Your Favorite Trailer

Tools    

"I can't help it..."
Seeing that the 5th Annual Golden Trailer Awards have just been, I was wondering what people's favorite movie trailers are.
Here are some that I think are quite good:

Charlies Angels: Full Throttle (It actually won an award for Best Action trailer, too bad the film sucked...)

Desperado (Pretty cool music, slick editing)

The Virgin Suicides

Vanilla Sky

And I think, maybe my most favorite trailer would have to be for...

The Thin Red Line (For me this perfect trailer... Which is strange because it is the most quiet out of my list. It has some really beautiful visuals & some finely written dialogue... A trailer that maybe in a way is better than the film.)

Now that I've told you mine... Tell me yours...
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

I am such a dork but I was absolutley addicted to 'The Two Towers' trailer, I mean I would go home and watch every single day, and I did that for three and a half stinkin months. As of late I am pretty pysched over the 'Prisoner of Azkaban' trailer, it makes me almost wish that I hadn't regretted watching the first two. But this is Cuaron- it's different.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Off the top of my head...

Lord of the Rings - all three
Desperado
Braveheart
Pirates of the Caribbean
Edward Scissorhands
Big Fish

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

i like the newer spiderman 2 trailer.

I ate all your bees.
Without a doubt Cliffhanger. Here is a link to it.

The first long-running trailer for the first Spider-Man is one of the best trailers I've seen since I started this site several years ago. The music was flawless, moving seamlessly from fist-pumping beats to an epic choir, each transition matching up with the action shots.

And, of course, it went out with a painfully clever line and excruciatingly perfect look from Tobey Maguire.

Fantastic trailer.

There are those who call me...Tim.
Both Star Wars Prequel Trailers...
After being disapointed by TPM, I saw the trailer again on the site and got excited again when the video was released, then the memories came flooding back
The AOTC one convinced me it was going to be a good film. Oh dear...

Garden State and Star Wars Episode III are the best trailers I think I have seen this year. I have heard a lot of people say they don't like the new SW trailer but BAH on them, you get a glimpse of the Anakin/Obi fight scene what else do you need?

An Original Flavor Formation
One of the hottest trailers a Bamma has peeped in quite some time is for the upcoming "live action" anime styled flick, "Casshern"(2004. dir by Kazuaki Kiriya). I'm feelin' the way they get down with colors, the soft scope feel (Moulin Rouge style) and a big-giant-robo, Dune type funk. Look for an original flavor exposition on Casshern by soulsolid when it touches down on planet earth.

I liked the original Spider-Man trailer with the Bank Heist opening. (Don't hate me for posting that)

Randomly visiting for now
I liked the Garden State trailer too, seemed a really compelling storyline with interesting characters, I haven't seen it yet but we are talking about trailers. I also liked the Star Wars III trailer as well but I wouldn't say it was one of the best.

• The Birds - Hitchcock history lesson
  • Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
  • The Long Goodbye
  • A Boy & His Dog - Sousa flashcuts
  • Monty Python & the Holy Grail - Chinese restaurant
  • Three Days of the Condor
  • Jaws
  • The Kentucky Fried Movie
  • The Blues Brothers
  • Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
  • This Is Spinal Tap - cheese rolling
  • Ghostbusters
  • Rain Man
  • Miller's Crossing
  • Short Cuts
  • The Limey
  • The Minus Man
  • Eyes Wide Shut
  • Requiem for a Dream - teaser
  • O Brother, Where Art Thou?
  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

And on and on and on....
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

could your list BE any bigger?

I have to go with the
."thin red line" trailer, amazingly shot,
. "Return of the king", i need not say more, but I will, Amazing, action packed, anticipation was seeping from the screen, oh it makes me shiver just thinking about it
. " Firelfy - Serenity", saw this recently and my god i cannot wait, the series was amazing but the trailer for the movie looks like the final peice could be out of this world
."Hero", gorgeous colours, amazing fight scenes, camera shots were different class, the colour pallette was amazing, pity the film let the trailer down
."House of flying daggers", again saw this recently,i think the enya track from gladiator made the trailer that wee bit better, but again like hero, amazingly shot, pallette, like nothing iv ever seen, etc
charged the fields at Bannockburn
They fought like warrior poets
They fought like Scotsmen
And won their freedom.

The thing about Jap movies is that when you actually watch it, you don't know what the hell is going on, even with the subtitles.

The annoying thing about trailers is they show you the best parts of the film and make the film look good when it just isn't (the most notoroious examples being the star wars sequels). The only one i've seen recently that has stuck in the memory is the texas chainsaw massacre remake trailer, which made me want to see it and when it came to seeing it, the film wasn't too disapointing

Lets put a smile on that block
I think the new Phantom of the Opera trailer is pretty good. Especially the part with the chandelier and the music *goosebumps*