How Many New Films Did You See In 2013?

Tools    

I watched only 4 2013 movies in 2013:

1 - Iron Man 3
2 - Kick Ass 2
3 - Elysium
4 - Nanoha: The Movie 2nd

I plan to watch Oblivion soon though. I watched a huge number of movies in 2013 but mostly older ones, about 250 movies in total.

The list is problematic: From Up The Poppy Hill was released in 2011, 2013 only in the US. Also, there were 700 movies released in US cinemas in 2013 not only 160.

I watched 4 2013 movies in 2013:

1 - Iron Man 3
2 - Kick Ass 2
3 - Elysium

I plan to watch Oblivion soon though.

The list is problematic: From Up The Poppy Hill was released in 2011, 2013 only in the US. Also, there were 700 movies released in US cinemas in 2013 not only 160.
I didn't make this list. I could log in and create a list with all 700 movies released this year on it. But I doubt anyone would bother to look through them all, they would either get too bored or their index fingers would seize up.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I watched only 4 2013 movies in 2013:

1 - Iron Man 3
2 - Kick Ass 2
3 - Elysium

I plan to watch Oblivion soon though. I watched a huge number of movies in 2013 but mostly older ones, about 250 movies in total.

Yeah, IMDB has Frances Ha being released 2012.

Anyway, I got 22. Frances Ha being far and away the best one from that list that I have seen. I also loved Mama

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I scored a thirty, however, they didn't include things like the Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Curse of Chucky, Carrie, Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox, and one or two others that I have seen. Also, they put Last Exorcism and the Last Exorcism 2 in there.

I watched 21 films from 2013 (according to IMDb) and I still want to see another 50 from 2013 according to my watchlist.

Frances Ha is listed as 2012 on IMDB, so I count that as a 2012 movie.

I've only seen 5

Gravity, Prisoners, American Hustle, Thor 2, The Wolf of Walstreet

14 I think.

Blackfish
Broken City
The Great Gatsby
Oz the Great and Powerful
Man Of Steel
Monsters University
Despicable Me 2
The Lone Ranger
Sharknado
Rush
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
12 Years A Slave
American Hustle
The Wolf of Wall Street

I want to see:
Mud
Dallas Buyers Club
Her
Now You See Me
This Is The End
Gravity
Saving Mr. Banks
The Butler

Jeez, I did better then I thought. Though many of the 58 I watched weren't very good.
In quantity you did VERY well.
I watch much less contemporary films, because I only watch stuff that I'm interested in. I'm not watching Thor 3 or stuff like that, because I simply know that I wouldn't really enjoy it.

I generally don't see new releases unless there's something about them that's really compelling or I get dragged to the theater by my mom or a friend. Going to the cinema is just too expensive, even with the free passes I get from my dad's blood donations.

Going to the cinema is just too expensive, even with the free passes I get from my dad's blood donations.
If giving blood got me into the cinema for free, I'd be completely exsanguinated within a few days.

Yeah my dad donates blood regularly and they give him reward points for it which can be exchanged for movie tickets or other items. My dad almost never goes to the theater (he's gone only twice in the last 20 years, no joke) and doesn't use the points for any of the other stuff, so I get to see movies for free without losing so much as a drop of blood. It's a pretty sweet deal.

Finished here. It's been fun.
25 for me, the best films being The Place beyond the Pines,Gravity,Prisoners,Mud,and Before Midnight.

I saw 28. Had to add two since A Good Dy to Die Hard and The Wolf of Wall Street were not on the list for some reason.

My Best Picks

1. The Wolf of Wall Street
2. Frozen
3. Prisoners
4. Gravity
5. Thor 2: The Dark World
6. The Hobbit 2: The Desolation of Smaug
7. Escape Plan
8. Don Jon
9.Pacific Rim
10. Iron Man 3

EDIT: Okay I just saw Frozen in the theaters. A VERY good film and it tops Saving Mr Banks.

Worst movie of the year? World War Z.

I saw 28. Had to add two since Live Free or Die Hard and The Wolf of Wall Street were not on the list for some reason.
I think you mean A Good Day To Die Hard.

Worst movie of the year? World War Z.
Worse than Sharknado?

My 2013 list from good to bad, from what I've seen so far:

1. Gravity
2. Escape from Tomorrow
3. Side Effects
4. Before Midnight
5. The World’s End
6. The Spectacular Now
7. The Way Way Back
8. The Counselor
9. Rush