Napolean Dynamite

→ in
Tools    

The movies begins by our hero ND throwing an action figure out of the bus' window. It doesn't get any funnier than that. This movie is pure opinion. You like it for some unknown reason or you can cut it up with groovey film lingo. ND rides up on his bike and gets hit in the face by a steak thrown by his uncle. It wasn't that good when I was watchign it but when I looked back I thought it was funnier than poo'.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

napoleon dynamite is a love hate movie,theres no in between,nobody thinks its just ok,you either love it or you hate it.I loved it,i laughed through the whole thing including a deleted scene on the dvd which i thought was so funny it should of stayed in the film,but my girlfriend was pleading me to turn it off after 30 mins cause she thought it was a horrible movie.im buyin it,its goin into my collection for sure.

Contender
I love the tired, dusty feel this movie has. You really feel like you're living in a small town in Idaho. Kip steals the movie in my opinion. My only complaint is that the commentary on the DVD is pretty boring.

I bought the dvd the day it came out i wanted to go to the movies and see it but i never made it to the movies my nephews love that movie they watch it ever time they come over i havent actually sat down and watched the whole movie but what i did watch it was funny in a strange way

i think this movie was one of the funniest movies to come out in a while. Napolian and Pedro definitly steal the movie. almost every line they say is hilarious even though its not a funny line just the way they say it is funny. anyone who wants to laugh hysterically i reccomend renting this movie

i expected this movie to be stupid and worthless piece of crap so i rented it for the sole reason to bash it but when i turned it on in my friends house i accually found it hilarious and laughed like crazy...

l8r

The Green Lantern
I hated this movie. One of the guys raved about this movie. I guess my standards are higher than his. He does only listen to rap music, so that probably cause his low standards. My brother saw the first 30 minutes of it and stopped the movie. I thought it was sooooooo stupid.
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

Maybe perhaps I liked it because I didn't go expecting a piece of cinematic art or anything. Or maybe because it has become the mantra of my class. Then I realize, Oh wait no...HOLY CRAP! That's how my friends and I talk!. My friend and I had a long discussion about it yesterday and how we feel it caters to a group of kids that are sort of tired of being entertained, and in stead liek to find the entertainment in the entertainment. We talk back to the movie, we randomly start humming theme songs, we make fun of everything! Watching Napoleon Dynamite was fun, because we were watching ourselves.

EDIT: Not to mention our English tecaher (THE BEST EVER) went and bougth a poster for the classroom. She's such a sweetie. We told her that she could drink whole milk if she wanted too.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I found this movie endlessly irritating. I kept expecting SOMETHING to happen, but it was just one bizzare and random incident after the other, and I just got annoyed. It kind of reminded me of Rushmore, but made by someone who just didn't understand why Rushmore worked. It took all my restraint to not turn this off.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

It is kind of hard to explain why I loved this movie, but I will give it a shot. It definitely has an acquired taste, kind of like Okra or maybe fried tomatoes. I cannot really say I identify with anyone in the movie, but at the same time I understand them and why they do what they do; from Uncle Rico to Kip I love the simplistic nature in which the story evolves through the characters. I have heard a few people I know say that the movie tries too hard, but I think is does not try at all which gives it flavor for me. It is what it is, nothing more. The bland humor is wonderful and refreshing at the same time. I can watch this movie over and over again and find myself laughing at the stupidest things. What’s funny is that if you mention a scene in the movie it cannot really be considered a spoiler because to me the movie really goes nowhere, but yet it kindled my emotions in a peculiar way. I have five teenagers in the house and they all loved it, but my Mom didn’t last ten minutes into it and my girlfriend only said “are there really people like this?” I said,” God I hope so.” It is a refreshing story for me, one which proves that originality is not necessarily great, but it sure can be fun.

Great post, Se7en!

I can understand why you like it, and there's no way to argue with reasoning that is personal like that.

