Back to the Future 30th Anniversary

Tools    

Today marks 30 years since the release of Back to the Future. Let's celebrate one of the biggest cult films in movie history, that kicked off the best trilogy of movies of all time!!!

Dunno about the best Trilogy of all time. But yeah, BTTF is very important to me it is one of four movies that were my favourite at one point. I'll probably write something about the first one later when I can be bothered.

For now I leave you with this

Can we call it a cult classic if it had a ride at Universal Studios? Classic film no doubt, but a cult classic? IDK about that.
The waiting area with Biff on the screen was better than the ride for me as a kid . Astala-byebye

That's what I was on about tbh... jrs said Cult Classic... but I wouldn't class BTTF as a cult film.

Regardless, I love the trilogy. It is one of the best and strongest trilogies in film history. And one of the rare trilogies were the third one is still pretty damn strong. It was also a very important trilogy for me growing up. We had the box set on VHS (I know I am a dinosaur), Mart McFly was awesome, Michael J Fox was awesome, Christopher Lloyd was awesome (hell both are still awesome). And it helped shape the tastes of a young film lover to appreciate good sci-fi fun. And yeah the ride at Universal Studios was friggin fun as hell. And it was the best part of the park before they turned it into the let down that was The Simpsons Ride. Thank you Back to the Future. You will always have a special place in my heart.

The Hulk Rollercoaster was also good at Universal Studios. My mum loved the Spiderman ride in Island of Adventure since she was terrified of everything else .

This is obviously heavily dated I haven't been to Florida since 2006 when I was 13.

Can we call it a cult classic if it had a ride at Universal Studios? Classic film no doubt, but a cult classic? IDK about that.
That's what I was on about tbh... jrs said Cult Classic... but I wouldn't class BTTF as a cult film.
A cult film is characterized by its active and lively communal following. And the Back to the Future fan base is massive in size and lives worldwide. There are millions of BTTF fans all over the fans are loyal as hell. Nitpicking the movies like crazy. BTTF and it's sequels are truly are truly cult classics. Being part of the fanbase of the trilogy for three decades and friends with many of them worldwide, including people tied with the film, I can truly understand this.

A cult film is characterized by its active and lively communal following. And the Back to the Future fan base is massive in size and lives worldwide. There are millions of BTTF fans all over the fans are loyal as hell. Nitpicking the movies like crazy. BTTF and it's sequels are truly are truly cult classics. Being part of the fanbase of the trilogy for three decades and friends with many of them worldwide, including people tied with the film, I can truly understand this.

I've always classed Cult as being a box office failure, or at least only making a slight profit, but actually turned out to be a pretty good movie which built up a solid following through TV showings and video/DVD sales.

Dredd for instance, and The Big Lebowski and movies like The Toxic Avenger, Dark Star and even stuff like Slither, An American Werewolf In London and The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

But, yeah I guess BTTF can be classed under Cult if you go by the fanbase. It's the sort of movie with a following that is incredibly loyal.
Star Wars as well then I guess too.

In celebration of BTTF's 30th anniversary, IDW will be releasing a 4 part comic book Back to the Future comic book series starting in October.

CBR News has the exclusive first interview with Gale about the new series' set-up, the timing of the stories, and how fan questions over the last thirty years have played into them.

In the first issue, our lead story will recount how Marty and Doc first met in 1982. The second story shows how Doc got involved with the Manhattan Project during World War II. John came up with a clever framing device which we'll use throughout the series which involves Doc's family from the end of "Part III," and the first story features someone you may not have expected to see.

As we progress, we'll try to use characters from the movies or their relatives whenever it makes sense, as well as include "easter egg" trilogy references. In #2, we'll pose an answer to the question of how Doc's house burned down.

The characters are the essence of any great story or series, and I hope that people will enjoy revisiting the "BTTF" characters as much as I am. John said something I really appreciated after he read my sketch of the first story, which included some dialogue: "It really feels real; like it's part of the actual universe of the movies, not a cast-off thing. Hearing the characters speak again is a lot of fun.
Read the full interview here.

Source: CBR

This with The Black Cauldron were the first movies i saw at theaters at age 3 and i became a movie lover since, i also saw the sequels in theaters as a kid as well and remember that ride at Universal when i was 11 fondly.