Who is plagiarizing reviews?

→ in
Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Movie-man
There is one more thing, even if I did know a person that was doing this kind of thing, I surly wouldn’t confront them in a open forum, no instead I would contact them privately, I think that would be the mature approach, don’t you think?
You was doing so well....

So by the looks of things you DO in fact believe someone is plagerising here? If that is the case then YES of course the correct way of going about this would be to contact one of the mods, ie Yoda, Caity etc and/or send a PM to the person you think is plagerising or being plagerised. It just seems you're posting this here to provoke some kind of argument or scare tactics...

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
You was doing so well....

So by the looks of things you DO in fact believe someone is plagerising here? If that is the case then YES of course the correct way of going about this would be to contact one of the mods, ie Yoda, Caity etc and/or send a PM to the person you think is plagerising or being plagerised. It just seems you're posting this here to provoke some kind of argument or scare tactics...
I am not starting an argument nor would I ever use scare tactics, besides what would be my gain?

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
What did you think would be your gain when you posted this thread?
Not attacking you here, to be clear, I'm just curious what your point was.
Oh so you want to hear my point, I think it pretty much speaks for its self, however if your intentions are to draw me out into the open and to point a finger at one person you are sadly wrong because it isn’t going to happen my friend.

I really and truly am really curious why so many people feel that this is an attack on their reviews when I didn’t ever mention anyone. I think I stated many times that I wasn’t speaking of anyone in here for doing something like that, as of matter of fact I was told that our moderators would not stand for someone doing anything like stealing another persons review.

I said I was sorry for posting the thread, what more do you want? Names? Like I said if I did find someone in here stealing reviews and taking credit for others thoughts I surly would never openly address them in an open forum so that they will be attacked by everyone and their brother.

I am really sorry I don’t have names for you, and I really think my message was clear enough.

You know it is really remarkable when I read some of the reviews in this forum, sometimes I get the feeling that I have read these reviews before but in other parts of the web.
In Movie-Man's defense, reviews often run together if you read multiple reviews at once. After all, people often feel the same way about a movie and b/c of this their reviews might take on a similar tone... If they have similar writing styles you could possibly get the impression you were reading some 'borrowed' material.

Just my 2 cents.

My Top 100 favorite movies.

Originally Posted by Mose
In Movie-Man's defense, reviews often run together if you read multiple reviews at once. After all, people often feel the same way about a movie and b/c of this their reviews might take on a similar tone... If they have similar writing styles you could possibly get the impression you were reading some 'borrowed' material.

Just my 2 cents.
Thank you, I couldn't have said it better!

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Originally Posted by Mose

Just my 2 cents.
I agree I'm still a little new here and all, but have already written a few reviews myself and I sometimes browse other sites and read other reviews and go "oh yeah...they're right...oh yeah, thats true too...they have a point there." then I go and write it myself and may point out things that were brought to my attention. I don't know if people would count this as a form of plagarizing I guess I just picked up things here and there that I agreed with, and I might reiterate it in my own review, among other things.

Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
I agree I'm still a little new here and all, but have already written a few reviews myself and I sometimes browse other sites and read other reviews and go "oh yeah...they're right...oh yeah, thats true too...they have a point there." then I go and write it myself and may point out things that were brought to my attention. I don't know if people would count this as a form of plagarizing I guess I just picked up things here and there that I agreed with, and I might reiterate it in my own review, among other things.
I have read a few of your reviews and your doing fine. I really liked your review of “Open Water”

Lets put a smile on that block
Oh so you want to hear my point, I think it pretty much speaks for its self, however if your intentions are to draw me out into the open and to point a finger at one person you are sadly wrong because it isn’t going to happen my friend.
The only reason you have gotten peoples back up is the way in which youve gone about this. You seem to think that someone is plagerising, but you're not going to say who, but you are going to continue talking about it making us suspicious. Its a little attention seeking thats all. So if you dont think anyone is plagerising then let us leave it here. No longer any need to ask questions how you should go about confronting the person. Fin.

A system of cells interlinked
I know quite a few people who post reviews here, post them on other sites, and under a different name. I only post my reviews here, and have never stolen anything. Reviews are just opinions anyway, and I see no need to steal them.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Your point very obviously does not speak for itself, or you wouldn't have people asking you questions. And trying to make accusations of others who are merely trying to understand your point is not going to win you many friends.

I really and truly am really curious why so many people feel that this is an attack on their reviews when I didn’t ever mention anyone. I think I stated many times that I wasn’t speaking of anyone in here for doing something like that, as of matter of fact I was told that our moderators would not stand for someone doing anything like stealing another persons review.
I haven't seen anyone say they thought this was an attack on their reviews. You raised a topic that concerns people and they've responded appropriately, asking for more information. Your first post was vague and accusatory. You're going to have to answer for that now.

I said I was sorry for posting the thread, what more do you want? Names? Like I said if I did find someone in here stealing reviews and taking credit for others thoughts I surly would never openly address them in an open forum so that they will be attacked by everyone and their brother.
I can't speak for others here, but I want what I said I wanted: clarification of why you would make a thread in which you make vague accusations that others are plagiarizing, when you now say that no one here is doing that. Why bring it up, then? Why say "I get the feeling when I read reviews here that I've seen them elsewhere" (or words to that effect)?

Also, it's "surely". "Surly" is a word that is describing your demeanor with increasing accuracy.

I am really sorry I don’t have names for you, and I really think my message was clear enough.
Again, it clearly wasn't. Don't get snippy with people who ask you for clarification. It suggests that you feel guilty and are trying to defend yourself. If you had a sincere concern, there's nothing to defend.

Your point very obviously does not speak for itself, or you wouldn't have people asking you questions. And trying to make accusations of others who are merely trying to understand your point is not going to win you many friends.

I haven't seen anyone say they thought this was an attack on their reviews. You raised a topic that concerns people and they've responded appropriately, asking for more information. Your first post was vague and accusatory. You're going to have to answer for that now.

I can't speak for others here, but I want what I said I wanted: clarification of why you would make a thread in which you make vague accusations that others are plagiarizing, when you now say that no one here is doing that. Why bring it up, then? Why say "I get the feeling when I read reviews here that I've seen them elsewhere" (or words to that effect)?

Also, it's "surely". "Surly" is a word that is describing your demeanor with increasing accuracy.

Again, it clearly wasn't. Don't get snippy with people who ask you for clarification. It suggests that you feel guilty and are trying to defend yourself. If you had a sincere concern, there's nothing to defend.
I can’t believe that you took this much time to write complete nonsense pointing the finger at me trying to draw me out in an argument. Sorry Charley, it didn’t work and you didn’t prove anything.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I can’t believe that you took this much time to write complete nonsense pointing the finger at me trying to draw me out in an argument. Sorry Charley, it didn’t work and you didn’t prove anything.
Oh, now that was a mistake. I've been nothing but civil and tried to understand your point here, and you're being a little turd. That doesn't play very well, here.

Oh, now that was a mistake. I've been nothing but civil and tried to understand your point here, and you're being a little turd. That doesn't play very well, here.
You doing fine and there isn't any trouble here, it is just hard to explain the reason why.

You see, I'm not even interested in knowing anymore. You're clearly not going to budge.

You ready? You look ready.
All I know is, that this thread is kind of pointless!!!!! Thank you.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza