Valentine's Day

Tools    

What are your plans, guys? No need for graphic details. Unless you're a good writer. Then spill. But, slowly.

Ground Control To Major Thom
The first reply shouldn't really rain on the parade, but that is everybody else's fault for not replying sooner

I have never been a fan of Valentine's day, I do not know the precise reason why. Maybe it is because I do not like being told what I should do, so the "this is the day you should make the extra special effort" mentality puts my back up. Why should this day be any more special than any other day with my girlfriend at the time.

Of course, I never really got any Valentine's when I was younger, so maybe I just resent everybody that does

Originally Posted by SmegFirk
The first reply shouldn't really rain on the parade, but that is everybody else's fault for not replying sooner

I have never been a fan of Valentine's day, I do not know the precise reason why. Maybe it is because I do not like being told what I should do, so the "this is the day you should make the extra special effort" mentality puts my back up. Why should this day be any more special than any other day with my girlfriend at the time.

Of course, I never really got any Valentine's when I was younger, so maybe I just resent everybody that does

I have a friend, Sean. He hates Valentine's day, but for the main reason he "is a worthless loser with no girlfriend." Those are his words, not mine. haha, he will go out of his way to literally seperate couples on the street. If a couple are holding hands, he will force his way between them. Yep, he has been beaten up over this! On Valentines Day he is even worse, he will go out seaking couples and tell depressing stories about his life with no woman. This is all true, if you can believe it.

I also tend to think like you Smeg, why should Valentine's day be any different from any other day with your partner? However, I think many couples that have been together for a very long time, with all that comfort, will use this day for just the two of them, especially if they have kids and their work schedule is hectic. Some couples don't have time to celebrate the two of them and what they have together, and their love. But for the people who go out and seek a date for Valentines Day, that is kinda stupid imo. What are you celebrating? sex???

In the Beginning...
I'm going to be sulking, as well as spitting on any happy couples I see.

No, I'm not bitter.

"Valentine's Day is a holiday invented by greeting card companies to make people feel like crap."

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
this will be the first time in five years i won't have him on Valentines day...i have a feeling it will be a looooooong day.

When I was seven, on Valentines, I gave Clifton a plasticine heart.....my plasticine heart and he laughed.

What am I doing valentines? A course on Intravenous drugs.

I'm not planning anything huge; probably some flowers. Just trying to settle some of the logistics. The girl I'm dating would be perfectly content if we just went out to see a movie or something, but I like surprising people.

A couple years ago I went all-out with someone else on Valentine's Day; flowers, giant stuffed animal, et cetera. It went over quite well.

It was a stuffed puppy, in case you were wondering. It was huge.

The Fat of the Mailbox
I do not support the consumerism of Valentine's Day- love is free.

I do however support 50% off all holiday candy on February 15th.

Ground Control To Major Thom
Originally Posted by rubyblood
... love is free...
..but it can be costly.

Oh the poetry of life.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I am going to Prague. Although it's really more of a co-incidence that it is Valentines Day, tickets were a Christmas present.

I'm going to work… and keep my fingers, eyes, and toes crossed that everyone, who was expected to, caved in to the commercialization of Valentines and bought the proper flowers, chocolates, diamond, car, red see-through nighty, or what ever so I don't have to answer any type of domestic disputes… Other then that… bah humbug…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
red see-through nighty,
I am hoping for one of these, but I can never find XXXXL anything else bunches up.

Originally Posted by 7thson
I am hoping for one of these, but I can never find XXXXL anything else bunches up.

The shops around here probably carry your size...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
In Wales wooden love spoons were carved and given as gifts on February 14th. Hearts, keys and keyholes were favourite decorations on the spoons. The decoration meant, "You unlock my heart!"

awww!

In answer to your question, nlkead... uhm... ::runs away::

MovieForums Extra
Its going to be just like any other Tuesday. Get up, work, work some more, go home, eat, watch tv, sleep. Nobody special in the picture this year.

In the Beginning...
You know what? This year, for Valentine's Day, I'm going to hit on somebody. I don't care who it is. It could be an 84-year old church lady at Walmart for all I care. And I'm not even going to try for digits. I'm going to lay it on thick and cheesy - as cheesy as entirely possible. It should be fun, and hell, the lucky lady and I will each get a Valentine's Day story to share for years to come.

Originally Posted by Sleezy
You know what? This year, for Valentine's Day, I'm going to hit on somebody.
Shotgun.... *holds hand up*

I'll be having dinner and going to a movie or something with the woman I love. I just have to fly halfway around the world first to get to her.