R.I.P. William Hurt

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I always considered him a serious actor. So when I saw his comedic turn in I Love You To Death, I was shocked. He was hilarious.

RIP.

Suspect's Reviews

"You know...THE GUY."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Says he died of natural causes surrounded by family.
NY Times says prostate cancer.

In the Body Heat extras, it says these scenes were filmed on intensely cold days. Impressive that one wouldn’t guess from the steaminess of the scenes.

Great actor, steady as a rock, and mastered the "less is more" philosophy of the craft.

The man played Thaddeus Ross too well. I never liked Ross as a character, but William Hurt's portrayal was way to realistic for me to not want to punch him.

I will miss him. I liked him in Smoke, The Accidental Tourist, Children of a Lesser God, and Gorky Park. But my favorite movie of his was his first movie: Altered States. I still watch it every few years.

RIP Mr. Hurt.