A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

"What no one realized at the time, what he didn't want anyone to know, was that he really did have a cat in his brain during filming."
I will ask you not to spoil the movie.*

First I've heard of it, but the director's past filmography is not encouraging -

LOTS OF CHRISTMAS MOVIES
That filmography is amazing. I was getting ready to make a joke about A Very Country Wedding, but that was before I caught sight of all the work on The Ponysitter's Club.

That filmography is amazing. I was getting ready to make a joke about A Very Country Wedding, but that was before I caught sight of all the work on The Ponysitter's Club.
He directed 7 movies in 2020 alone. Lockdown? What lockdown?

And yet the Letterboxd reviews are mostly enthusiastic.
I'm gonna watch this, aren't I?
It was recommended to me by a horror fan, so probably at least worth a watch. I was just curious if anyone else in here had seen it.

Victim of The Night
Halfway To Halloween officially starts tomorrow!
This is a thing I started doing last year... let me back up for anyone who bothers to read this and doesn't know me from Corri.
Every year since 2005 I have watched at least 31 Horror movies every October and had a thread writing up every one of them. The most I did was 52, that's a lot for me, I have a job. But, for me, after I watch 31 or 52 movies in one genre in a row, I need a break. So I wouldn't watch a Horror movie again for a whole year (11 months) until October rolled around again. But after a few years I found that I would really be jonesing so I would kinda start to wind up for it in late September by watching some slashers and supernatural thrillers and psychological thrillers and such and then about 12 years into all this I started doing a whole month of thrillers and weird sci-fi and psychedelia and all that in September and doing a whole thread on that, leading up to Horrorthon in October.
However, last year, I finally said to myself, "Damn, dude, you're not getting any younger, why are you limiting yourself like this, surely there's a way you can work some Horror movies into the rest of your year. And then I saw this picture on social media somewhere that said "Halfway To Halloween" and the door was flung open. April would become a secondary Horror month.
While I won't watch any Halloween classics in April and am likely to eschew icons like, say, Frankenstein or even a whole lotta zombies, I will be doing any slashers I come across (except The Prowler, I promised I would do that in October), bizarre and creepy thrillers, horror-adjacent stuff, and if I'm feelin' frisky, I may just break down and watch some real ghost and goblin ****.
Given that, here's what I have so far.

Mandy
Private Parts
Brain Damage
Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark
It Chapter Two
The Brood
It’s Alive
Elvira’s Haunted Hills
Gremlins 2
The Love Witch
The Woman
Ugetsu
Psycho II
Theater Of Blood
Lair Of The White Worm
Troll Hunter
Kwaidan
The Strangers
When A Stranger Calls
Audition
God Told Me To
Q, The Winged Serpent
Dog Soldiers
Friday The 13th Part VI

Some of these may be better suited for October or maybe September and I do have some more low-budget offerings I'm due to visit that I just can't remember off the top of my head, but I am also taking suggestions.
Takoma, for 1, owes me at least one if not more, hopefully you remember the one we were just talking about.
The rest of you, pile 'em on. No movie is too bad, honestly. Or too good, I guess, though, if you think it's really good I might save it for October.
So, let's have 'em. Bring the goods.

PS- I would have actually done a whole thread for this but I am finishing night-school while I work this week and then I also have a vacation to California during the month so I'm not gonna have as much time as I'd like.

Haha! You gave me a chuckle, thank you.
Sounds interesting. If you're calling it a horror movie, I can put it on for my Halfway To Halloween binge in late April.
This was referring to Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker

Buncha horror or horror adjacent stuff I've enjoyed over the last few months:

Fulci for Fake
Jack's Back
Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker
Killer CrocodileA Woman's Torment
Murders in the Rue Morgue
Perfume of the Lady in Black
The Vampire Doll
Lake of Dracula
Evil of Dracula
The Slayer
Frozen Scream
Human Lanterns
The Oily Maniac

Theater Of Blood
Yay!

Here's some that I've watched since October that I liked.

The Last Warning 1929
The Pit 1981
The Nesting 1981
The Initiation 1984
Innocent Prey 1989
Terrified 2017
1BR 2019
The Curse of Audrey Earnshaw 2020

Private Parts
Brain Damage
The Brood
Lair Of The White Worm
God Told Me To

There are lots of other good ones on the list, but these ones stick with me as probably being most in supply of the WTF factor, a very important ingredient.

Halfway To Halloween officially starts tomorrow!

Given that, here's what I have so far.

