Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

His name is Robert Paulson, His name is Robert...
[...]especially the city at night looked mega fake.
Yeah, I get stuck on "fake" looks a lot in movies, though I didn't see 1917 so I can't judge in this case. But I always harken back to the large number of times I've seen a city as the airplane I was on descended for a landing.

I've always remarked about how toy-like and uber-fake it looks. Part of it, no doubt, is the lack of visual parallax because of the distance....it tends to flatten things oddly. But I think most of it is because at a distance, all of the surfaces seem far "too clean". You can't see the imperfections that we're used to close up that lend to what we view as realism.

I've always loved that effect. It's like I'm looking at a bad photoshop of a city at night when we land.

I pointed out the effect to my kids once. They were all "whoa, weird!".

Pontius Pilate, pleading with the mob for calm, from the landmark Broadway musical Jesus Christ Superstar by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned."

Primal (2019)

For some reason I though Nic Cage might of been done making not very good movies but he's not done yet

His name is Robert Paulson, His name is Robert...
Primal (2019)

For some reason I though Nic Cage might of been done making not very good movies but he's not done yet

Oooof! Yeah, that guy did some movie and financial @#$%ing up, huh.

A couple "sources" online claim he's now worth "only" 25 million. Yeeks. He's been at this a long time for only that. Apparently he was near 150M at one point.

Ouch. Some people revel in seeing the successful fail. I always personally hate it.

Lost & Found (2018) -

Pretty close to giving it the full five star treatment. It's a stop-motion animation that wouldn't feel too out of place under the Pixar banner. It's incredible that it wasn't even nominated for best animated short; I don't know if it wasn't properly entered to be eligible, but if it was, the Academy, as they are known to do, dropped the ball.

It's a film about sacrifice and love. It's heartbreaking and beautiful.

It's only seven minutes long; here is the entire film; please watch it; you won't regret it; it's so good; thank you;

❤️Grey's Anatomy And Johnny Depp & Station 19❤️
Frozen 2 10/10 , always fan of disney movies

I rate 5 star for Superbad

Legend in my own mind

Gandhi (1982)
To my shame I didn't/don't know much about Gandhi. I knew a few bits, enough to answer a couple of exam questions at school but not so much about the history or context of his cause, aside from the fact that he was instrumental in an independent India.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Super Bowl 55 Champs!
Keoma (1976)

+

Recommended for fans of grimy spaghetti. Franco Nero stars with help from Woody Strode. It looks right and has a good score and nice slo-mo gun play. There's a perfect dubbed copy on YouTube.

The Curse Of La Llorna

Hollywood ghosts are now so THERE you can kill them with a knife. This is what a film about the supernatural made by athiests who dont believe in anything looks like.

I'm with Marco on this one...this movie was dark and creepy.
Aren't you with Stirchley on this one then Gideon?????

that's poetry. we'll do that when all else fails.

Trey Edward Shults, 2019

First Uncut Gems, not this. It is insulting, really, it's like someone said: there is nothing I hate more than cheap sentimentality. We're full of it. Buy this guy a tripod, I simply don't get all the spinning, gaudy colors, focus and blur for no particular reason, adding intensity with new crap music, it's awful. I didn't rate it lower because I kinda like how he managed the story and the acting was not bad.

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (1999)

I stopped watching South Park episodes years ago, so I thought I would revisit this movie. It still has its laugh out loud moments, but the humor has worn on me a bit. I'd probably enjoy rewatching the Family Guy movie or Simpsons Movie a bit more.

BIRDS OF PREY
(2020)

Surprisingly good. Funny and action-packed.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The Curse Of La Llorna

Hollywood ghosts are now so THERE you can kill them with a knife. This is what a film about the supernatural made by athiests who dont believe in anything looks like.

Yeah, damn atheists like H. P. Lovecraft can't make horror

Lost & Found (2018) -

Pretty close to giving it the full five star treatment. It's a stop-motion animation that wouldn't feel too out of place under the Pixar banner. It's incredible that it wasn't even nominated for best animated short; I don't know if it wasn't properly entered to be eligible, but if it was, the Academy, as they are known to do, dropped the ball.

It's a film about sacrifice and love. It's heartbreaking and beautiful.

It's only seven minutes long; here is the entire film; please watch it; you won't regret it; it's so good; thank you;
Very cute. Nice find....