Pets

Tools    

Tiny Tim is a cutie. If I ever get a cat, I want an orange one. When I was a kid we had an orange cat named Banjo and I loved that cat. He was spunky as hell.
Yeah, I've got a soft spot for orange kitties (can you tell?). They're so handsome and the ones I've known have all been really sweet. I grew up with one that looked a lot like Tiny. His name was Timmy, which is why Tiny's name is Tiny Tim.

The best cat I ever had though was gray and white. He was almost like a dog trapped in a cat's body, but in a good way. He followed me all over the place, learned to do some simple tricks and even played fetch.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Cooper, my GF's Boston Terrier, passed away today. I loved that dog. He was a funny little guy, he loved chasing the football around the yard, he loved chewing on sticks and catching frisbees, and he was a little show off. One Christmas we gave him a little Santa hat, and he was so proud of it, he walked around the house with a big ol doggie smile on his face, making sure everyone saw it. He did the same with a red ribbon we tied on his neck the next year. He was a crazy, wonderful friend to have, and I will miss him greatly.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I've been very depressed all day. My consolation was that he was very sick, he barely showed interest in any of the things he loved doing, and all the spunk had gone out of him. It was sad, and I knew this was coming. Still can't steel yourself for it, it just hits you.

I would hope he is happy up in dog heaven, probably head butting Lassie. (He liked head butting dogs bigger than he was. It was probably a bad thing but it always made me laugh.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	harv meme 2.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	11529

That's my boy. Click on the pic to see the best looking dog on the planet.

Cooper, my GF's Boston Terrier, passed away today. I loved that dog. He was a funny little guy, he loved chasing the football around the yard, he loved chewing on sticks and catching frisbees, and he was a little show off. One Christmas we gave him a little Santa hat, and he was so proud of it, he walked around the house with a big ol doggie smile on his face, making sure everyone saw it. He did the same with a red ribbon we tied on his neck the next year. He was a crazy, wonderful friend to have, and I will miss him greatly.
So sad to lose a pet. Been through that pain more than once. R.I.P. Cooper.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
My Bailey is one exhausted puppy today! She ran away and was gone for about 36 hours. She came limping back in last night with sore muscles. She does that on occasion. She has slept the majority of the time she has been back. She got up long enough today to eat/drink and to go out and potty. Had to shove her treats under her nose last night she wouldn't move her head to eat them. LOL!

My dog. Isn't he great. I wanted to put sun glasses on him for the pic, but that would be mission impossible.

I've been very depressed all day. My consolation was that he was very sick, he barely showed interest in any of the things he loved doing, and all the spunk had gone out of him. It was sad, and I knew this was coming. Still can't steel yourself for it, it just hits you.

I would hope he is happy up in dog heaven, probably head butting Lassie. (He liked head butting dogs bigger than he was. It was probably a bad thing but it always made me laugh.)

That's terriers for you, biggest hearts in the world. I am owned by a fox terrier, Sasha

Name:	Sasha small.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	297.0 KB
ID:	11531

She will take on all comers!

My other is Vin, a two year old Dobe, but he's just plain silly.

Name:	Vin standing.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	11532

That's terriers for you, biggest hearts in the world. I am owned by a fox terrier, Sasha

Attachment 11531

She will take on all comers!

My other is Vin, a two year old Dobe, but he's just plain silly.

Attachment 11532
Without trying to sound patronizing, I mean this from the heart: I can see you gave that dog a great life and no doubt spoiled him rotten - he would have had a blast in his doggie world. No worries about bills, food, a roof over the head; the world is a playground to loved pets. It is heart breaking when they pass on, I know, I truly know - I spent the bones of a year crying my eyes out every time our cat's name got brought up - even now, ten years later, I get very upset. But that was an untimely death; and I know we gave her a great life for her short term on the planet. I've lost other dogs since I was a kid, and it really hurts, you miss them more than words can describe, but again, they were happy, and that is the secret of life, so you can very much take comfort in that. Put yourself in his shoes, wouldn't you have been a happy camper if the roles had been reversed? Bottom line, our pets don't go on forever sadly, but if we can cater for their needs while they are here, give them endless love, job well done. I'm dog daft myself, to stupid levels, they see me coming a mile off, so I really can empathize. The pain never goes away, but it does get easier, and eventually you get to the stage where you can mention their name and smile at their memory and not burst into tears. Sorry for your loss, but you did a great thing giving him the life he had.

The People's Republic of Clogher
We had a dog stolen once, a lovely daft Chocolate Lab who strayed down to the road for the first time in his life and the neighbours saw a car stopping, the door opening and Rex jumping inside. That happened over 30 years ago and I still wonder occasionally how he got on...

I'm moving house soon, finally to my little house in the country, and will probably get a dog once more. Don't think I could deal with a pup so will probably hop down to the re-homing centre and pick up some old, unloved codger of a dog.

More rat spam!

Decided to take some Halloween themed pics of the mischief today. They did pretty good for this being their first themed photos. Though next time I think I'll avoid any edible props. They kept trying to eat the corn and the pumpkin.

Group shot:

The Stoney Crusty Dude:

Linkovich Chomofsky:

The Lolli Girl:

A shame you missed 9/11 by a month.
I've never done a 9/11 themed photo. I have done them for Valentine's Day, Independence Day, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and birthdays.