MoFo Fantasy Football 2023 - The Season

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Not as big of an upset now that Kelce is out. There's no level A playmakers now for Mahones to throw the ball to. Not that he really needs that anyways, but just saying.

I still think the Chiefs win this one, something to the tune of say 23-13 or so.

The trick is not minding
And maybe a bit of a panic trade on my end but I shipped Gainwell to Justin for Luke Musgrave. Well I have to start someone with Kelce out and the waiver wire is beyond awful. You would think the Eagles are assembling a 3 headed RB monster since two of them are so injury prone. There's a chance I regret the trade but it was worth the chance.
I don’t know. Kmet is available and worth a start while Kelce is out.

I guess I may have made a bad deal eh? Probably. I admit, I really don't follow football very close these days. So instead of panic it was, "Oh, one if my main guys is already hurt... again?" Then Justin came thru and I figured why not? Maybe its moves like this that keep me pretty mediocre at this game? Its cool. We'll see how it shakes out.
Personally I don't think it's bad, at least not given the current information we have. It's totally reasonable to mitigate downside while an injury is in flux.

The jokes about justin are more about a) combining the Kupp trade with the C-Mac trade and b) imagining Kupp comes back by the second half, in which case the team from that point forward has quite a few top level playmakers.

Personally I think people reacting to trades routinely judge them only on upside potential, draft position, or name value, as opposed to factoring in team need and/or uncertainty about injuries and all that. People also tend to undervalue depth. It never made sense to me when people gave me grief about it, so I'm sure as hell not gonna give anyone grief the other way.

The trick is not minding
I usually wait until the season has begun before I make trades, but those make sense.

I do have one in mind but first, let’s see how my players perform the first week

Depth is important at the beginning but once we get to week 6-7 it isn't that important of say a team starts off 6-1, 5-2 so on. Because then you are just shaping your playoff team.

Yep, if you're confident you're in the playoffs it makes sense to try to consolidate depth into your starting lineup. Not too much, otherwise one injury leaves a huge hole in your lineup, but depth matters less as you go.

It's close to invaluable early on, though. If you've got startable skill players, particularly RBs, there's always gonna be a few teams who need them desperately a few weeks in.

Anyways, I can't think of a time where I've had as much bad luck before a season begins as I currently have in another league right now. Which now makes me wonder why I joined a league that drafted so damn early. I have Kupp and Jonathan Taylor on my IR and it looks as if Kittle and McLaurin may be out week 1 too possibly.

The trick is not minding
Depth doesn’t matter until your whole starting RB or WR lineups are injured, and you’re left scrambling to fill in the gaps. I’ve seen this happen in my short time with the league. Especially when byes hit hard toward the middle and end of the season.

The trick is not minding
Oh wait….that was me.
2021: all RB’s hurt and miss time.
2022: all WR’s are hurt and miss time.

Filling WR slots is a challenge. Filling RB slots is hopeless. I remember when we would do a 14 team league, people were starting complete unknowns.

Justin, 3 trades before the season starts?! Dude, I don't think I've even done that

Looking better, at least.

I think if he misses 3-4 games you might still win it, if your team is playoff bound either way you want your value backloaded anyway, so we'll see. Because of that it's possible for you both to win it, frankly.

But yeah, there's obvious risk-reward with this stuff when the injury status is uncertain, so I find pretty much all such deals inherently reasonable based on everyone's tolerance for that (or best guess about the most likely outcome).

Was invited to a 16 team survivor league and we drafted last night. This is my first time trying a survivor league. Talk about reaching for players. Take everything you think you know about drafting for fantasy and toss it right out the window. Jalen Hurts went No. 1 overall. By round 8 I was beginning to feel like the GM of the Cleveland Indians in Major league - "I haven't heard of half of these guys and the ones I have heard of are way past their prime" - along with the reply - "Most of them never had a prime." Should be interesting just hope I make it past week 1

A system of cells interlinked
A big thanks to @Holden Pike for another slick logo this season. Mucho Appreciated, my friend!

A big thanks to @Holden Pike for another slick logo this season. Mucho Appreciated, my friend!
Surely. I believe this is the first year I have been in the MoFo League that somebody has snaked Justin Tucker away from me. I got McPherson, who should have a good year, but Tuck is the bestest!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Surely. I believe this is the first year I have been in the MoFo League that somebody has snaked Justin Tucker away from me. I got McPherson, who should have a good year, but Tuck is the bestest!
Blame good ol' Yahoo, as I was vacationing in the whites up in New Hampshire during the draft. You most certainly would have nabbed him if I was present in the draft room!

Well safe to say KCs Pacheco is going to be a bench player unless my starting RBs get hurt or on a Bye. Live and learn. He is catching balls though, but Mahomes has a vast network he throws too, indicative of many great QBs.

Already an upset, and we've just had one game. Just watched all the highlights from the game, and am now thinking I should have watched it live!

The trick is not minding
St Brown looked like he was in for a big night, trending towards 20+ points but petered out in the second half. He was a concern.

Ekeler is probably my biggest concern, as Sedai won’t have Taylor for our game, which makes things easier on my team. Akers could be a factor.
Maybe Ridley, depending on how rusty he may be.

Should be interesting come Sunday

Was invited to a 16 team survivor league and we drafted last night. This is my first time trying a survivor league. Talk about reaching for players. Take everything you think you know about drafting for fantasy and toss it right out the window. Jalen Hurts went No. 1 overall. By round 8 I was beginning to feel like the GM of the Cleveland Indians in Major league - "I haven't heard of half of these guys and the ones I have heard of are way past their prime" - along with the reply - "Most of them never had a prime." Should be interesting just hope I make it past week 1

Just found out it's NOT a Survivor league. The leagues name is Survivor and it's a guillotine league. Anybody ever try one of these? There's no head to head scoring. We have 16 teams, the lowest scoring team for each week is eliminated and all their players go to the waiver wire. The remaining teams do the waiver process, I'm assuming the lowest score is waiver 1, rinse and repeat until there is one team standing. I'm pretty excited to try this so I'm sure I'll be done after week one. Starting two rookie WR's and a rookie TE doesn't give me a ton of confidence.