Heath Ledger Found Dead in NYC Apartment

Tools    

Save the drama for your Mama
He was so young and possessed tremendous talent. So terribly sad and shocking to see such promise cut short.

His Father has talked to the media here on behalf of the Family, the family think it is an accident. He was apparently recovering from pneumonia. I have never even seen anything written about any drug problems
It has been a big shock to me very sad

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I am so shocked, I didn't even believe this was true at first. He was such a good actor and so young, it is really sad.

Yes, this is very shocking for me as well. I never heard any problem related with him previously.

Beware The Probe!
I couldn't believe it when I heard this at work today.
A truely sad loss.

They're now saying he had mentioned in a recent interview how disturbed he was by his Joker role's 'demonic' personality and was sleeping only 2 hours a night so he was on heavy sleeping pills.

If that's the case, I wonder how the Batman movie will be recieved when it comes out. It would definately take away some of the enjoyment for the story. I was hoping to escape in the fantasy of the Batman world for 2 hours but now this will be playing in the back of my mind throughout the film.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I got a phone call about this last night from someone who was almost in tears...

Sad news indeed.

Lets put a smile on that block
I was thinking the same thing. I'd imagine the performance will take on a whole new vibe now. Though it may seem flippant, I can't help but wonder how that'll end up affecting the film, if at all.
Yeah i was thinking this as well. No matter which way you look at it, before the film has even been released his performance has totally changed from however he intended to play it. Being what the character of the joker is like - mad, cruel and tormented, it will be very hard to watch the film without reading anything into the performance.

But it will certainly make the film more popular.

I saw the news on the net and he was really a great lost.. a very talented actor of Broke Back Mountain.. RIP ..

I didn't even believe this was true at first.
Me either! I was at school and I went to foxnews.com during my break because it was in the browser - I never go to this website, normally - and it said "HEATH LEDGER FOUND DEAD" and I thought I had gone to a joke website, like The Onion. I looked at the other articles and they all looked serious. Then, my jaw dropped and I lost my breath.

My partner went to a friend's blog and found out. It had a picture of Heath Ledger and was talking about him being dead. He expected the picture to turn into The Joker and start laughing - he thought it was all a joke.

Being what the character of the joker is like - mad, cruel and tormented, it will be very hard to watch the film without reading anything into the performance.
I still don't think it beats Aaliyah, the singer who died in a plane crash back in 2001, portraying an undead vampire in Queen of the Damned, which was released a few months after her death.

Very sad news.

Dying at only 28 years young, I can't help but think of all the great performances that could have (and probably would have) been. He was one of today's most talented actors.

A promising actor and a life cut short. I feel sad, especially for his 2-year old daughter.

Put me in your pocket...
He looks spooky in that Joker makeup for The Dark Knight... this is going to make seeing that movie even spookier.

R.I.P.

I was thinking the same thing. Heath does look pretty frightening. Once the movie comes out...watching him in that role will be a little bittersweet and sad.

It's all so terribly sad. Rest in Peace Heath.

Shocking! I couldn't believe my eyes when I was reading the breaking news on lMDB this evening. It's a great shame,dying at such an early age.I like this actor,and once gave an introduction before classes on his film Brokeback Mountain,a film about the circumscription of dreams,about how fate and our choices make the life we have much smaller than the one we had hoped for.My very memory of him goes back to the film A Knight's Tale,from which I learned about the poet Chaucer.
He went through some difficult times in his career,but he turned it around eventually.
I feel very sad about him and especially for his daughter.
C'est la vie.

WTF? Are you trying to outdo meatwadsprite for stupidity (please let's not get into that ugly contest)? Ken Watanabe is most definitely alive and well, and the three movies he's made since Batman Begins, including starring in Clint Eastwood's lauded Letters from Iwo Jima, would seem to make that obvious. And yet...
I'm sorry. I thought that he died during production of the last film. I didn't really mean to sound like a jer, I guess that was a bad rumor.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

You didn't see Ken Watanabe go Oscar-worthy in Letters From Iwo Jima? I certainly accept your post as a flub, but just remember that when you post here, you're basically a publisher, and you really want to only publish facts. If you don't have your facts straight, don't "publish".

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I find Thursday's last post to be a better tribute than words. We really have no words because we know nothing. Yet, we can share our love for the person here.