Oscar's Best Picture (2008)

Tools    

Which of Oscar's Choices is Your Best Picture?
11.11%
3 votes
ATONEMENT
18.52%
5 votes
JUNO
3.70%
1 votes
MICHAEL CLAYTON
44.44%
12 votes
NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
22.22%
6 votes
THERE WILL BE BLOOD
27 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Lets put a smile on that block
And blib, isn't There Will Be Blood released the week after, February 15th?
AH MrMcGuffin, indeed this is true. However, if you be from the Old London Town like myself, There Will Be Blood is showing in Leicester Square from the 8th onwards.

Gotta echo this. Atonement is not really a war film at all (though I can understand why someone might think it is); the majority of the film takes place before the war, and there really aren't any prolonged battle sequences. The war is treated the same way the characters view it; as an interruption of their lives.

I'm going to have to wait until I've seen all the nominees. Sorry.
Me too No, I made a guess

Aye boy don't spit in my drink!
I'm glad to say I've seen all the nominees. My favorite of the bunch is Michael Clayton, but honestly I'd be more than happy to see the top award go to any of them except Atonement.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Where's the love for Hot Fuzz ?
I seriously doubt that is considered awards material

This really makes me wish I'd seen Michael Clayton...

Lucky you, it is coming back to theaters

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm not sure if it is in Australia.

Hey Iroquois, what films are up for the Australian film awards?

Welcome to the human race...
EDIT looks like nebbit beat me to it

As for Michael Clayton, I'm pretty sure it was already released in Australia and also finished showing in cinemas.

As for Michael Clayton, I'm pretty sure it was already released in Australia and also finished showing in cinemas.
It has I have seen it if it has been to Wollongong then it is well and truly been and gone

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
Something for those willing to spend a day at the movies to see all of them:

http://www.investor.amctheatres.com/...leaseID=289667

Its actually even better because you can just go to the one you want to see, leave, and come back for another one later...

1st post: “your stubborn ignorance is what makes viddy viddy, so enjoy it!”

2nd post: “Anyway, as I say, your loss, Dude.”

3rd post: “And for the hat trick, it really is your loss.”

Too many participants in this forum seem way too eager to denounce the honest opinions of others. I can understand thinking, "Your loss!" I can even understand, in the heat of argument, saying it--once. But why harp on it when all the other person said was that the subject of a certain film wasn't of interest to that person?
Opinions of films are going to differ based on our individual backgrounds and interests. Doesn't make me right; doesn't make you wrong if we express different viewpoints. But a lot of us act like we've got money invested in these films and it's taking someting out of our pockets if someone else doesn't think our personal favorite movie isn't the greatest thing ever filmed.
Hey, it's only a movie.

Originally Posted by rufnek
Too many participants in this forum seem way too eager to denounce the honest opinions of others. I can understand thinking, "Your loss!" I can even understand, in the heat of argument, saying it--once. But why harp on it when all the other person said was that the subject of a certain film wasn't of interest to that person?

Opinions of films are going to differ based on our individual backgrounds and interests. Doesn't make me right; doesn't make you wrong if we express different viewpoints. But a lot of us act like we've got money invested in these films and it's taking [something] out of our pockets if someone else doesn't think our personal favorite movie isn't the greatest thing ever filmed.

In this particular case it's because I've known Viddy for many years now, mostly through another now defunct board, and I was sparring with my friend.

I get what you're saying, Rufnek, but it has nothing to do with the posts Viddy and I were having about Juno. I could give a crap if he or anyone ever sees Juno, but I know him, I know how he often thinks about these things, and it was clear to me (and by his own admission) he was dismissing it out of hand, not based on anything specifically about the movie itself, other than a sense of Ellen Page from one other movie role, but some general sense of teenagers and their issues that was clouding his chance at judging it for what it is. It wasn't an opinion on the film itself, it was an opinion on maybe the marketing and mostly the general topic of the flick. If he saw Juno and didn't groove to it, rock on. I was simply trying to break through his bias based on subject matter alone.

But thanks for sticking up for somebody who didn't need sticking up for on a subject that was only tangentially related to what you are taking issue with! You da' man!

Hey, it's only a movie.
Hey, it's only a movie board.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

But thanks for sticking up for somebody who didn't need sticking up for on a subject that was only tangentially related to what you are taking issue with! You da' man!
Well, uh, you're welcome, uh, I guess. Now will someone help me down from this windmill sail?

In time I may figure out something about your line of thought and sense of humor, but I may not have enough years left. Meanwhile, you do keep me entertained.

Oh yeah, forgot you lived in Australia. Sorry it won't come back for ya

I really shouldn't be voting on this because I haven't seen any of these films, but I have heard so much great stuff about Juno that I had to vote for it. I want to see it so bad.