Good Movies About Stand-Up Comedy?

Tools    

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Scorsese's The King of Comedy (1982)
Woody Allen's Annie Hall (1977)
Miloš Forman's Man on the Moon (1999)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I liked "The King of Comedy" as a teen, but when I re-watched it this year, I didn't like it.. I really don't like Scorsese at all. Every time I re-watch a movie of his, I think, "How did I like this?" but then realize I had only seen a few movies by then.

The Aristocrats is the best documentary. It really shows how different comedians think and approach comedy.

I haven't seen Entertainment, but I'm a fan of Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington, so I'll get around to it someday. Has anyone else seen it?

I have good memories of Punchline with Sally Field and Tom Hanks

I haven't seen Entertainment, but I'm a fan of Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington, so I'll get around to it someday. Has anyone else seen it?

Is that the one with Neil Hamburger?

If so, yes, I've seen it and loved it.

I've liked every Rick Alverson film I've seen so far....but most probably wouldn't.

The Aristocrats is the best documentary. It really shows how different comedians think and approach comedy.

Scorsese's The King of Comedy (1982)
Woody Allen's Annie Hall (1977)
Miloš Forman's Man on the Moon (1999)
My thoughts exactly!

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I don't know what the general sentiment is on it, but I highly enjoyed Funny People. It's runtime is a little more than what the story warrants and it might not be wholly about comedy (but it's a major component). Although I think Uncut Gems is Adam Sandler's best performance, I feel like this is the best "Adam Sandler" performance, like the role his entire career had been leading up to.

Comedian, about Jerry Seinfeld retiring his body of work and essentially starting over to go on the road and create a new hour of material. I like it because it really talks about the process, shows you that comedy is built on countless failures. As a profession it's basically "go and be humiliated for months and keep the things that work and after a few years you can entertain most people for half an hour." And, of course, the way doing that for a long time shortens the humiliation process because your instincts get better and better.

It also has one of the better concept trailers you'll see:

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

I love Woody Allen's Annie Hall !!