Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Brink of Life (1958)

Three pregnant bitches in a maternity ward; that's what the film's title could have been because that's what it is. Do they want the baby, does their family want the baby, will the baby be born healthy, will the baby be born at all, etc. I thought it was fairly simple for a Bergman film, but it still has power. It's an easy watch at just over 80 minutes with no wasted time.
LOL.. Great title! I think I will look for this movie right now.

Care for some gopher?
Brink of Life (1958)

I've seen this movie yesterday, as well. I gave it a
. It's great!

Hi everyone: I am not sure how you are all getting those popcorn icons on your rankings.... Anyone able to help?

Anyway, this is my rating for Batman: The Killing Joke.

I found this movie to be a sad double-down on the mistakes made in the original comic. The choices made by the writers confound and confuse me. I was looking forward (in sort of an academic way) to seeing how DC would handle this, given all of the criticism thrown at the original story arc.

Sadly, it appears no lessons were learned at all.

2/5

Hi everyone: I am not sure how you are all getting those popcorn icons on your rankings.... Anyone able to help?
Here - http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=45798

Wouldn't it make more sense to sticky that in general movie discussion and movie reviews than movie forums: site stuff?

Finding Dory -

While i recognize Finding Nemo as one of the ten good-very good Pixars it has always been my least favourite of those so with the likelihood of the sequel being weaker there was always a chance of me not liking this much. I don't think this was bad, the only Pixar i've seen that i thought was bad is Brave but this was pretty meh. Visually it was great but this is just the norm for Pixar and it didn't look anymore impressive than most of their other films.
Good voice acting especially Albert Brooks, i know Ellen always gets the praise for her work as Dory and she is very good but Brooks has one of my favourite voices ever. Baby Dory was so adorable, loved the flashbacks for this reason. One thing i did like was the premise so many sequels are completely unneccessary, while not neccessary i do think it is completely believable that Dory lost and forgot about her family because of her memory troubles. The thing that failed for me the most was the humour, i barely laughed at all probably less than my least favourites Brave and Monsters University even. Emotionally it didn't work as well as i've been hearing it did for others.

WARNING: "finding dory" spoilers below
I knew her parents wouldn't be dead as soon as she was told they most likely were so them reuniting didn't do much for me.

Not a bad film but not at Pixar's usual high standard.

With only Cars 2 to watch Pixar ranked for me:

01.WALL-E
02.Monsters Inc
03.The Incredibles
04.Up
05.Toy Story 2
06.Inside Out
07.Toy Story 3
08.Toy Story
09.Ratatouille
10.Finding Nemo
11.The Good Dinosaur
12.A Bugs Life
13.Cars
14.Finding Dory
15.Monsters University
16.Brave

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
It's on Youtube with subs if you don't mind watching films there:
There's a BluRay release of this too
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Genre: Horror /remake: Shutter (2004)
Cast: Joshua Jackson and Rachael Taylor

After a night out a newlywed couple finds themselfs in trouble after hitting a young woman with their car,they search everywhere but cant find her.They then travell to Tokyo where he works as a photographer but flashes of light suddenly appears on all his photos, seems like the past wont stay hidden.

Remember when it was really in to remake asian horrormovies? I`ll admit i liked The Ring at the time but unfortunately neither the grudge nor shutter worked for me. Firstly the acting,espescially by the female lead Rachael Taylor,was reaally bad,though none of the cast were impressive,also there was a serious lack of chemistry between the main couple.secondly i feel like ive already seen this movie by seeing the ring and the grudge its the same tactics in all-and none of them are scary,to me the girlghost is just..well not even funny really.
in all honesty I wanted to turn this off after the first 5 mintures but decided to sit it out,wasnt worth it really.

Raman Raghav 2.0 (2016)

Quite dark & interesting psychological thriller from India about this serial killer, Ramanna, inspired by the works of a real-life serial killer named Raman Raghav who left a trail of ghastly murders in mid 60s in Mumbai. Ramanna's story is set in present time and it gradually explores his discovery of an unlikely partner in crime from an opposite end!
India's one of the most popular & best contemporary character actors Nawazuddin Siddiqui nailed the title role brilliantly and the young actor who portrayed the role of an addict cop also shines in his part.

Shelley (2016)

Pretty slow burn or art-house take on pregnancy horror. Not as good as I expected as it left quite a number of things unexplained.

Since you're a fellow horror aficionado, let me ask you, have you by any chance seen Neighbor No. 13? If not, I recommend it.

Films and films
The Big easy....5.5/10

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Louisiana Story is older and closer to neorealism.
Hard to tell, it just felt like typical Flaherty docudrama. At least this time he wasn't pretending it's a real documentary like he was with Nanook.

You're Next -
+

I liked this. There was nothing that special or original about it but i hadn't seen a slasher in a good while and i think this was pretty well done. Must say it was really dull at first, was stuggling to stay interested and was expecting to hate this. It picked up at the murder during the dinner scene thankfully. My god the scene where the woman gets shot in the throat is disturbing, if it wasn't so graphic it would've probably been hilarious considering how dramatic it is before abruptly failing. I loved the idea of them attacking the wrong people at the wrong time, since there was a random brutal badass there it being revealed that they were hired ruined that a bit. Really not got much else to say, enjoyable slasher but nothing amazing.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Welcome to the human race...
Hardcore Henry -

I take this as my reminder that I haven't played any videogames in a while.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Hardcore Henry -

I take this as my reminder that I haven't played any videogames in a while.
Are you doing a write-up? Curious as to how enjoyable a watch this is.