it.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Beware The Probe!
Well half of this sucks ):

Glad they are going for somebody physically superior to Batman with Bane, though. A bit disappointed in Nolan right now tbh
One of my favourite moments in the Superman animated series was the Batman/Bane fight where Superman was secretly in disguise as Batman while he was away.
Bane didn't know what hit him.

It will be hard to top the amount of buzz and iconography of the Joker.

...uh the post is up there...

He has earned the benefit of the doubt but I think this is an exception. I'm starting to think that my initial suspicious about this film are slowly being confirmed: I don't think Nolan wants to really do this film. Sounds like an obligation to me just going by the stuff I have been reading. I was soo convinced that Nolan would never use Catwoman that I simply brushed off all these 'Nolan looking for a female lead' stuff. I didnt even once consider it a possibility. Seriously. I would have betted crapload of money that Nolan wouldn't have used Catwoman.

I do think he can reimagine it, definitinely...but there are crap loads of other more interesting and underexplored characters that can be reinterpretated? Just reading about this Hugo Strange business sounded right up Nolan's ally. I know I may have sounded and bit harsh in my previous post and it was a bit of a knee jerk reaction i'll admit, but I won't be surprised if this the first Nolan film that doesn't turn out to be be less than good.

Hopefully I will feel better about this tomorrow
That's a fair observation. And I actually think you're right in that, while Nolan has earned the benefit of the doubt, that probably only applies to films he's genuinely engaged by. I dunno if I'd go as far as to say he doesn't want to make this film, but I would have no trouble believing that he feels he has to make it a little sooner than he'd like, perhaps.

One thing to keep in mind is that Nolan said, from the beginning, that he envisioned the film as a trilogy, yes? So we know he wants to make this film on some level, though it's possible he wanted to take a bit more time on it. I guess we'll see, though I'm still ridiculously excited and I'll pounce all over every bit of news and probably faint during the first trailer.

A system of cells interlinked
I find it funny that people are STILL doubting how good this film could very well be. Everyone was complaining when Heath Ledger was picked to play the joker, and now he's become an icon, and I don't doubt that this one will be as original and memorable.

I've always loved Catwoman, by the way. She's like a moral test for Batman, if you think about it. She's a criminal, but there's insane amounts of sexual tension between the two. Tim Burton played it pretty kinky, so I do wonder how Nolan will do it.
Nolan will nail it - the dude is just on FIRE right now. I also like Catwoman a whole lot.

I am more curious about Bane.. I wonder how he'll get picturized.

& I think Nolan has taken this up as a challenge.. Honestly any other villain would have been ended up being similar to what is already done.. Bane hasn't been done right before, he was just shown as a zombie.. same thing about Selina Kyle..

Hugo Strange would have made a terrific villain, but like Usual pointed it out earlier.. it was kind of obvious Strange was never going to be in the movie after he was revealed as the game's villain.. But even with Strange appearing in the movie, it doesn't bring in a challenging plot like what we can expect here...

This is definitely a good challenge, I am almost certain Nolan wont disappoint.
I am just excited to see what Nolan can do with these characters...
That's the best part about Nolan's Batman movies.. the characters right from the look, costume & casting have always been odd & fascinating.

So Ledger had Sid Vicious as a inspiration for Joker, I am sure Tom Hardy is planning to take a lot of drugs with Charlie Sheen.

"Live forever or die trying"
Im still with the Bane comment from earlier 7thson said. Need to see Banes in correct fashion, not all half-assed and stuff.

That's a fair observation. And I actually think you're right in that, while Nolan has earned the benefit of the doubt, that probably only applies to films he's genuinely engaged by. I dunno if I'd go as far as to say he doesn't want to make this film, but I would have no trouble believing that he feels he has to make it a little sooner than he'd like, perhaps.

Yeah I definitely think that he ideally would have preferred to tackle something else before taking on the last installment. I think I went a bit overboard in my last post, I was just bummed about the Catwoman thing. I still think it's a bit of a mistake to even go there, but hopefully I am wrong and this turns out to be the best thing since slice bread.

One thing to keep in mind is that Nolan said, from the beginning, that he envisioned the film as a trilogy, yes? So we know he wants to make this film on some level, though it's possible he wanted to take a bit more time on it. I guess we'll see, though I'm still ridiculously excited and I'll pounce all over every bit of news and probably faint during the first trailer.
Yeah, I think he knows what he can do with it, but it's more of a case of is this a priority for him now that I think of it...eh, who knows. The only thing that can almost completely redeem the Catwoman business is him and Wally Pfister shooting all or a majority of it on IMAX, which I think MIGHT happnen. Otherwise i'm still somewhat bummed. I will probably change my tune once the virals start rolling in though

Semper Fooey
Bane bad idea. Should be...

But honestly I am not sure about the Catwoman thing yet...
Could just be a character named Selina Kyle who likes cats & shoplifts. lets not jump to any conclusion here. I think the studios are trying to be smart by mentioning only Selina.

Then again they might not want to put off people by mentioning "Catwoman". Especially after the mess that Halle Berry starred in.

I'll reserve my views on that for a while.

Bane, done more in a realistic sense could be very disturbing. I still can't quite picture Catwoman in the Nolanverse, the cartoonish acrobatics and theatrics and what not.

Semper Fooey
Bane, done more in a realistic sense could be very disturbing. I still can't quite picture Catwoman in the Nolanverse, the cartoonish acrobatics and theatrics and what not.
She did that in Batman Returns. She didn't jump around in the Golden Age. What you Catwoman haters are forgetting is there already has been a realistic version of Catwoman, in her very first appearance in Batman 1, when she was called only the Cat and had no disquise whatsoever.

Nolan reinvented the Joker, he'll do the same here. Why don't you all wait untill the movie comes out?

Yeah Bane could certainly interesting. A guy who is more intelligent and more powerful than Batman and has his own psychological issues is something I think will work well here. Excited about the possibilities of the character and Hardy's performance.

g_p was right all along. Catwoman it is.

Even if I would have prefer lolcatwoman instead.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
If they have to have Catwoman (and I don't have a problem with it), I think that Anne Hathaway is a good choice, especially since she seems comparable now to what Michelle Pfeiffer was doing twenty years ago. I mean, she's VERY attractive.

Semper Fooey
Batman solves this short whodunit, apprehends the crooks, and begins his long-time romance with Catwoman.

She’s already hard at work seducing him and she’s just met him! It was love at first sight for the bat and the cat.

First appearance and those of us who have seen the 1960s TV series will recognize the dialogue in the last panels as Julie Newmar and Adam West had a similar exchange at the end of two episodes.