Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Irma Vep (1996) - Olivier Assayas

My first time seeing the amazing Maggie Cheung acting in English. It's interesting that, as famous as she is as a Hong Kong actress, she actually has an English accent due to spending much of her childhood in Britain - in fact she was only discovered in Hong Kong because she happened to be there on holiday. This also is directed by Assayas whom she married a few years later and stars Jean-Pierre Leaud so it should be great.

Rewatch for the Animated Musicals HOF.
Not looking forward to it.
my favorite animation ever!! completely LOVE that movie who's a big part of my childhood

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Lettrist cinema ending is outta this world!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Master of My Domain
I need to man up to properly host the next Horror Hall of Fame, and I want to watch something crazy tonight so...

Nekromantik (1987)

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future

My first time seeing the amazing Maggie Cheung acting in English. It's interesting that, as famous as she is as a Hong Kong actress, she actually has an English accent due to spending much of her childhood in Britain - in fact she was only discovered in Hong Kong because she happened to be there on holiday. This also is directed by Assayas whom she married a few years later and stars Jean-Pierre Leaud so it should be great.
It's not that uncommon though considering the British colonization of Hong Kong though, for people there to have English accents. You should read Rosenbaum's review of this when you're done.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Watching it right now as we speak.

It's not that uncommon though considering the British colonization of Hong Kong though, for people there to have English accents. You should read Rosenbaum's review of this when you're done.
It was an amazing film and I now love Maggie Cheung even more than I did before ... if that's possible.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Year of the Dragon

Fan of Cimino, Rourke, and gritty crime dramas. Looks right up my alley.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
It was an amazing film and I now love Maggie Cheung even more than I did before ... if that's possible.
Assayas was so lucky. They divorced in 2001, tho...

I like Maggie Cheung, but my number one Chinese actress is and always will be Li Gong.

I'll be watching...

A Chinese Torture Chamber Story (1994)

Sex + Torture? Genius.