17th MoFo Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
perhaps he went with the original Herbie The Love Bug

Please don't be Death Race 2000!
I freaking love Death Race 2000, the original not the remake. HoneyKid loves that film too. It was a nom in the 9th HoF and was second to last. But nah not that.

I probably haven't seen it.

I only saw Rush initially because my mom wanted to see it and she paid for the tickets and concessions. Besides that I've only seen the Pixar Cars movies (highly doubt you have any of those in mind )...
I haven't seen many Pixar movies, but I have really liked the ones I've seen. Has anybody ever nominated a Pixar film for the main HoF?

Hadn't thought about Days of Thunder, but Le Mans with Steve McQueen did pop in my mind when reading CR's post.
I recently seen Le Mans. I though I reviewed it but I guess not. I was only luke warm to the film.

perhaps he went with the original Herbie The Love Bug
That could be fun actually! But nope.

I haven't seen many Pixar movies, but I have really liked the ones I've seen. Has anybody ever nominated a Pixar film for the main HoF?
I don't think so. I've considered it, but I usually try to pick something I love that isn't as well known so I can force you people to watch it.

I don't think so. I've considered it, but I usually try to pick something I love that isn't as well known so I can force you people to watch it.
Yea I noticed that

Pixar would be cool too. We've had a few animes, I liked a few of them quite well.

I have been tempted to nominate Ratatouille a few times, but I'll wait for one that Vicky isn't in so that I don't subject her to it. lol
Ratatouille? That one's just awful. What were they even thinking?

@Miss Vicky

Ghostwatch

This was actually rather good. It kept the documentary vibe going very very well with hints of something may or not be going on. And when things did begin to get scary, they built it up quite nicely to where I was actually feeling a little tense as the stood in the dark, looking for the older of the two girls. Anticipating and dreading the big scare that was looming about.

I'm actually on the fence when it comes to Horror films. Preferring the older, pre-Grindhouse, slasher fests. I do enjoy a really good ghost story and I gotta say, the whole hokey interview/documentary/live TV set up did a fairly good job of setting us up for the final scare.

Kinda of hard to go into a technical description for such a film and I don't mean to be so short, but I enjoyed this little Halloween practical joke quite a bit. THANKS HashTag!!

Ratatouille? That one's just awful. What were they even thinking?
I know how much you hated that one which is why if I ever did, I'd make absolutely sure it was an HoF that you weren't in.
Considering how many films I've already put you through in the past

I know how much you hated that one which is why if I ever did, I'd make absolutely sure it was an HoF that you weren't in.
Considering how many films I've already put you through in the past
I mean, you could nominate it if you wanted, I'd just have to break my personal rule about watching/rewatching all nominations. And it would be guaranteed last place on my ballot.

I mean, you could nominate it if you wanted, I'd just have to break my personal rule about watching/rewatching all nominations. And it would be guaranteed last place on my ballot.
too much love and respect to put ya through it, my dear. Ain't gonna happen.

Besides, plenty of other great PIxars to pick from should I ever go that path.

That IS a good one!
Surprisingly I've only seen it twice
That was sarcasm.

It's like the result of an unholy union between Brother Bear and How to Train Your Dragon, and manages to be nowhere near as good as either of them.

Pixote

A film that really holds no boundaries when depicting the terrible lifes of these people (Made evident by the rape scene). The film portrays these events without exploitation or obvious emotional manipulation, as if these are just the facts of life. I found the characters fairly interesting and was interested when they hit a dilemma. The emotional scenes are pretty effective. That final scene is very hard hitting.

Very interesting nom @cricket, wouldn't have seen it if it weren't for you.

Weird is relative.
It's like the result of an unholy union between Brother Bear and How to Train Your Dragon, and manages to be nowhere near as good as either of them.
I basically felt the same way about Brave...

Were there any Pixar movies you did like?

That was sarcasm.

DOH!
Well, I do remember you liking a few Pixar films. Wasn't Wall-E pretty high on that list?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I basically felt the same way about Brave...

Were there any Pixar movies you did like?
I don't want to speak for Miss Vicky, but she's a pretty big fan of some of the other Pixar.