Movie Tab II

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
You stupid bastards.
I concur.

You ready? You look ready.
The Final Cut- One word. Wow! Robin Williams does a great job with his suspense acting. I have to get my parents to watch this one. I give it I had to wait for it to come to DVD before I could see it. It was well worth the wait.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I am having a nervous breakdance
Yeah, Wonder Boys is a gem (and maybe soon a forgotten one too ). Douglas was amazing in it. Funny to see him as weed smoking decadent author in this one and then as drug fighting conservative judge in Traffic the same year.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

What Lies Beneath
2000 - Robert Zemeckis

Rounders
1998 - John Dahl

Diner
1982 - Barry Levinson

The Bicycle Thief - Beautifully photographed. So many shots in the film struck me with awe. Its like a time capsule of Rome from that period, never seen Rome shot like that before. Loved it.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
That would mean that after having seen Gibson's film I am understanding something I didn't understand before. Or that I'm now prepared to understand something that my confirmation class didn't succeed in helping me understand. Is that the case? I honestly don't think so.
To actually see something is alot different than imagining it. When i viewed it, i honestly got more from that than just trying to think of what it was like. I'm not saying it applies to everyone but that was the purpose of the movie. Even His Ressurection was just a glimpse.

history *is* moralizing
Wicker Park 2004, liked it quite up to the end, where it unfortunately became the cliché: why does the American remake have to have a happy end, to be optimistic, where the French original (L'appartement, 1996) didn't? was glad to see Chicago on the screen though - and even the club Double Door!! - and the acting wasn't bad at all. a shame life never ends so well - when she's gone, she's gone...

A system of cells interlinked
Back to the Future (Zemekis, 1985)

I always manage to get caught up in the fun of this film. Big nostalgia here as well....

As Good as It Gets
1997 - James L. Brooks

Wag the Dog
1997 - Barry Levinson

King of New York
1990 - Abel Ferrara

The Big Lebowski
1998 - Joel Coen

The LadyKillers
2004 - Coen Bros.

The Shining

1980 - Stanley Kubrick

I still jumped at "Tuesday", and those twins will always creep me out.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
IZO

Sweet mother of God!

Keep the River on Your Right: A Modern Cannibal Tale

Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins

The Shining
1980 - Stanley Kubrick

[/size]
I still jumped at "Tuesday", and those twins will always creep me out.
I still haven't watched this movie yet. My bad.

Do you know my poetry?
Three Ages
1923 - Buster Keaton & Edward F. Cline

Play It Again, Sam
1972 - Herbert Ross

SIN CITY
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Finding Wonderland - Wow.

Originally Posted by Godsend
Finding Wonderland - Wow.
You must have been pretty wowed: you're so stunned you've confused Alice's Wonderland with Peter Pan's Neverland.

Put me in your pocket...
Zelary (2003) ~ I really liked this Czech film. I'm going to try to get my mom to see this (for personal reasons). Anyway, it's lovely to look at and I loved the acting and the story. I only wish a small part of the ending was tied up a little better, but this movie still moved me.