The Happening

→ in
Tools    

M . Night Shyamalan Owes me $32.50 because my girlfriend and I went to see The Happening Saturday night. And I have to say it could be one of the top 10 worst movies I ever saw. Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of M. Night Shyamalan. I live in the Delaware Valley were he films most of his movies and I'm even one of the Engineer's who was running the Engine in some of the earlier train scenes. So I was real excited to see the finished product. But I have to say Don't waste your money on this stinker wait until it comes out on free on demand then it won't hurt so much at the end went you say what was that!

I wasn't to fond of The Happening neither. But why the hell would anyone spend $32.50 on the movies in the first place???
Doing some quick math, if you figure $9.50 for two tickets, that's $19 which leaves $13.50 for refreshments and/or parking. Sounds about right.

Which is sad. but here we are. You could easily drop $30 for two people to see a movie these days, for sure. I thought you worked at a theater for a while, did you not notice how outrageously priced everything is?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Add a few more bucks for gas depending on the round trip being close or not. Yeah last time I went with just my girlfriend and I it was about $35. I know one does not have to get refreshments, but thats part of the experience for me.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Well, use your scene card next time and see it for free.

Suspect's Reviews

Doing some quick math, if you figure $9.50 for two tickets, that's $19 which leaves $13.50 for refreshments and/or parking. Sounds about right.

Which is sad. but here we are. You could easily drop $30 for two people to see a movie these days, for sure. I thought you worked at a theater for a while, did you not notice how outrageously priced everything is?
Yes I have. But my theater, when i worked there is like 3 minutes away. I saw movies for free. Food i didn't waste my money on. The theater had souvenier cups which you could bring everytime to refill for $1.00 each time you come there and free refills. Which came with a free large popcoren. (Lg popcorn comes with free refills).

Now I don't work there so i have to pay. I go to a diff theater now though. I see early matinees which are $5.00. The website for the theater you can sign up for the movie club You get a free popcorn coupon. One per week in your email inbox and weekly showtimes. Plus the food and drink are cheap. The large drink (and it is LARGE) is $3.00.

So it would probably cost me, for two people at the movies, almost $15.00. (without the unnecessary pizza fingers and nachos and etc)

And the best is the theater will soon be selling Beer, Wine, Waitstaff, Homemade Stromboli's,appetizers, Desserts and Gourmet Salads in an added section to the place. Plus there will be a big screen in the lobby w /sporting events, gourmet coffee, lobby tables, chairs & couches with Free wi/fi!!!!!!

That's great, jrs, but I think you're kind of drifting from the point, which is that there's no reason to express incredulity that this guy paid as much as he did. Fair or not, it's a fairly expectable amount to pay for a non-matinee showing with a quick trip to the concession stand.

Of course, I wouldn't say Shyamalan owes him money for popcorn, because he gets to eat it regardless of how good or bad The Happening was, but I digress...

I think its almost time for my bi-monthly statement.

I really think I'm going to dig this flick.

Oh, and is that really you jrs? I think that may be the longest post I've ever seen you make. No offense, just curious.

Of course, I wouldn't say Shyamalan owes him money for popcorn, because he gets to eat it regardless of how good or bad The Happening was, but I digress...

Now you know as well as I that popcorn taste horrible during a bad movie, and great during a good one.

Lets put a smile on that block
OMG i saw dis film tha other day, and i SWARE that when i came out the trees were moving like they were gonza kills us!!!!1!11LOLOLLOO

THIS is a msg about the futer of our planet and if we dont listens to its, well then Sharmallam is rightLOLOL11!!!!!!!

Just seen it...so where was the movie? No big revelation, no tense attempts at unraveling the underlying truth, just plants! OMG! I was seriously surprised...that was it!

...uh the post is up there...

I nearly cry when I read things like that. Over here you can spend the thick end of $30 for two tickets. More if you go to London. As for popcorn, drinks, etc, they can cost more (per person) than the bloody tickets. Just one more example of rip-off Britain.

Yeah, well... saw it yesterday and of course, I kind of liked it. This whole thread kind of irritates me though so I'm not sure if I really want to go into a big review deal. I liked it fine though.

I will say that I have to disagree with the Nuclear power angle. I think that's just part of the portrait Night was painting. To me it always goes back to Carlin and maybe M. Night is a fan is all. George used to talk about how the planet was fine and how when it did finally get tired of us it would shake us off like a bad case of fleas. I really think that's what Night was going for.

I think 'The happening' was quite good but its not the best movie ive seen. I guess im not a fan of movies where the story is just silly lol

I for one enjoyed The Happening. I simply like the suspenseful way Shyamalan reveals the scenes and the score was amazing.

Critics seemed to generally dislike The Happening, but these are the same critics who gave Superbad rave reviews. I'm quite comfortable being on the opposite side of those who think Superbad was a great movie.

I watched some pretty funny stuff on YouTube. One was called Classic Moments from 'The Happening',

I laughed through the whole thing.

Well, I didn’t know if I wanted to see it (the Happening) but this thread has helped me decide. Sounds great!

PS, as to the world ending in 2012, well the Earth lines up with galactic center (big black hole at center of galaxy) and also with the sun. This causes more gravitational pressure on the Earth than any other period in a 27,000 year cycle. The Earth rotates ninety degrees and the US becomes the North Pole. All the ice in Antarctica and Greenland melts......and bloop.

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius, the age of Aquarius……
“cheese and crackers!”

Well maybe not, but maybe so. It would make a good movie, anyhow. Now watch, somebody is going to rip off my idea!

“You like hot dogs, don’t you?”

Lets put a smile on that block
Yeah, well... saw it yesterday and of course, I kind of liked it. This whole thread kind of irritates me though so I'm not sure if I really want to go into a big review deal. I liked it fine though.

I will say that I have to disagree with the Nuclear power angle. I think that's just part of the portrait Night was painting. To me it always goes back to Carlin and maybe M. Night is a fan is all. George used to talk about how the planet was fine and how when it did finally get tired of us it would shake us off like a bad case of fleas. I really think that's what Night was going for.
I'm glad you enjoyed it PW. And i agree with your points about what you liked about the film, and the message M Night perhaps was trying to put across.

But you have gotta admit, Mark W is FRICKING AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL in it?

I didnt like this movie at all. It scared me but Mark Wahlberg was terrible in it. I understood M Night's message but i didnt like the ending at all.