Top 5 Scariest Movies of All Time

Tools    

Not that it was a scary movie or that it scared me, but I think 'A Serbian Film' is worth a mention. It was quite disturbing to see what some rich people are willing to pay for and how they justify it.

The descent ending was really depressing but then, in part two its turn out shes alright

if we are talking best horror movies? then halloween would be up there and maybe hostel too

but the scariest have to be
The descent
Creep
The shining
and parts of the strangers

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Really depressing ending,one of the most depressing endings i ever seen,if not the most.
2007's "The Mist" and 2008's "Eden Lake" have terribly depressing endings as well

The descent ending was really depressing but then, in part two its turn out shes alright

Second part is a great way to destroy first movie.I wont watch that.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
If we're talking about depressing scenes, the scene in Fly II involving the deformed dog always makes me sick to my stomach as well as upset..that poor dog!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
The ending to The Mist was great and by that I mean one of the most depressing endings.

And why do people find The Shining scary, it's a good movie and maybe it's just me but It's not scary at all.

And why do people find The Shining scary, it's a good movie and maybe it's just me but It's not scary at all.
Because everybody's different. By which, I mean, because some people are weirdos.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Mist, Eden Lake and you can add Martyrs to that list as well for depressing endings. Not scary, just depressing.

Suspect's Reviews

1. the strangers
2 stephen kings it
3. poltergist
4. blair witch
5. paranormal activity

A system of cells interlinked
No, it doesn't, because that film is not recognized as canon, so says Director Neil Marshall. Other people rode his creative coat tails but he has gone public stating he does not, and never will, support The Descent II as being connected to his film. The Descent was agreat little thriller, well acted, well shot and well written. It is absolutely STUFFED with sub-text. It's pretty brilliant, IMO. The second film is clown shoes. Absolutely terrible.

A system of cells interlinked
If we're talking about depressing scenes, the scene in Fly II involving the deformed dog always makes me sick to my stomach as well as upset..that poor dog!
I saw this in theaters in the 80s...I was probably around 15-17 years old. I couldn't sleep properly for WEEKS due to the scene you mention. Hated it. Same with the sick sister Zelda in Pet Semetary.

and I thought that I was the only one that thought and felt this way for that scene. When it was squirming around on the floor for that sloppy soup dish.

and I thought that I was the only one that thought and felt this way for that scene. When it was squirming around on the floor for that sloppy soup dish.
I think this is why i never liked the Fly II, for that scene, that one darn scene

Paranormal Activity 3 is scary IMO.

1. Child's Play (only because his facial expressions he scare the **** out of me)
2. Night of the Living Dead 1968
3. The Amityville Horror 1979
4. The Shining
5. Dawn of the Dead

The Justin Bieber movie?