Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
Lost & Found (2018) -

Pretty close to giving it the full five star treatment. It's a stop-motion animation that wouldn't feel too out of place under the Pixar banner. It's incredible that it wasn't even nominated for best animated short; I don't know if it wasn't properly entered to be eligible, but if it was, the Academy, as they are known to do, dropped the ball.

It's a film about sacrifice and love. It's heartbreaking and beautiful.

It's only seven minutes long; here is the entire film; please watch it; you won't regret it; it's so good; thank you;

I rate 5 star for Superbad

Legend in my own mind

Gandhi (1982)
To my shame I didn't/don't know much about Gandhi. I knew a few bits, enough to answer a couple of exam questions at school but not so much about the history or context of his cause, aside from the fact that he was instrumental in an independent India.

Keoma (1976)

+

Recommended for fans of grimy spaghetti. Franco Nero stars with help from Woody Strode. It looks right and has a good score and nice slo-mo gun play. There's a perfect dubbed copy on YouTube.

The Curse Of La Llorna

Hollywood ghosts are now so THERE you can kill them with a knife. This is what a film about the supernatural made by athiests who dont believe in anything looks like.

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

Good Time (2017)

The one about the pirate who thinks he's a glass of OJ.

I'm with Marco on this one...this movie was dark and creepy.
Aren't you with Stirchley on this one then Gideon?????

Trey Edward Shults, 2019

First Uncut Gems, not this. It is insulting, really, it's like someone said: there is nothing I hate more than cheap sentimentality. We're full of it. Buy this guy a tripod, I simply don't get all the spinning, gaudy colors, focus and blur for no particular reason, adding intensity with new crap music, it's awful. I didn't rate it lower because I kinda like how he managed the story and the acting was not bad.

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (1999)

I stopped watching South Park episodes years ago, so I thought I would revisit this movie. It still has its laugh out loud moments, but the humor has worn on me a bit. I'd probably enjoy rewatching the Family Guy movie or Simpsons Movie a bit more.

BIRDS OF PREY
(2020)

Surprisingly good. Funny and action-packed.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The Curse Of La Llorna

Hollywood ghosts are now so THERE you can kill them with a knife. This is what a film about the supernatural made by athiests who dont believe in anything looks like.

Yeah, damn atheists like H. P. Lovecraft can't make horror

Lost & Found (2018) -

Pretty close to giving it the full five star treatment. It's a stop-motion animation that wouldn't feel too out of place under the Pixar banner. It's incredible that it wasn't even nominated for best animated short; I don't know if it wasn't properly entered to be eligible, but if it was, the Academy, as they are known to do, dropped the ball.

It's a film about sacrifice and love. It's heartbreaking and beautiful.

It's only seven minutes long; here is the entire film; please watch it; you won't regret it; it's so good; thank you;
Very cute. Nice find....