Your All-Time Favorite Performances

Tools    

Smells mystical, doesn't it?

Charlie Chaplin as The Tramp and Jackie Coogan as The kid.

I hated her, the mean *****!

I know! I loved how she was able to convey exactly what the character was thinking with a single look.

I am burdened with glorious purpose

Charlie Chaplin as The Tramp and Jackie Coogan as The kid.
GREAT CHOICE!

(Notice my name)

I have many favorite all-time performances (Chaplin is one), but a recent one is:

Tom Hiddleston as Loki

I do believe that Heath Ledger will never be surpassed as giving the greatest comic book villain performance, but there is something incredibly exciting to me about Hiddleston.

I just read some people on a forum that said they forgot him after they left the Avengers, but, hey, I can't get him out of my mind.

I want to mention, too, another all-time favorite performance -- and a performance almost no-one mentions. Matthew MacFayden in Braveheart (robert the bruce):

You bled with Wallace, now bleed with me!!!!

GREAT CHOICE!

(Notice my name)

I have a creepy and unhealthy obsession with Charlie Chaplin.

Hunter Mccracken as Young Jack.

Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.

Christian McKay as Orson Welles in Me & Orson Welles

Whatd you think of Costner in A Perfect World?
Costner was also spectacular in that movie. I would even call it his best performance. In terms of character study, A Perfect World is the best Eastwood film in my opinion.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
A Perfect World is also my favourite Eastwood film, and I would call Costner's performance in it one of his best ever.

Costner is superb in A Perfect World. I can't believe I didn't think about him in my previous post.

Here's another favorite:

I'm sure not many people here are fond of Vince Vaughn, but he was excellent as Lester Long in Clay Pigeons.

Marlon Brando - Streetcar, The Godfather, Last Tango, etc.
Jack Nicholson - Easy Rider
Michelle Yeoh - Police Story III, The Stuntwoman
Tsutomu Yamazaki - A Taxing Woman
Wallace Shawn - My Dinner with Andre, Uncle Vanya
James Cagney - Yankee Doodle Dandy
Anita Mui - A Better Tomorrow III, Drunken Master II (Rouge is also great, but I like her better in these two)
Tilda Swinton - Constantine (Sorry, but I enjoyed this movie and especially loved her performance in it)
Glenn Anders - The Lady From Shanghai
Julianne Moore - Benny & Joon, Marie and Bruce
Yuen Biao - Once Upon a Time in China
Lam Ching Ying - The Prodigal Son, Mr. Vampire
Orson Welles - Touch of Evil, The Third Man, Chimes at Midnight
Lili Taylor - Arizona Dream
Sir John Gielgud - Prospero's Books, Brideshead Revisited (a T.V. series, don't really care for anything about it but Gielgud's performance)
George C. Scott - They Might Be Giants
W.C. Fields - The Fatal Glass of Beer, You Can't Cheat an Honest Man, The Man on the Flying Trapeze, etc.
Elspeth Duxbury - Make Mine Mink
Judy Davis - High Tide
Richard Farnsworth - The Straight Story
Shelley Duvall - Popeye, Brewster McCloud, Thieves Like Us
Agnes Moorehead - The Magnificent Ambersons
Peter O'Toole - Lawrence of Arabia, My Favorite Year

Costner is superb in A Perfect World. I can't believe I didn't think about him in my previous post.

Here's another favorite:

I'm sure not many people here are fond of Vince Vaughn, but he was excellent as Lester Long in Clay Pigeons.
"Lester.. the, uh.. molester."

Mystical.. Supernatural rocks!!!

I loved Al Pacino in Godfather Part II & Scarface.

Loved Malcolm McDowell in A Clockwork Orange. John Wayne in the Searchers.

Mystical.. Supernatural rocks!!!

Charlie as The Jewish Barber/Hynkel.

Ian Mckellen as Gandalf

who's the first one?He seems very familiar. :/ Oh and it's nice to see that someone liked Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator.

who's the first one?He seems very familiar. :/ Oh and it's nice to see that someone liked Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator.

Isn't that Jeffrey Rush from Quills?

Joaquin was amazing in Gladiator. He should have won that Oscar

That's Geoffrey Rush as the Marquis de Sade in Quills (my absolute favorite movie). Joaquin Phoenix was also in Quills and did a fantastic job of it, but I like his role as Commodus just a tiny bit better.