Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
Glad you liked The General. Sherlock Jr. is an obvious one to watch now.The Goat, Neighbors, One Week, Cops, The Playhouse, and Convict 13 are all really fantastic shorts from the master of silent slapstick as well.

Unregistered User
Glad you liked The General. Sherlock Jr. is an obvious one to watch now.The Goat, Neighbors, One Week, Cops, The Playhouse, and Convict 13 are all really fantastic shorts from the master of silent slapstick as well.
Yeah, im looking forward to watching more.

American Hustle.

I liked it. I don't think it was ever going to win one of the big Oscars, but it's darkly funny in places, well acted, got some nice enough twists, some great seventies style going on.

7/10

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Very, very good movie. Did the backstory extremely well and gave viable and logical explanations as to why the Apes eventually take over the world. The movie did a great job of making us care for the characters and tugged at all the right strings, especially towards the end of the film. Very anticipated for the sequel, though I don't think it'll top this.

9/10

I've heard arguments that the real Woodroof and Rayon weren't like this or didn't say that...well, I don't care.
Glad you loved Dallas Buyers Club. It is a great movie. But just for clarity, there is no real Rayon. Leto's character is completely fictional.

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967)

Definitely not as profound as when it came out, I'm sure, but this was a nice surprise. It's a pretty beautiful and interesting story, with quite a few great performances.

Donnie Darko
Great movie, everything was well thought and the ending was great.

The Butterfly Effect
Another awesome mindf**k movie.

The Lady Vanishes - 7/10

I enjoyed this, it's not as good as his later 60's and 50's films but i liked it alot more than his other 30's movie that i've seen The 39 Steps.

American Hustle - 8/10

Hard Eight

The only reason I got any enjoyment from this is because I could relate to some of the characters and situations, and the twist was good. The twist answered a big question I had, and saved this film from being awful. It was still a pretty bland movie with other problems. I really like the cast, yet nobody stood out. There was some good camera work, but this is definitely Paul Thomas Anderson's worst film. It was his first, so he's excused. It actually seemed like a bad David Mamet movie.

But just for clarity, there is no real Rayon. Leto's character is completely fictional.
Thanks, Miss Vicky, but to clarify what I meant, all I care about is what the actors did with what was written, whether it was completely fictional, half-factual or whatever. Whenever I see "based" on a true story, I know that I'm not getting it exactly as it happened it real life and I'm okay with that.

Ddongpari (2008) - 8-/10
Upstream color (2013) - 9/10
Miss Bala (2011) - 9/10

Finished here. It's been fun.

Double Indemnity
Phenomenal piece of film-noir. One of the best I've ever seen honestly. This Billy Wilder is not a great filmmaker, he's a master filmmaker.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Very, very good movie. Did the backstory extremely well and gave viable and logical explanations as to why the Apes eventually take over the world. The movie did a great job of making us care for the characters and tugged at all the right strings, especially towards the end of the film. Very anticipated for the sequel, though I don't think it'll top this.

9/10
Couldn't get into this movie I liked the original a lot and I found this did not do it justice

Big Bad Wolves

This was my first Israeli movie, and I hated it. There was absolutely nothing I liked about this turd. Despite the subject matter, it was not disturbing, has zero atmosphere, no good camera work or dialogue, and very mediocre acting. It is also unoriginal, silly, boring, and it sucks.

Really not my kind of film. Great performance by George C. Scott though, and the ending was pretty fun to watch too. I do get the message Kubrick was trying to send, but I don't think I would rewatch this again.

Couldn't get into this movie I liked the original a lot and I found this did not do it justice
I've never seen an Apes movie before which is probably why I enjoyed this one so much.