Mandy
Private Parts
Brain Damage
Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark
It Chapter Two
The Brood
It’s Alive
Elvira’s Haunted Hills
Gremlins 2
The Love Witch
The Woman
Ugetsu
Psycho II
Theater Of Blood
Lair Of The White Worm
Troll Hunter
Kwaidan
The Strangers
When A Stranger Calls
Audition
God Told Me To
Q, The Winged Serpent
Dog Soldiers
Friday The 13th Part VI

Nice! I've only seen a few of these (in red), but I would recommend them all, even if it's mildly (I assume that When a Stranger Calls refers to the original, which I haven't seen, but if it's the remake, please, rethink it)

Anyway, here are some recommendations, some of which I'm pretty sure we've discussed here anyway, but whatever. My mind is old and feeble, so maybe I'll end up recommending one that you recommended to me before so apologies in advance

Summer of 84 (2018)
The Void (2016)
The Barn (2016)
Demon (2015)
Spring (2014)
The Bay (2012)
Chained (2011)
Sennentuntschi (2010)
Splinter (2008)
Bug (2006)
Scarecrows (1988)
Bad Taste (1987)
In a Glass Cage (1986)
Angst (1983)
Dead & Buried (1981)
Images (1972)
10 Rillington Place (1971)
The Masque of the Red Death (1964)
The Day of the Triffids (1962)
The Tingler (1959)
The Tell Tale Heart (1953)
Strangler of the Swamp (1946)
Häxan (1922)

I just realized that a decent percentage of these came from @Takoma11, I think so thanks, Tak!

Victim of The Night
There are lots of other good ones on the list, but these ones stick with me as probably being most in supply of the WTF factor, a very important ingredient.
Agreed. I've been meaning to watch Private Parts for years but it keeps missing the cut. I plan to rectify that either this month or in September. God Told Me To is another one I haven't seen yet.

Victim of The Night
Yay!

Here's some that I've watched since October that I liked.

The Last Warning 1929
The Pit 1981
The Nesting 1981
The Initiation 1984
Innocent Prey 1989
Terrified 2017
1BR 2019
The Curse of Audrey Earnshaw 2020
Wow, I have not seen a single one of those.

Victim of The Night
Buncha horror or horror adjacent stuff I've enjoyed over the last few months:

Fulci for Fake
Jack's Back
Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker
Killer CrocodileA Woman's Torment
Murders in the Rue Morgue
Perfume of the Lady in Black
The Vampire Doll
Lake of Dracula
Evil of Dracula
The Slayer
Frozen Scream
Human Lanterns
The Oily Maniac
Some interesting stuff here, which Rue Morgue and Slayer are you referring to.

Victim of The Night
Nice! I've only seen a few of these (in red), but I would recommend them all, even if it's mildly (I assume that When a Stranger Calls refers to the original, which I haven't seen, but if it's the remake, please, rethink it)

Anyway, here are some recommendations, some of which I'm pretty sure we've discussed here anyway, but whatever. My mind is old and feeble, so maybe I'll end up recommending one that you recommended to me before so apologies in advance

Summer of 84 (2018)
The Void (2016)
The Barn (2016)
Demon (2015)
Spring (2014)
The Bay (2012)
Chained (2011)
Sennentuntschi (2010)
Splinter (2008)
Bug (2006)
Scarecrows (1988)
Bad Taste (1987)
In a Glass Cage (1986)
Angst (1983)
Dead & Buried (1981)
Images (1972)
10 Rillington Place (1971)
The Masque of the Red Death (1964)
The Day of the Triffids (1962)
The Tingler (1959)
The Tell Tale Heart (1953)
Strangler of the Swamp (1946)
Häxan (1922)

I just realized that a decent percentage of these came from @Takoma11, I think so thanks, Tak!
Awesome, thanks!
I've seen The Void and Spring, love Masque Of The Red Death, and Dead & Buried is a favorite (though I haven't seen it in 10 years now).
I've been meaning to see Splinter for a while, this feels like a good time for it.
I thought Scarecrows was an awful movie when I saw it like a dozen but my standards are much lower now.
Haxan, to me, is pure Halloween, so it can only be viewed during October.
I've wanted to see Day of the Triffids since I was a little kid (literally 40 years ago) but I've never found it streaming.
The rest of these all seem like good candidates. I don't know what Strangler Of The Swamp is about (unless it's about a strangler in/from a swamp) but that's in on the title alone.

I don't know what Strangler Of The Swamp is about (unless it's about a strangler in/from a swamp) but that's in on the title alone.

It's a B-movie for sure, but it's got three movies' worth of atmosphere