My Top Movies of All Time

Tools    

Before starting this list I want to point out 2 things, 1. I'm 13 and am trying to barrel through all the classic movies from the pre-2000's, so, chances are I haven't seen most of your favourites. And 2. This is MY PERSONAL favourite movie list, not the best movies I've ever seen, for example I think The Shawshank Redemption is absolutely phenomenal but I have no interest in watching it again, therefore I don't consider it a favourite. Anyway lets get started

1. Airplane (I think I made have seen this upwards of 20 times, I watch it when I'm sick, I've made all of my friends sit through it, I just love it, especially the fact that I notice something new every time I watch it.

2. Se7en (This is the best movie I've ever seen in my opinion, and I'm not a big fan of most of Finchers movies, I thought Gone Girl was overrated, and I think Fight Club is just pretty darn good)

3. Robocop (This is the best 80's action movie IMO, it has great satire and I've probably seen this one about 5 or 6 times

4. The Incredibles (My first ever favourite movie, and it will always hold a special place in my heart for that reason)

5. Spider-Man 2 (Cheesy? Yeah, but it's just great, improves upon the original in every way and the train sequence is just fantastic, also the new Spider-Man movies can go die in a fire, I'd rather watch Spider-Man 3 over The Amazing Spider-Man 2 any day

6. Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind (Wow, I love this one, easily the best romance movie I've ever seen, and I really wanna watch more of Charlie Kaufmans work)

7. Kick-Ass (Looking back this is not a great movie, but it was the movie that made me want to be a film maker when I grew up, the first movie where I went "hmm I wonder how they did that scene, that shot was so cool, oh wow that transition was epic")

8. Battle Royale (I really need to watch more foreign movies, I watched this with my other movie loving friend and I just really enjoy it)

9. The Room (Remember this list is not of the best movies I've ever seen, it's the ones I enjoy the most)

10. Inglorious Basterds (Definitely Tarantino's masterpiece.)

11. 28 Days Later (My favourite horror movie, super tense and I love the low quality camera, really creeped me out)

12. Frank (Easily my favourite movie of 2014 just beating out The Lego Movie, the ending is maybe the best I've ever seen and it has masterful performances from both Michael Fassbender, Domhnall Gleeson and Maggie Gylennhall)

Honourable Mentions include Up, Mulan, Donnie Darko, The Original Star Wars Trilogy, Terminator 2 and Team America: World Police

13 years old and you have these as your favorites? Nothing to complain about here, that's impressive how you seem to get around cinema, I respect you for that.

I have to return some videotapes.
Airplane is one of my favorite comedies! Se7en is probably in my top 20, and The Incredibles is one of the best animated movies out there.

7. Kick-Ass (Looking back this is not a great movie, but it was the movie that made me want to be a film maker when I grew up, the first movie where I went "hmm I wonder how they did that scene, that shot was so cool, oh wow that transition was epic")
I enjoy pretty much every movie you had on the list.

It's good that you brought up Kick-Ass because I feel like that movie is highly underrated. The film really balances the dark and fun aspects to epic proportions. I'd rank it above most other mainstream superhero movies.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
When I was 13 I hadn't even heard of half of these, much less seen them. Great list!

Nice list that reflects a multiple taste choice: Sci Fi, historical, animated, drama , comedy
I'm 40, now and I'm more oriented toward autobiographical films , I also watch a lot of documentaries, for my personal list I would share (and suggest):
Perfume (the story of a murderer), Pulp Fiction, Hidalgo, Ghost in the shell, Devdas
that what pops up on my mind for now, I hope you'll enjoy them too.

Nice list that reflects a multiple taste choice: Sci Fi, historical, animated, drama , comedy
I'm 40, now and I'm more oriented toward autobiographical films , I also watch a lot of documentaries, for my personal list I would share (and suggest):
Perfume (the story of a murderer), Pulp Fiction, Hidalgo, Ghost in the shell, Devdas
that what pops up on my mind for now, I hope you'll enjoy them too.
Thanks, I haven't watched many documentaries but I did actually cry at one recently that I watched, Life Itself was fantastic, not perfect though but as a fan of Ebert I really found it emotional. I've never cried at a non-documentary or franchise movie before because Ive thought you need to know the characters more before you can be so emotionally invested you've cried.

Thanks for the feedback everybody, I was concerned that people might think my list is too mainstream. I mean when I look at watching tonight forums I see movies I've never heard of from decades ago and people say that they are great. I'm watching at least 5 movies a week that I haven't seen and don't tend to rewatch films as much as I used too unless they are in that list.

2. Se7en (This is the best movie I've ever seen in my opinion, and I'm not a big fan of most of Finchers movies, I thought Gone Girl was overrated, and I think Fight Club is just pretty darn good)

4. The Incredibles (My first ever favourite movie, and it will always hold a special place in my heart for that reason)

6. Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind (Wow, I love this one, easily the best romance movie I've ever seen, and I really wanna watch more of Charlie Kaufmans work)

10. Inglorious Basterds (Definitely Tarantino's masterpiece.)

Honourable Mentions include Up,
Fincher, Pixar, Kaufman and recent Tarantino. I approve.

For more of Kaufman's work, I highly recommend Being John Malkovich.

Liam, if you loved Se7en, check out Zodiac and Gone Girl. Two great Fincher masterpieces.

And if you are into comedies like Airplane! I'd recommend you watch Blazing Saddles and Office Space, two other great comedies that are great.

Thanks for the feedback everybody, I was concerned that people might think my list is too mainstream. I mean when I look at watching tonight forums I see movies I've never heard of from decades ago and people say that they are great. I'm watching at least 5 movies a week that I haven't seen and don't tend to rewatch films as much as I used too unless they are in that list.
Never saw this post, and my god dont ever change what you like because you think it's "mainstream". I have one of the most mainstream top 10s (click the star by my name). If you like it dont make someone tell you its bad.

My top ten at 13 was probably something like this.

1.Goodfellas
2.Back to the Future
3.GoldenEye
4.Spiderman 2
5.The Goonies
6.Batman
7.Scarface
8.Almost Famous
9.Ghostbusters
10.The Lion King

So clearly nothings changed over the last 9 years

My all time farorite is - Brave Heart