The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Tools    

WARNING: "Age of Ultron" spoilers below
It's been revealed that the character of Wanda Maximoff/ Scarlet Witch will be in Captain America Civil War.

ADMIN EDIT: obviously, revealing that a character is in an upcoming movie means they can't die before that, thus making it a spoiler, which means it needs to be wrapped in spoiler tags.

As we all know (or shall I say those who actually keep up with the latest info knows) that Avengers: Age of Ultron has no post-credits scene whatsoever.

Although, you can expect a mid-credits scene. It has leaked online by an instagrammer before it got pulled a few days later. In case you can't stay during the credits for some reason you may want to read the following....

WARNING: "Avengers: Age of Ultron" spoilers below
The clip starts off with the opening of an elaborate safe containing the future Infinity Gauntlet. "Fine," bellows Thanos as he slides his left hand into the golden mitt of destruction and comes into frame. "I'll do it myself." The clip ends with its score hitting a tense and stirringly theatrical crescendo, before it cuts to black.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Obviously, revealing that a character is in an upcoming movie means they can't die before that, thus making it a spoiler, which means it needs to be wrapped in spoiler tags.
Whoops. My bad. Thanks for fixing that.

Avengers: Age of Ultron Plothole to be Fixed By Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

If you saw Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. last week, then you know how it helped set up Avengers: Age of Ultron. There’s a plot hole in the movie that will be filled with a storyline from the show.

For those of you who haven’t seen Age of Ultron yet:

In the film, Nick Fury shows up at Hawkeye’s house to get up to speed on the situation with Ultron. After that scene he’s off to get help, help that eventually comes in the form of a working Helicarrier that was thought to be lost in the HYDRA take over of S.H.I.E.L.D.

During an interview with /Film, Kevin Feige was asked about this part of the movie, and if it’s something that will be addressed on S.H.I.E.L.D., and this was his reply:

“I think it’s fair to say you could fill in some of those blanks in the coming weeks on Tuesday at 9.”
So, to tie both together there’s going to be a storyline in the show where we see:

WARNING: "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" spoilers below
Fury go off and get himself a Helicarrier that brings the Avengers aid as they are trying to save people from being killed by Ultron

There’s no word on when we’ll see that episode, but it could happen anytime now. It will be interesting to see how the events from Age of Ultron impact the show, and how the series could most likely lead us into Captain America: Civil War.

Source: Geektyrant and /Film

A system of cells interlinked
Tweens calling Joss Whedon a misogynist?

RIDICULOUS, btw.

Kids these days!

[b][size="4"]
In the film, Nick Fury shows up at Hawkeye’s house to get up to speed on the situation with Ultron. After that scene he’s off to get help, help that eventually comes in the form of a working Helicarrier that was thought to be lost in the HYDRA take over of S.H.I.E.L.D.
This is the kind of nit-picky BS that always gets tossed around with nerds as a "plot hole." IMO, it's not a plot hole, it's a story telling short cut.

WARNING: "Whatever dude" spoilers below
Clearly there's been some time elapsed since Winter Soldier. Clearly Fury still has connections. Why is his showing up in the nick (Har har har!) of time with the carrier a plot hole?

It's as ridiculous as people saying Bruce Wayne getting back into Gotham at the end of The Dark Knight Rises is a plot hole. It's not.

Nerds are way too picky and nit-picking isn't film criticism.

Welcome to the human race...
Tweens calling Joss Whedon a misogynist?

RIDICULOUS, btw.

Kids these days!
So what's your point?

I presume Sedai's point was that tweens calling Joss Whedon a misogynist is ridiculous.
The joke is that I didn't exactly consider it a valid point so I asked "what's the point?" to illustrate that.

So Hi there I just want to talk about some stuff I hope this is the right post, I check others but they were talking about the money.

WARNING: "Spoilers of the Avengers and Wine-man" spoilers below
So I don't think this is spoiler but whatever. In this movie Quicksilver is a russian MUTANT, I hate they can't say that word and that they call them "altered", along with his sister but in X-Men there was the same Quicksilver but in USA wtf? Can someone explain to me that? I read that Quicksilver is really from Russia (or whatever that country is called) but in X-Men Days from the Future Past he lives with his mom there in USA I don't get it and I said it twice. The second think I wanna talk about is the fact that Stan Lee is a "genius" BUT HE F*CKING STEAL A NORDIC GOD AND USE IT LIKE HIS OWN CREATION. I mean come on the Avengers are getting a lot of money to Marvel and now f*cking Disney too and the little children knows them like a freaking hero too!! I hate this generation, I guess that when my little cousin is 30 he will look in 9gag: "Oh look Steve check this out, you see Thor the superhero? it's based on a Nordic God! I didn't knew that. I mean there is no religions of the Nordic Gods I get it but I don't know if the Catholicism disappears it's not a freaking reason to turn Jesus into Wine-man!! Using Death in comics like a character is understandable but get money from a comic based on a real legend it's not wrong but like I don't even know tho. Hope someone reply something about.

The fact that there are two different Quicksilvers can be explained away by either the fact that the current X-Men continuity takes place in a different universe to the MCU - keep in mind that the scenes involving Quicksilver in DoFP take place during the 1970s so if Age of Ultron takes place in the present day, then that would put the character in his fifties at least.

Also, Stan Lee is considered a genius for inventing a whole bunch of other characters that weren't based on Norse mythology, besides which there is a significant enough change to the Asgardians' origins that it qualifies as a sufficiently original variation on the existing mythology. Also, how is your little cousin going to make it to 30 before learning that Thor the Avenger is based off Thor the Norse God of Thunder?

Quicksilver is a mutant character by Marvel, tied to the X-Men universe whose rights are held by 20th Century Fox. But since Quicksilver and his sister the Scarlet Witch also have ties to the Avengers (presented in the MCU) Whedon's Quicksilver has to be different. Can't use the word mutant since that is a 20th century property word I am sure. So they make him altered, and hint at ties to the Inhumans (which looks like MCU is going to us that as the answer to mutants). I am afraid movie rights issues are the main reason for there being two Quicksilvers.

The joke is that I didn't exactly consider it a valid point so I asked "what's the point?" to illustrate that.
Moving long winded response to new thread, don't feel obligated to reply:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...62#post1315662