Paul McCartney
30.00%
6 votes
George Harrison
5.00%
1 votes
Ringo Starr
20 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.

I saw a video recently which compiled multiple celebrities giving their answer to the question "Lennon or McCartney?" I thought I might ask that question here and expand it to include the other two (quite underrated) Beatles George and Ringo.

My choice for favourite changes every day, but at the moment, because of his under appreciated songwriting contributions to the group and strong solo output, George Harrison takes the top spot.

Welcome to the human race...
Definitely not John. George was the first choice to pop into my head when I read the question, though.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
John Lennon - I liked his Beatles stuff more than Paul's, and I liked his solo stuff more. I like John not just musically, but as a person, even if he never wrote a song. He's a real funny guy too, love watching the interview, love the political and social stuff.

I did see Paul in concert, saw both shows when they opened this hockey stadium in Pittsburgh. Great show, played some great stuff, even did a few of John and George's.

Favorite Beatles song?? - I go with "A Day In The Life"

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Beatles are my second favorite band (after Pink Floyd), I'll continue with the Beatles.

I'll try to name my favorite Beatles songs..
-A Day In The Life
-Dear Prudence
-Don't Let Me Down
-In My Life
-Come Together
-Something
-Eleanor Rigby
-Strawberry Fields Forever (demo)

I love all of John's solo albums (Plastic Ono Band, Imagine, Mind Games, Walls And Bridges). I love "All Things Must Pass" but think that George (for his own sake) should have spread it to 3 albums, as that was his high point for me, as I didn't really care for anything else. I love Paul's "Band On The Run" and I think "London Town" is a good album. The riff from the beginning of Band On The Run (song) when it goes from Am-D (if we ever get out of here...) is one of my favorite guitar riffs, and Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five has my 2nd favorite piano riff (after Supertramp's "Crime of the Century")

Paul, then the rest. Really, there is much to be said about the quote from Boyhood. All contributed to the band, although obviously George and Ringo got less input. But when they did, especially George, there was great music to be heard. This is one of my favorite of George's early Beatles songs:

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Coccinella septempunctata is my favourite beetle.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

John. Always has been, always will be. Paul could be too much the schmaltzy hack, though he certainly contributed his share of great songs with the Beatles. He was also a great bassist. George is a favorite as well. He always seemed like a great guy, and of course he was an underrated songwriter and guitarist. I also think Ringo's drumming with the Beatles has always been underrated. It was always right on, and his drumming on tracks like "Rain" and "She Said She Said" is fantastic. But John Lennon was on a whole other level as a lyricist and songwriter, and he had that perfect rock-and-roll singing voice. Perfect because it wasn't perfect, and he was as equally convincing belting out something like "Yer Blues" as he was singing something like "In My Life."

One shouldn't actually be asked to choose between these four guys, but:

1. Paul
2. John
3. George
4. Ringo

The last one has the most beautiful wife, though.

I voted for Ringo Starr because no one else voted for him.

He also has the best name in the group. And he's kinda cute.

PEACE.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	ringostarr450.jpg
Views:	2151
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	19754