I liked it too and the ending is one of my favorites for its genre.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

One of the worst movies of 2004.Very dissapointing.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by Punker69
One of the worst movies of 2004.Very dissapointing.
Heh, everyone has their opinions and everyone's a critic.

I'm not a critic I just review movies

NAPOLEAN DYNAMITE(8/10)

Napolean Dynamite is an exceptionally awkward teenager. Socially handicapped, with no communication skills and a homelife as eccentric as the film itself. He goes hungry while the rest of the family and even the Llamma eat hearty meals constantly.

Doe eyes that remain almost lifeless, the vacant expression on his face and monotone one word exclamations. Napolean is a well meaning adolescent who cannot express emotion & passion internally or externally.

That is until he discovers dance and finally his body flows and is fluid, emoting raw energy and emotion in its purest form. Expressing himself for the first time to the world and rising above average to show he is unique and special.

The film is itself, unique and certainly not to everyones taste. Minimalistic cinemtography, sound and story create an authenticity or psuedo realism both in what we see and who we meet. The characters dont always behave realistically but they sure as **** aren't the sort of charecters we usually see up on the big screen.

What really sold me though was how the film is all one giant "Anti-stereotype" and as a result every scene holds surprises.

Napolean is a nerd with an average IQ, not a genius. The younger brother beats up the older. Napolean never kisses the girl, the girl doesn't suddenly get a makeover at the end. Napolean is not suddenly popular at the end after he dances. Instead for the films finale (before end credits) we get a poetic indication of hope and that everything will work out fine.

The quirk riddled charecters reflect the different sides of the outsider mentality. Outsiders by circumstance or failure more than by choice. The film gives us all hope and for those with a perfect life (in a bubble) you can laugh at it rather than with it.

For the rest of those out there who didn't dig it thats cool. Me personally, I watch way to much celluloid and am happy to see something that atleast aspires to surprise and delight. Giving me a slice of life outside of what I've lived and at the same time highlighting similarities.

Whoa, that was a mouthful. Thanks for letting throw up verbally its been a while since ive had a chance to post....

Originally Posted by Deckard
Whoa, that was a mouthful. Thanks for letting throw up verbally its been a while since ive had a chance to post....
Deckard! How the Hell you been, man? Glad to see you back, hope you can stay a while.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Another old school MoFo returns from the ether....Welcome back man.

Glad to finally meet you.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
There were two messages in this movie that made it well worth seeing, to me:
1. Find what you do well and do it, no matter what it is.
2. Find the enjoyment in whatever you do.

This is a kid who is beat from the get-go by all recognizeable standards, yet he has a good time anyway. We like him, anyway. He is his "tragically unique" self and that's 100x more refreshing then the best impersonation he could do of someone cool.. or even normal.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
There were two messages in this movie that made it well worth seeing, to me:
1. Find what you do well and do it, no matter what it is.
2. Find the enjoyment in whatever you do.

This is a kid who is beat from the get-go by all recognizeable standards, yet he has a good time anyway. We like him, anyway. He is his "tragically unique" self and that's 100x more refreshing then the best impersonation he could do of someone cool.. or even normal.
Wow... I'm being quoted now, and not just in a reply You see, I'm like that annoying song that gets stuck in your head... You just can't get rid of me

As for Napoleon, what I loved about him is that he was an outsider who didn't care... As you say, he has a blast and doesn't try to fit in and be 'cool'. Now I just have to find a pair of moon boots

My Top 100 favorite movies.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Mose
Wow... I'm being quoted now, and not just in a reply You see, I'm like that annoying song that gets stuck in your head... You just can't get rid of me

As for Napoleon, what I loved about him is that he was an outsider who didn't care... As you say, he has a blast and doesn't try to fit in and be 'cool'. Now I just have to find a pair of moon boots
That was an awesome phrase. A friend of mine uses the term "authentically different" for similar circumstances. Priceless.