which is a movie that you have love for cinema

Tools    

I learn the most from making my own mistakes
For me it was Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel from 2014 I watched the the a few years ago and I was so fascinated by the movie. Like how did they make the colors so eye-catching the cinematography by Robert Yeoman? and the screenwriting is amazing.

Showgirls.

I felt in a safe space for people eating Puppy Chow.

Lawrence of Arabia

I assume this is asking for the movie that made me love film for the first time?

For me, it would be D. W. Griffith's The Birth of a Nation (1915). The sheer monumentality floored me---not only given the period in which it was made, but by the fact that it still holds up in its epicness with movies coming up now. Not to mention the oganizational skill needed to pull off/direct so many actors.

For me it was Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel from 2014 I watched the the a few years ago and I was so fascinated by the movie. Like how did they make the colors so eye-catching the cinematography by Robert Yeoman? and the screenwriting is amazing.
The Grand Budapest Hotel is a fabulous movie. So full of joy and humor. I love it.

Not sure what the thread title means. If you're simply asking for movies which I love, it's kind of a generic question, but that would be tons of them.

I assume this is asking for the movie that made me love film for the first time?

For me, it would be D. W. Griffith's The Birth of a Nation (1915). The sheer monumentality floored me---not only given the period in which it was made, but by the fact that it still holds up in its epicness with movies coming up now. Not to mention the oganizational skill needed to pull off/direct so many actors.
I agree. It's scope, editing and cinematography are stunning-- especially for its day. It was one of the first blockbusters, and influenced many filmmakers for decades.

I saw so many great pictures growing up in the '50s. The toga films were very impressive: The Robe, Samson and Delilah, etc. But I think the one that got me really excited was Rebel Without a Cause (1955). The one that stayed with me the most was Hitchcock's Rear Window (1954).

I learn the most from making my own mistakes

yes that is what i meant my English is not very well really

I've said this lots of times before: I'm not like most MoFos when it comes to how I relate to movies...I don't have one all time favorite movie.

Though the movie that made me very interested in classic Hollywood cinema was All About Eve (1950). Before I seenthat film, I thought old black & white movies were like 'week old bread' stale and without flavor...Geez, was I wrong! Right after watching All About Eve, I went head first into 1930s precode films. Then I went to Busby Berkerly musicals and next 40s-50s noir and so on and so on!

I agree. It's scope, editing and cinematography are stunning-- especially for its day. It was one of the first blockbusters, and influenced many filmmakers for decades.
While I understand that its semi-sequel, Intolerance, is technically larger, it never felt equivalent to the revelation that my first viewing of The Birth of a Nation did.

I've said this lots of times before: I'm not like most MoFos when it comes to how I relate to movies...I don't have one all time favorite movie.

Though the movie that made me very interested in classic Hollywood cinema was All About Eve (1950). Before I seenthat film, I thought old black & white movies were like 'week old bread' stale and without flavor...Geez, was I wrong! Right after watching All About Eve, I went head first into 1930s precode films. Then I went to Busby Berkerly musicals and next 40s-50s noir and so on and so on!
All About Eve is a favorite of mine. Ann Baxter's conniving engenue plays so beautifully off of Bette Davis' aging diva.

All About Eve is a favorite of mine. Ann Baxter's conniving engenue plays so beautifully off of Bette Davis' aging diva.
Yup. I didn't even know who Anne Baxter was when I first watched All About Eve, now if I see a movie mentioned with Anne Baxter I say woohoo!

Yup. I didn't even know who Anne Baxter was when I first watched All About Eve, now if I see a movie mentioned with Anne Baxter I say woohoo!
Great film. I really enjoyed George Sanders as a cutthroat and acerbic theater critic, and of course MM's debut was interesting to see. The film dragged a little when Davis' character was in her cups and listening to the piano, but that's a very minor point.

I think I mentioned before that I had a fling with Anne Baxter's stand in. But this was in the '70s after both had become older. She was a fan of the band I was in at the time. She wasn't quite the beauty that Baxter was, but she sure got my attention... Bragging? Yup.

Great film. I really enjoyed George Sanders as a cutthroat and acerbic theater critic, and of course MM's debut was interesting to see. The film dragged a little when Davis' character was in her cups and listening to the piano, but that's a very minor point.

I think I mentioned before that I had a fling with Anne Baxter's stand in. But this was in the '70s after both had become older. She was a fan of the band I was in at the time. She wasn't quite the beauty that Baxter was, but she sure got my attention... Bragging? Yup.
You're one lucky guy Doc! Anne was a cutey and I know stand-ins have to look very similar to the star. Wouldn't mind see a picture of you two from back then.

Anne Baxter really won me over when I watched Yellow Sky (1948) loved her in that role. She played quiet a different role but still a charmer in Carnival Story (1954)...don't know why that movie is wanted so low it had a great setting and some great live high diving into a water tank.

You're one lucky guy Doc! Anne was a cutey and I know stand-ins have to look very similar to the star. Wouldn't mind see a picture of you two from back then.

Anne Baxter really won me over when I watched Yellow Sky (1948) loved her in that role. She played quiet a different role but still a charmer in Carnival Story (1954)...don't know why that movie is wanted so low it had a great setting and some great live high diving into a water tank.
I'm not sure I've seen either of those films. Yellow Sky sounds real interesting. I see that Steve Cochran co-starred in Carnival Story. Not a great actor, but had the distinction of being one of the greatest satyrs in the history of Hollywood. In other words, he was a super horn dog. And some of the actresses weren't shy about kissing and telling (e.g. Mamie Van Doren). He'd apparently be with one in the morning and yet another in the afternoon. Guy must have been pretty damn healthy!..

I'm not sure I've seen either of those films. Yellow Sky sounds real interesting. I see that Steve Cochran co-starred in Carnival Story. Not a great actor, but had the distinction of being one of the greatest satyrs in the history of Hollywood. In other words, he was a super horn dog. And some of the actresses weren't shy about kissing and telling (e.g. Mamie Van Doren). He'd apparently be with one in the morning and yet another in the afternoon. Guy must have been pretty damn healthy!..
He must have took his vitamins Mamie Van Doren should be enough for any man!

The Purge