Bigger hit? (Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo or 40-Year-Old Virgin)

Tools    

Gotta go with 40 year old. I think Duece will be more of the same thing and won't be as funny as the original, where Carell is fresher, and is becoming more and more popular, as are his co stars

That's a bold prediction to make...a month after the fact. What a wonderful addition to the site you've been tonight.

For the record, 40-Year-Old Virgin is over $70-million now.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

And The 40-Year-Old Virgin has crossed the $100-million mark in the U.S., even before this weekend's numbers are added to the take. I think it's safe to call it a hit.

By contrast Deuce 2 has stopped dead at just over $22-million, which is about what the budget was. The best news in all of this is we can be secure in the knowledge that there will not be any other Deuce Bigelow flicks.

I know this is old and I know hardly anyone will understand me, but I rented both Deuce 2 and 40 Year Old Virgin the other night and finally watched both - I liked Deuce 2 more. I laughed harder at it. It really was right up my alley - and my alley is filled with manwhores. I couldn't relate to the Virgin movie much and if I was straight, I can't imagine that I'd want to do it with Catherine Keener. Especially when she had a boring job like that Ebay office that looked like a thrift store. Now, had he gone after Paul Rudd, it would have been A LOT more interesting...

40 Year Old Virgin by far. Deuce 2 had some cheap laughs but Virgin was way better.

stranger then a drunken mime
Thats like putting Oscar La Hoya against Tyson in a no rule match. Tyson being 40 year old virgin of course.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by clyde66
maybe the gay cowboys

Um, what? Great first post on the boards, well except that it has nothing to do with what people are talking about in this thread, at all.

Thanks for stopping by!

stranger then a drunken mime
seriously was that post relevant to anything

Level 2 : Farmer
40 Year Old Virgin was much funnier.

nOtHiNg Is FoReVeR....
just like all sequals Deuce Bigalow isnt as good as the original...the 40 yr old virgin is so much better and it has probably made more money. i dont actually know how much either made but id say 40 yr old... is much funnier...but thats just my opinion!

Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine
I thought 40-Year-Old Virgin was definitely a bigger hit than Deuce Biglow: European Gigolo.I laughed my ass in 40 Year Old Virgin and hardly laughed at all in Deuce Biglow: European Gigolo.

Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?
The 40 Year Old Virgin is actually funny. I got on DVD. One of those films that looks like another crappy comedy but are actually extremely good and funny.

The 40 year Old Virgin all the way! 100%!