2012 (Roland Emmerich)

Tools    

This isn't like...

2001: A Space Odyssey
2010: The Year We Make Contact
2012: Everything gets blown to *****

...is it?
Oh for heaven's sake!

On a serious note, it looks pretty good to me as well. I like films about the end of the world. I used to get anxiety from the subject, but I guess I just taught myself to embrace the idea and I've come to love it.

Emmerich did good with The Day After Tomorrow, let's see if he can do it again.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
The thing with The Day After Tomorrow was the CGI was amazing but the story was dier IMO and I could only see it the once. So im hoping the story will be better in this as ill be reading the reviews from my fellow MoFoers and then get it on DVD.

Surprised at the November release date, seems like a summer movie to me.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

There's treachery afoot!!!
I think I have to see this movie just because my birthday is Dec. 21. Either way I like the way it looks so I'd go any way.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I was thinking the exact same thing. Which got me thinking about something else...the actors that are in this movie have what, maybe a days worth of work? Think about it, they could probably flesh their scenes out in a day leaving only voiceover work to do afterwards.

Emmerich should've just meshed all three of his "hit" movies together, Independence Day After Tomorrow 2012.

That's the real day to look out for.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Surprised at the November release date, seems like a summer movie to me.
Yep, wonder what that is all about. Very surprising. I did like the trailer, though!

I liked Independence Day -- it was very entertaining and I liked the characters. Day after Tomorrow bored me to tears.

Maybe he'll get back to his earlier film and make it more interesting? Having Cusack helps, imo. The whole Mayan calendar thing would also be fun if he explored it a bit in the movie.

But I'm not getting my hopes up.

I loved Independence Day, never saw The Day After Tomorrow, and I hated 10,000 B.C. to the credits.

Hard to tell if it would be any count.

Employee of the Month
It sure looks like it is going to be another "Day after tomorrow" disaster film, I wont be running to the cinema to see it, it will be one of the DVDs I pick up once its reduced.

But only if it`s reduced.

I love "ID4", but I´m sick of the brainless Emmerich-Crap that follows this epic Invasion.
Bay-Movies are dumb, too. But they are fun(ny).

Beware The Probe!
I've been looking forward to this movie since I saw the first teaser trailer last year.
I love disaster movies so it looks to be right up my alley.

Hate the idea of waiting till November though.

Not my cup of tea.. The fact that they're basing it on "reality" sickens me..

You guys should check out the viral for the flick. Pretty cool.
http://movieviral.com/current-viral-...gns/2012-main/

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
The Movie looks awesome But as many have said, I'm hoping for a solid and well panned out story line. The Day after tomorrow was Great, the way the scenes are done and the special effects are incorporated, are amazing; this really makes you feel that you are there and it is in fact happening. I felt that the Day after Tomorrow, Proved to be a good movie but then again could have been better, Lets Hope 2012 is that next step to the soild Movie making for a Independece Day Kind of film!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I have re-watched the trailer a few times and it looks visualy stunning just like Day After Tomorrow but I hope the story is better in this movie than in DAT

You ready? You look ready.
Dude, Danny Glover is going to be President in this movie. I'm sold. Nuff said.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

i'll be passing on this, It just seems like it's all about the special effects and not much of a story to me