What's your fave movie?

Tools    

umm either Gladiator, 13 going on 30 or Whats eating gilbert grape

Hmmmmm... I would have to say:
Kill Bill Saga
and Terminator 2

I dont think of it terms of my favorite movie, but more in terms of what movies Im willing to buy. I just bought Storm of the Century which is a 4hr (or so) SK movie. I have every intention of getting Rose Red in the near future. Im currently also enjoying the Kingdom Hospital season DVDs that SK directs but didnt write. Disturbing. Highly disturbing. Other than that, here are some titles, in no particular order.

Dune (David Lynch version)
28 Days Later
Resident Evil (I expect to add Apocaypse to the list as soon as I see it.)
The Patriot (mel gibson's)
The Matrix
Red Dawn

Mini-series:

The Shining
Dune
Kingdom Come

TV Series:

Alias

Originally Posted by Tacitus
Good choice

Arresting your development

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Wow, we have a lot of the same tastes in movies. My all time, all around favorite movie is American Beauty. It totally delivers on all catagories of goodness.

The Breakfast club is my favorite movie of all time. i fell in love with judd nelson in that movie. of course now that he's in his mid 40's, i don't go crazy over him

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by bluntbabe
The Breakfast club is my favorite movie of all time. i fell in love with judd nelson in that movie. of course now that he's in his mid 40's, i don't go crazy over him
Judd Nelson is harsh.

Welcome to the human race...
I can name a few favourites...

The Usual Suspects (dir. Bryan Singer, 1995)
Reservoir Dogs (dir. Quentin Tarantino, 1992)
Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (dir. Stanley Kubrick, 1964)
The Boondock Saints (dir. Troy Duffy, 1999)
Pulp Fiction (dir. Quentin Tarantino, 1994)
Ed Wood (dir. Tim Burton, 1994)
Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (dir. Irvin Kerschner (sp.), 1980)
Shaun of the Dead (dir. Edgar Wright, 2004)
Once Upon A Time in Mexico (dir. Robert Rodriguez, 2003)
The Deer Hunter (dir. Michael Cimino, 1978)

That's msot of them anyway.

Mack, RED DAWN?!! Of course you're completely entitled to your opinion but please tell me that was a joke. Please. Red dawn is my all time most hated movie, its awful!

Mine in no particular order:

Pulp Fiction (1994)
The Godfather pts. 1&2 (1972 & 1974)
Once Upon a time in America (1984)
Carlitos way (1993)
City Of God (2003)
Taxi Driver (1975)
The Deer hunter (1978)
Platoon (1986)
Some like it hot (1959)
The 39 Steps (1939)
The Third man (1949)
A Clockwork Orange (1971)
Jason and the Argonauts (1963)
One flew over the cuckoo's nest (1975)
The last metro (1981)

well, this is my 1st post, so good for me, in regards to previous posts:

Nightmare Before Christmas is an excellent film by Tim Burton, one of his better films, i mean i detested his version of 'planet of the apes', why burton, why?

kill bill vol.s 1& 2 are both excellent....and u find out the bride's name in a flashback scene, but not a wedding scene

many of my fave films include johnny depp: ed wood, benny & joon, pirates, etc

some of my fave comedies are : Rushmore, Snatch, The Royal Tenenbaums, and Boondock Saints

i also love many disney films, that inner child refusing too stay down, such as Little Mermaid, Alice in Wonderland, and Mulan

and who does not love the shrek movies?

also harry potter 1& 2 are excellent, but 3 i found disappointing

i am sorry if my post is longwinded, but who has only one fave?

hugs, kate

Originally Posted by Rjoepenk
Mack, RED DAWN?!! Of course you're completely entitled to your opinion but please tell me that was a joke. Please. Red dawn is my all time most hated movie, its awful!
Youre a volatile one, arent you? Welcome to MoFo, if I havent already welcomed you, and yes, I do classify Red Dawn in my list of favs.

I have seen that movie countless times, and while yes, it is an older film, it was a staple film in my VHS collection, and one day before death, hopefully, I will own it on DVD. There are quite a few more "older" films that I have a fondness for, and as soon as I can remember their names, Ill add them to my list to further your incredulity.

So why didnt you like it?

Naturally there are tons and tons of movies that I love to death and will always feel a need to review them from time to time but my favorite movie of them all is definately the original Dawn of The Dead. That's just such a great movie. It totally kills the remake and it's a funny thought because it was made before it! I want to get the new DVD coming out. It's just absolutely unbelievable. Four-discs. I hope it has all the footage ever shot that's film-worth for the movie. It also comes with Document of the Dead.

that new DVD came out like 3 weeks after i bought Dawn of the Dead on the plain DVD and now i dont want to dish out the $40 to buy this one.

You ready? You look ready.
I have a tie for my favorite movie now. The Last Boy Scout and Die Hard.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I sure as hell am volatile when it comes to the subject of Red dawn! It was one of those movies where it should be funny because it's so bad, but doesn't even accomplish that. I just thought it was ridiculous that there were 15 year olds taking out entire squadrons of professional soldiers. I would have gladly mailed you my DVD, but i went out as soon as i finished watching it and tried to get a refund (I failed to decieve, it must have hapened before). I traded it in at game the first chance I got. By the way I don't care that Red Dawn was an 'old' film, take a look at my list. I love old movies but GOOD ones. Well, at least you have a quote from Jackie Gleason as your signature

Good Call. Great Movie. Great Director.

i messed that up sorry. i was trying to respond to a post about Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind but i compleatly screwed this up.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by DnyDko
i messed that up sorry. i was trying to respond to a post about Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind but i compleatly screwed this up.

That is what the edit feature is for! Welcome to MoFo