Movie Tab II

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
Awakenings - Robert DiNero and Robin Williams, Rob espescially good in this as a man who suffered from sleeping sickness and lost 30 years of his life because of it
Which Rob?

Watched The Stand today, cheesier than i remember it but still a great story.

1980. Director: Irvin Kershner. Cast: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, Anthony Daniels, Alec Guinness, David Prowse, and James Earl Jones.
“Impressive. Most impressive. Obi-Wan has taught you well. You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me.”

1997. Director: John Sayles. Cast: Federico Luppi, Damián Delgado, Dan Rivera González, Tania Cruz, Damián Alcázar, Kathryn Grody, and Mandy Patinkin.
"Nobody refuses the men with guns."

1997. Director: Hal Hartley. Cast: Thomas Jay Ryan, James Urbaniak, Parker Posey, and Maria Porter.
"Look, Simon, I made love to your mother about half an hour ago, and I'm beginning to think it wasn't such a good idea. I think it's making Fay jealous."

1978. Director: Ted Kotcheff. Cast: George Segal, Jacqueline Bisset, Robert Morley, Jean-Pierre Cassel, and Philippe Noiret.
"Stop! The bomb is a bomb!"
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Ben-Hur
Some ass decided it would be cool to scrath the DVD. I made it 18 minutes into the movie and through 80+ freezes and skips. I can't take it anymore. I was likin' it too. DANG!
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
You haven't seen it before?

Damn...that's too bad.
I'm beginning to think it's my DVD player. For one, I just found out it (the DVD player) changes widescreen to fullscreen automatically, which pisses me off somethin' fierce. And second, it's really sensitive to scratches. I put in The Godfather and dealt with the same freeze/skip bullsh_t. I'm going to watch it upstairs where I was able to watch....

.... The Godfather
This movie's the bomb diggady'. Choice of lens paired with some killer blocking, mucho' bueno' music score, excellent plot, and acting are all something to admire.

history *is* moralizing
A Beautiful mind, 2001, quite good. i used not to like that Russell, but after all...

A system of cells interlinked
The Village (2004, Shyamalan)

Damn, almost forgot.

Piledriver (fellow MoFo) stopped over yesterday for some gaming, and we segued into film afterwards. He hadn't seen After Hours, so I just had to expose him to it. One of the best comedies ever made, IMO.

After Hours
(1985, Scorsese)

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Full Metal Jacket

Oh, Kubrick, thine are the glory...

history *is* moralizing
Shelter Island, with Patsy Kentsit, nothing particular, plus i suspect she's got a body double in the "interesting" scenes..........

history *is* moralizing
another good one, Sedai! (i should stop writing Scorsese with a /c/ in the middle though, looks bad being a fan and all...)

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Bringing Out the Dead
Not one of my favorites but it's interesting.
Not one of my favorites either, but I really like the style. One of my least favorite Marty films, but still really good

The Haunting - same one as Pimp and about the only thing nice I can say about it is that I like Liam's voice and the house was cool…

Apocalypse Now (1979) - I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor.

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Sedai
Heya Cait you went over 5k posts! Congrats

Gracias…

Which version of Cape Fear is your favorite? I really like both of them but tend to lean more toward Scorsese's....

Do you know my poetry?
Rain Man
1988 - Barry Levinson

Million Dollar Baby
2004 - Clint Eastwood

Tokyo Drifter
1966 - Seijun Suzuki

It Happened One Night - I can't believe this film was made in just four weeks (or so says Frank Capra, Jr. on the DVD). Gable and Colbert are wonderful together, and Gable especially is very funny.

The Last Laugh - Great expressionist piece. The ending could have felt corny, but ended up not.

Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters
1985 - Paul Schrader

Half star added for cinematography.

The French Connection
1971 - William Friedkin