The MoFo Top Animated Films List - Voting

→ in
Tools    

Just sent my list. What a feeling. This has been a tough list to compile. I love animated films and I feel like I've been around every animated corner lately trying to dig up something I hadn't watched.

But I think it came together perfectly, and now it's just the waiting game!

Yeah...

As I've said a few times already and edited into the first post of the thread - one-off specials are eligible. That means all the Charlie Brown holiday specials, Mickey's Christmas Carol, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, etc. are all fine.

Just A Reminder:

Once you have submitted your list to me, it is considered final. I will not accept any changes after the fact, except when questions of eligibility arise or if there is a mistake in numbering (such as a missing number), so make sure you are completely satisfied with your list before submitting.
Don't press that submit button until you are absolutely 100% satisfied with the content and order of your list. I know it sucks to realize in hindsight that you forgot this film or that film or that maybe you should've waited to vote until after you'd seen this other film, but edits will not be allowed except in rare occasions like those listed above.

Sorry guys, I've had a few ask and I hate to say no, but I have to keep it fair to everyone. Also, I've been entering lists into the spreadsheet as soon as they are received and it's a pain in the rear to go back and make changes, so I'm simply not going to do it.

All I have to say is:

F*** you IMDb for listing Waltz with Bashir as Documentary
I just saw that and it makes no sense to me. Millenium Actress had a similar narrative style.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Is The Pagemaster eligible?
I've never seen it. I'll have to look into it and get back to you.

I haven't seen it in a while, but if I remember correctly, it was mostly animated, with small live action segments at the beginning and end of the movie, similar to The Phantom Tollbooth.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
My list has been submitted. Good, good.

Reviews

Lord High Filmquisitor
Mine's been submitted. It's amazing just how quickly 25 slots get filled up.

Mine's been submitted. It's amazing just how quickly 25 slots get filled up.
Felt the same way lol.

I was like, "Okay I will start off with all my favourites... Now, onto the filling on the last few spots, how many I got so far... F*cking 32..." wtf happened

When will the countdown actually start?
Probably Tuesday, late afternoon/early evening. I work a long shift on Monday and I want to take my time and double check all of my calculations. I also have to allow for the possibility of corrections people might need to make (ineligible movies, duplicate numbers, missing numbers, etc).

All I have to say is:

F*** you IMDb for listing Waltz with Bashir as Documentary
I just saw that and it makes no sense to me. Millenium Actress had a similar narrative style.
Why doesn't it make sense? It IS a documentary. An animated one.