Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Johnny Handsome (1989) First time watching this movie. Mickey Rourke, Ellen Barkin, Lance Henrickson, Morgan Freeman. All did a good job, a movie that bombed at the box office but certainly worth watching. It was well written, well acted solid crime drama. 7/10.

Judge Priest (John Ford, 1934)

It all goes South from the very outset but that's no bad thing

Welcome to the human race...
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales -

Starring Javier Bardem as Tommy Wiseau.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Coming Apart - 5/10

A psychiatrist secretly records his patients... Could have been real good, but Rip Torn's performance is very good.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

I can rating it, becuse felt asleep after an hour. Not coz it was boring, I was exhausted. Awesome sense of humour, bitter-sweet

House of Tolerance

Definitely didn't expect this to be as good as it was. Such a haunting, depressing film yet it was incredibly beautiful.

I've had that on my watchlist since MovieGal recommended it to me.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

A few too many jump scares for my liking and I fell asleep. Mr D thought it was 'OK'

It might be a little racy for your taste but definitely do get round to it.

Mean Creek: 2004

You know those movies where you have a feeling near the start that it's gonna get really f*cked up towards the end?

That feeling isn't wrong...

Sounds like fun.

Wedding Planner Mystery (Ron Oliver, 2014)
+
Remarkably unremarkable

It's amazing honestly, well i thought it was anyway. It's like anti-sexy though, the whole thing is kind of beautifully horrifying.

Tarzan

Rewatched this with my nephew and niece this morning. Good fun, the dumb start song instantly got on my nerves and i expected to hate it but i got into it. I do think it's kind of not structured well though, while it's obvious from the start Clayton is the villain it still feels like it takes to long for Tarzan, Jane and the professor to find out. There was also a few moments that shouldn't have bothered me in a movie about a wild man that speaks to gorilla's but it did anyway. For example: Tarzan being able to subdue Kerchack with a headlock, look i know i should be able to suspend my belief over something like that considering anything else, but i dunno i'm able to accept Tarzan would be stronger than most humans i can't accept that he'd be able to hold an angered King Gorilla down with a headlock for a good minute and a half, and it's not even like Kerchack breaks free Tarzan lets him go. Another was during the Tarzan and Clayton fight, there's a point where Clayton takes out his knife and Tarzan quickly bounces back and dives down all the vines then...Clayton is right next to him? Apparently Clayton is as good with the vines as this man who has been using them all his life, didn't make any sense. Another was a joke but it still bothered me: it was the professor apparently staying behind too, then what was the point in that Jane scene on the boat? The emotional moment there was supposed to be Jane giving up everything including her father she is extremely close to for love and yet he stays behind anyway, apparently she didn't give anything up since he's the only meaningful thing to her we are shown in the film. Yeah i'm getting old Fun stuff anyway, great film to watch with young kids.

Wedding Planner Mystery (Ron Oliver, 2014)
+
Remarkably unremarkable
LOL. I read the title and thought 'really, Chyp?' and then you confirmed. OK, wont be going on the list for a rainy sunday. Thank You. I have a few from today's thread. Looking forward to a movie marathon.