Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.

. Not really my thing but I definitely do respect the film. It's visual style is extremely unique and surreal, and it's influence is seen in soooo many films today including Lynch and Burton.It's obviously dated, but it's still worth checking out if you are interested in the history of cinema and maybe want to check out some silent classics.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I'm pretty sure that was the first silent movie I ever saw. I liked it and appreciated even more on subsequent viewings.

How would that compare to the first film for you? I quite enjoyed the first (somewhere between a 3+ and 3.5-) but not enough that I'm desperate to see the sequel.
The first was probably a little bit better. I felt a little more involved in the peripheral characters in the first one than I did in this one. Both are solid entertainment though and a good excuse to sit on my butt munching popcorn and eating a big ol' hotdog, which is my main priority with a movie like this. I saw both Hunger Games films because my mom really wanted to see them (she's read the books, I haven't) not because I have any genuine interest in them.

I'm pretty sure that was the first silent movie I ever saw. I liked it and appreciated even more on subsequent viewings.
I think Caligari was the first silent feature film I saw, too. I was completely blown away by it on my initial viewing. I've been a little less enamored with it on subsequent viewings but still hold it in high regard.

Both are solid entertainment though and a good excuse to sit on my butt munching popcorn and eating a big ol' hotdog, which is my main priority with a movie like this.
*giggles immaturely*

La Mala Educacion
it was pretty good, but I wasn't ready for the subject. I didn't know it was a movie about homosexuality and the fact that I don't really care for the subject might affect my rating. The movie itself is really well made.

Life of Pi
I really loved this film I almost gave it 4.5/5, but the reason why is that I'm ambiguous about the ending. I would give it 4.5 if the ending was Pi tells his '' false story '' about religion, tiger, the illusion and than tells the real one like he did without the images, but it should end there. The message would be that religion is living in a certain kind of fiction, but that sometime it's better to live in a fiction than in the truth (taking in consideration how hard it is)

The Wrestler

I haven't watched wrestling in over 30 years but I loved Rourke, loved Tomei, loved the 80's rock soundtrack, and I loved this movie.

Melancholia - 9/10
Been meaning to watch this for ages but keep putting it off, gonna watch it now though.

As a mars film it's not bad, but add the deadly virus to it and you have an Apollo 18 clone. The acting was solid, but story was just a bit too predictable.

6/10

Lord High Filmquisitor
I ended up watching three films last night, none of them particularly good (and only one particularly bad).

The Awakening was basically the poor man's Woman in Black, being comparable in most regards but lighting (very poorly lit) and acting (particularly Daniel Radcliffe's solid performance). It had a good twist, but lacked any kind of impact (my opinion about the "scares" too). The sex (both concentual and non-concentual) was really out of place too. Pretty average. 5/10

Only God Forgives was a HUGE letdown for me. Given the involvement of both Refn and Gosling, and its similarly pulpy subject matter, I basically was expecting Drive 2.0. The film was incredibly slow, too darkly lit and had far too much heavy color saturation (particularly red), which made it a chore to even look at. It was also trying to be really abstract, but not particularly succeeding in that regard. Ultimately, it was disappointingly average. 6/10

My girlfriend capped the evening off by making me watch air Buddies. Yeah, this happened. It was "special." 2.5/10

Reds 4/10

Thought maybe I would like it, but way too long and drawn out.
I watched that this week also. Agree, it's way too long - and it's all a bit cold. Considering we spend over three hours focussed completely on two people I didn't really care what happened to them. I gave it 7/10 because it looked good and was pretty well acted, from Keaton in particular, but it wasn't overly enjoyable.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
The performances were good, but I agree I didn't particularly care what happened to the characters. But Maureen Stapleton had no business winning her oscar as anyone could have done her role.

Been meaning to watch this for ages but keep putting it off, gonna watch it now though.

As a mars film it's not bad, but add the deadly virus to it and you have an Apollo 18 clone. The acting was solid, but story was just a bit too predictable.

6/10
I don't know what one you were talking about, but if it's Melancholia then you should it has one of the most beautiful opening scenes (or overall scenes) i've ever seen.

. I thought the film was pretty good and the subject matter is extremely relevant today. The acting is good as well. The movie dragged in places and sometimes the social commentary was a bit too obvious, but it's still a good movie nonetheless.

Lock,Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

@Camo. He's talking about the film Last days on Mars, not Melancholia.