Bug Reports for the New Design

Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Am I the only one having problems with searching just now? Instead of bringing up results that include the entire phrase being searched for it's giving results that include any singular word from the search. This means that almost no search comes in at under 1000 results

For example if I were to type in Edward Scissorhands it brings up 987 results which feature 'Edward' Norton amongst other things. It certainly never used to do that. Is there a reason it's being so un-specific?

We're using a new search system, but it's one that should significantly improve the relevance of the returned results. A few more changes are probably forthcoming, but for the moment, you should be able to narrow down the results with the advanced search criteria--which is what it sounds like you're using, since the default title search returns 7 for that term.

The goal is to show you what you're looking for, after all, and not to return the fewest results possible. Are you actually having trouble finding anything?

Just tried to update my Banner... keep getting this.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Tried several times...

No link, but I've uploaded other images just fine. I guess something went wrong with the image when I photoshopped it.

It was smaller than the one I'm using now tbh.

The one I have now is 204k jpg, the one I tried was only about 100k jpg.
It was basically the image I have now, just stylised to look like stained glass.

I've deleted it now, but will try another go in a bit.

I saw an image that fits that description on your profile when you first posted this. I think it went through, even though it presented you with an error.

Also, I know this is probably annoying, but if there's any way you could email me the image (attachment, imgur upload, whatever), that'd let me test a few things, and I'd really appreciate it.

I'll have a look in the recycle bin

Yeah, that stained glass one was a different one. That uploaded just fine but didn't look great on the forum... so I adjusted the colours, made it look brighter and stuff... but the forum refused to take the updated one.

Got it. Definitely weird. This seems to happen every now and then, where the server doesn't like some otherwise normal image. It probably has its reasons...I try not to make eye contact with it. But yeah, if you find a copy, that'd be cool.

I've had that happen before with profile banners and even images I've tried to upload for a post on here.

I think it has something to do with the image itself. Maybe file corruption, I don't know. Maybe the size is too large. I don't have/don't remember what images I used when this happened, but usually, a fresh resave in a program (I'm talking make a brand new file of the same image, not just hitting "save" again) -- maybe under a different file type -- will correct it.

This is weird.

For some reason my trash bin wouldn't allow me to restore. Def something wrong with the pic.
Ended up having to delete completely.

Photoshop has done stuff like this before. I've made an image in the past, saved it, then it hasn't appeared anywhere. Then, a few days later it'll show up but the CPR won't allow me to open it, delete it, move it... anything.
After a hard reboot of the computer, the image was then found in the recycle bin.

Is it just that image that did that? Can you restore other files?

I can restore others no problem.

Just that one pic I made half an hour ago must have had something wrong with it.

It's gone now. I had to delete it. Nothing else I could do with it, I got totally locked out from it by the CPR.

I think it was the FBI. They were controlling my Photoshop program using a Google van.