World of Warcraft Movie

Tools    

Do you think there should be a World of Warcraft movie?
60.00%
12 votes
Yes
35.00%
7 votes
No
5.00%
1 votes
What is World of Warcraft?
20 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Yes there is a WoW movie in production for you WoW lovers (I've never really played it much except at a friend's house). On IMDB they named it "Warcraft" so you can find info about it there. I'm sure you might see some trailiers at the movies in the next 6 months for Warcraft. It's scheduled for release in 2009. I'm definitely seeing this but only time will tell if it rocks the box office.... or will it go the way of other movie based games? Should it be Live-Action, CGI, or a little bit of both?

A system of cells interlinked
Still no word on a director. I doubt they will get a worthwhile director for a project like this, and, because this will be such a niche film, I have a feeling it will tank pretty badly. Alas, if previous titles based on video games are any indication, I don't hold out much hope for this film...

Yeah... thinking back a bit.... Doom, Super Mario Brothers, Resident Evil, BloodRayne, Wing Commander, Mortal Kombat, Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill, Alien vs. Predator (Yes, it was a game way back in 1994 on the Jaguar system. I rented the system for a weekend, rented that game, and slammed a bottle of Absolut while I stayed up for 36 hours trying to beat it. Either I got too ****-faced to finish, or the game was too big to beat in the weekend. Fun stuff, tho...I think!)

Anyway, not a great track record for games. The only half-decent film i can remember that came from a game is Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within, and that had issues, as well...

One of the main questions would be if the storyline is from one of the games or a new one just for the movie. According to IMDB they say that it's a spin off of the 3rd WoW game.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I wouldn't say Spirits Within was based on a game....it simply borrowed the title. Like most of the FF games, this was a whole different story.

Suspect's Reviews

Still no word on a director. I doubt they will get a worthwhile director for a project like this, and, because this will be such a niche film, I have a feeling it will tank pretty badly. Alas, if previous titles based on video games are any indication, I don't hold out much hope for this film...

Yeah... thinking back a bit.... Doom, Super Mario Brothers, Resident Evil, BloodRayne, Wing Commander, Mortal Kombat, Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill, Alien vs. Predator (Yes, it was a game way back in 1994 on the Jaguar system. I rented the system for a weekend, rented that game, and slammed a bottle of Absolut while I stayed up for 36 hours trying to beat it. Either I got too ****-faced to finish, or the game was too big to beat in the weekend. Fun stuff, tho...I think!)

Anyway, not a great track record for games. The only half-decent film i can remember that came from a game is Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within, and that had issues, as well...
Mortal Kombat is awesome. I saw it when I was 12. I remember my friend and I would yell, whenever we got pumped up about something, "MORTAL KOMBAT!" Sometimes we would even try to sing the beat, but that was usually too difficult. My point is, is that Mortal Kombat was awesome and is awesome.

The Jaguar system.... Holy crap. I haven't thought about that thing in a long time. I used to play the Alien VS. Predator game too. That was very hard. I usually got lost in the levels. There were some scary parts too.

I liked the movie Alien VS. Predator. Maybe I was in the mood for some cheese ball crap, but regardless, I walked away entertained. I'm looking forward to this new one coming out.

Super Mario Bros was an interesting movie. I don't even remember what I remember about it.... but I remember it was weird.

They don't make em' like this anymore.

I don't remember John Leguizamo begin in it, but he is, and that's kind of cool. Dennis Hopper too. Geez'. Makes me want to watch it again.

Dennis Hopper has been is some weird crap. I like it. Anyone who can play a freak in Blue Velvet and then King Koopa in Super Mario Brothers can be a friend of mine.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I don't get why anyone would vote "No." Who cares. Make the effin' movie. I wish more movies were made. Good ones and sh_tty ones. If I don't like it, I wont watch it. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be made though. Someone else might like it. UNF' UNF'! I'm glad someone made The Strange Case of Senior Computer. I'm sure if the writer would have asked some people, "Should I write this." There might have been some a-holes that said, "No." They only movies that shouldn't be made have to do with Michael Bay. Rules are rules.

I don't get why anyone would vote "No." Who cares. Make the effin' movie. I wish more movies were made. Good ones and sh_tty ones. If I don't like it, I wont watch it. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be made though. Someone else might like it. UNF' UNF'! I'm glad someone made The Strange Case of Senior Computer. I'm sure if the writer would have asked some people, "Should I write this." There might have been some a-holes that said, "No." They only movies that shouldn't be made have to do with Michael Bay. Rules are rules.
A bad movie could damage the game's image. Warner Bros.and Legendary Pictures have the film rights but still nothing on a director

A bad movie could damage the game's image. Warner Bros.and Legendary Pictures have the film rights but still nothing on a director
The game has an image that needs to be protected? If the movie sucks, are people going to stop playing the game? The movie is a movie and the game is a game. Your not playing a movie. This is so simple and clear to me I find it hard to explain.

The game, just like books, shouldn't suffer because of a bad movie, or vice versa. They should be enjoyed or hated for what they are.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
No! No more video game movies EVER! Please, for the love of Benji, stop with the video game movies! I'd rather play the games than watch half arsed film versions...

Unless they made a second "Super Mario Brothers," cause that movie is hilariously weird. Mario could fight Donkey Kong in it!

So many video game movies have been annoucned - about 10 percent of them get made : and none of them are actually ever good games - or games with stories

I am waiting for Guitar Hero, it will be great.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I am waiting for Guitar Hero, it will be great.
Only if its about people actually competing in a "guitar hero" competition, cause that would be so geeky as to be absolutely hilarious.

I'd like to see Dance Dance Revolution: The Movie, in that case.

So many video game movies have been annoucned - about 10 percent of them get made : and none of them are actually ever good games - or games with stories
What about the Resident Evil movies? I thought they were great movies and great games to begin with.

DDR vs Guitar Hero, what an excellent crossover that would be. Rock Band is still too new so too bad.

"Hey man, I bet I can play guitar Hero whilst playing DDR and get perfect on both yeah man yeah!!!"

I guess you do have a point. Unfortunately I had already voted "no" by the time I read your post. I guess I assumed the issue to be whether or or not people felt that a WoW movie would be any good, in which case my answer would be..."no".

Technicalities aside, I was an avid player for way too long and I STILL rolled my bloodshot peepers at the mention of the word "lore". Yes, it is a great game, and as far as great games go there has for me been no other experience quite like it. But when I want a great story I either read a book or watch a film. When I want to go kill stuff, I play WoW.

I would love to see a movie about DDR though. Them kids got moves.