Pixar's Inside Out 2

Tools    

Sincerely hoping the sequel will be at least as good and entertaining as the first one!

There is a new poster, too:

@Gideon58 - I think they are adding the new emotions that usually come to teenagers, and if that's the basic premise, I am interested in seeing what they do with it.

Some of the biggest laughs of CinemaCon came from Disney and Pixar‘s well-received debut of the first 35 minutes of “Inside Out 2,” the sequel to its beloved Oscar-winning original film about a young girl named Riley and the emotions in her head. The sequel opens June 14.

Amy Poehler, who returns as the emotion Joy, was on hand in Las Vegas Thursday to introduce the “new story that captures the beauty and hilarity of the emotions we experience on a daily basis.”

It begins with Riley – now entering her teens – back playing ice hockey while reintroducing the emotions from the first film: Joy, Sadness (Phyllis Smith) and Anger (Lewis Black) along with Fear (Tony Hale, replacing Bill Hader from the first movie) and Disgust (Liza Lapira, replacing Mindy Kaling). Riley has grown to be kind, and with her friends is among the players invited to hockey camp.

That night, a strange noise – an alarm labeled puberty – sounds, waking the emotions as a construction crew shows up and reconfigures headquarters and the emotions’ console for “the others.”

Riley grows increasingly out of sorts as headquarters gets crowded with new emotions including Anxiety (Maya Hawke), Envy (Ayo Edebiri), Ennui (Adèle Exarchopoulos), Embarrassment (Paul Walter Hauser) and Nostalgia (June Squibb).

Led by scene stealer Anxiety, chaos ensues as the emotions battle for control of Riley. The original five are trapped in a jar as “suppressed emotions.” There, they meet a hilarious collection of 2D-animated characters including “denial” that got big laughs.

Very excited for this one

Very interesting

This is top-notch Pixar, for sure.

Cross-posting my review from the other thread:

Inside Out 2 (IMAX)

Inside Out 2 is The Empire Strikes Back of the Pixar filmography.

It feels like a natural continuation from the first film, and it also both assumes that you've definitely seen it and that you enjoyed it enough to want watching more of Riley's emotions play out.

Maya Hawke as Riley's Anxiety and Adèle Exarchopoulos as her Ennui are the standouts among newcomers to the voice cast.

It's safe to assume that in exploring Riley's brand-new emotions once she hits puberty the movie will seem spot-on to teenagers, while for those of us past our teenage years, the movie definitely brings back some bittersweet memories.

It's also worth checking out in IMAX; although it doesn't have an expanded AR, the gorgeous animation and music are definitely worth checking out in the largest and loudest screen possible.

And don't forget to stay all the way through the end credits for a good laugh.

Pixar is bringing Joy to the box-office

Just saw it today. This is the best film of the year (so far). The animation is fantastic and the performances are wonderful. The screenplay is excellent. Inside Out 2 is a beautiful, intelligent, heartfelt film. It's not quite as terrific as the first one, but this is a joyful and hopeful film that resonates with viewers, young and old.

Not only is it a wonderful movie, it's also positively smashing box-office records!

Went to watch it a 2nd time again, this one really stays fresh with repeat viewings, in some ways it even gets better the second time around.

I can't help but thinking about the inevitable Inside Out 3, which is now all but guaranteed.

There are definitely some interesting directions in which they could take a 3rd installment; perhaps it could be about Riley experiencing her first romance... the new emotions could then be something like: Infatuation, Love, Heartbreak.

I just hope they don't take another 9 years to make the next one.

Loved it

My 6yo daughter enjoyed it as well, and it made for some new conversations about how emotions work on the way home haha

Welcome to the human race...
nah, toy story 2 is still the empire strikes back of pixar movies. at least that gives the impression of mixing up its central conflict while inside out 2 is very much content to repeat the plot of the first but with anxiety replacing sadness as the "antagonist". not the worst thing, but still very much an example of how much pixar has stagnated creatively in recent years.

Biggest worldwide opening since Barbie... it's doing really amazingly well and I think at this point, Inside Out 3 is a foregone conclusion

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
It's the first time in a long time both me and child 3 have both wanted to watch a Pixar movie. However we both agreed it was just a rehash of the first without as many sad, funny or clever moments.