MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Season

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Have we discussed perhaps adding an NA slot in the past?

Have we discussed perhaps adding an NA slot in the past?
Not sure. I assume the idea would be that it'd kind of be a "minor league" spot in practice? I'd be good with that.

I kinda wanna float some very minor category tweaks next season, too.

Not sure. I assume the idea would be that it'd kind of be a "minor league" spot in practice? I'd be good with that.

I kinda wanna float some very minor category tweaks next season, too.
It would be a slot for me to put Meyer right now. Or that prospect I would hold until after he comes up and strikes out 14 times in a row before I drop him to waivers etc.

Well, I slotted in Jesse Winker. I feel like I'm giving him a reacharound for burning me a couple years ago when I drafted him, and he did NOTHING, AT ALL, FOR LIKE 2 SEASONS. Anyway, I hope to ride the streak and then show him the curb, Connor Joe style. (I really can't get over that guys name lol)

We should change our name to The Crying Game. All we do when we come into this thread is just cry

I think he had a shoulder injury. He might just be good again.

Decided to bench newly acquired Evan Carter, and Jarren Duran, and go full-tilt with my waiver outfield. Behold! - Jesse Winker, Jonatan Clase, and Andy Pages. 4,861. That's the total of their preseason rankings combined. I need home runs and ribbies, these guys are known to do so. In AAA, but thats better than proven ho-hummedness.

The trick is not minding
Darvish to the IL, quite suddenly. Wasn’t aware he had an issue. Kicked Maeda out. Decided against Manaea starting because he has the Dodgers and I’m not that stupid.
Of course, he’ll now throw a perfect game with 10+ k’s and a QS to leave me with egg on my face.

Darvish to the IL, quite suddenly. Wasn’t aware he had an issue. Kicked Maeda out. Decided against Manaea starting because he has the Dodgers and I’m not that stupid.
Of course, he’ll now throw a perfect game with 10+ k’s and a QS to leave me with egg on my face.

If he can throw a perfect game without a QS I'll be really impressed.

The new prospects experiment, is KAPUT!

Oneil Cruz, Alex Bregman, and Evan Carter are in time-out. I'm gonna let them think about what they've done, or in this case, haven't done.

The new prospects experiment, is KAPUT!

Oneil Cruz, Alex Bregman, and Evan Carter are in time-out. I'm gonna let them think about what they've done, or in this case, haven't done.
Just Goldy in the corner thinking about his inactions for me at this point. I presume he will wake up a bit once it gets a bit warmer.

Just Goldy in the corner thinking about his inactions for me at this point. I presume he will wake up a bit once it gets a bit warmer.
I've got him in my other league, and it's been brutal, yeah.

A little downgrade is reasonable at his age but yikes.

Of course as soon as I say that I realize it's April 20th.

And all the experts were saying before the season started Goldy would be a great pick in the draft for his round. I woulda grabbed him if I couldn't get Matt Olson. It's a shame because he was a stalwart for many years, and then I remember Pujols. Goldy may still rebound, or not, who knows?

On the flipside, who saw Tyler O'Neil coming? Michael Conforto? Who knew?! You never can tell when these guys will decide to start putting it together, in some cases again. I remember the year Acuna came back from his ACL injury he was Meh. Then he became better than he ever was.

I think everyone thought Goldschmidt was winding down a few years ago, but then he exploded and actually took a step forward, at like 33 or 34 or whatever it was. But maybe it's happening now. Who knows.

Re: O'Neill. I nabbed him in my other league, he was a sleeper target for me in both, but I just missed him in this one. His numbers looked good down the stretch last year and the move to Boston suits him. Just a health thing. So it's kind of funny how he DID get injured but it wasn't a pulled hamstring or a shoulder problem, just a collision with an infielder. Hopefully he's okay, because he was having a great year before that.

I think you're right to tie it all to health, though. I think a lot of solid hitters look lost for a year or two because they have a shoulder problem that hasn't healed all the way, or which messed with their swing or whatever, and sometimes it just takes them awhile to figure it out. Lot of guessing there, especially because guys are not often forthcoming about the reasons for their struggles. Sometimes it seems like they regard it as an excuse and don't want to make excuses for their performance, even.

The trick is not minding
Man, I’m so mad. When I checked earlier in the morning, I had no scratches from the lineup. When I checked a few hours later, Stanton is out and it’s too late to slot Castellanos in. And guess who is actually doing well, finally?
🤨

My team is first in WHIP and tenth in ERA. I am confused.

First and eleventh now.