New DVDs

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
The Usual Suspects was the first DVD I bought, it was also the first time I'd heard a director's commentary (having had the double VHS boxset with the commentary on one tape).

Originally Posted by Escape
Would it be too much to ask you to name a few of the places?
Here a are two I use, my best one has now blocked using theirs unless you pay.
http://www.clicksmilies.com/
http://www.smiliemania.de/

I got these today.

"This pretentious ponderous collection of religious rock psalms is enough to prompt the question, 'What day did the Lord create Spinal Tap, and couldn't he have rested on that day too?'"

"***** sandwich".
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
"***** sandwich".
Indeed, 'tis one of the most quotable movies of all time.

"Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, having a good solid piece of wood in your hand is often useful."

Originally Posted by nebbit
Here a are two I use, my best one has now blocked using theirs unless you pay.
http://www.clicksmilies.com/
http://www.smiliemania.de/
Thanks nebbit, well appreciated.

Can't wait to watch it.

A system of cells interlinked
Picked a few newies up

Ran (Kurosawa)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Spielberg)
Pi (Arnofsky)
The Conversation (Coppola)
Heavenly Creatures (Jackson)

Two in the mail and 3 at the store.

There was exactly one copy of Scorsese's Bringing Out the Dead at the store. I carry my DVDs and my nifty new Kubrick book up to counter, and the the kid behind the counter immediately proceeds to launch the Scorsese flick off the counter and onto the floor while attempting to ring the stuff up. When he went to pick it up, the sound of broken plastic rattling around in a plastic case filled my ears. Damn him. Damn him....

Originally Posted by Sedai
There was exactly one copy of Scorsese's Bringing Out the Dead at the store. I carry my DVDs and my nifty new Kubrick book up to counter, and the the kid behind the counter immediately proceeds to launch the Scorsese flick off the counter and onto the floor while attempting to ring the stuff up. When he went to pick it up, the sound of broken plastic rattling around in a plastic case filled my ears. Damn him. Damn him....
Thats some book i gotta read. I finished Stanley Kubrick: Interviews a few weeks ago which i ordered, but hasn't arrived yet. Damn that must suck with the dvd broken and all, lets hope they restock on the item.

Originally Posted by Sedai
I'd a killed the man...probably not though...I'm a wuss. I love that movie.

A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

I bought True Romance, Jackie Brown, Snatch and Kill Bill Vol.1 + 2 yesterday.

Resident Metro-Sexual
Got recommended by a friend

Much needed title added to the collection

Well, got my very very first paycheck, so I thought I'd spoil myself, I got;

Shogun Assassin
The Great Silence
The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly
The Evil Dead
Trainspotting SE
Dirty Harry
Ichi The Killer
$hopping
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Training Day
A Clockwork Orange
The Shining
Fortress
Eternal Sunshine On The Spotless Mind
Rain Man
Once Upon A Time In The West
Se7en
Unforgiven

Bought them over the course of a few days, spent about £80.

Resident Metro-Sexual
Originally Posted by Reservoir_Dog
Well, got my very very first paycheck, so I thought I'd spoil myself

Good job Res, thats the way to go